PDA

View Full Version : Oncologist Question

Mgarr
11-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Can anyone recommend an oncologist in Southern CA (Orange) for a stage III ovarian fighter? Thanks for your help.

Mary

Joe
11-07-2007, 09:40 AM
I would highly recommend Dr. John Link or Dr. Weisman of Breastlink for a referral. They are in Long Beach. Although they do specialize in breast cancer, I am sure that they will give you an excellent referral. Mention the HER2 Support Group as they are familiar with our advocacy.

http://www.breastlink.com/

Regards
Joe

harrie
11-07-2007, 11:25 PM
I live in Hawaii but have had all my treatments and surgeries through Breastlink in So California. I have been for second opinions elsewhere and yet my oncologist, Dr. James Waisman, is right there on the mark. He is not only extremely knowledgable, but I have never met a more caring and compassionate doctor. I consider him my god-send.
I was limited to time when I was visiting in CA and the doctors there bent over backwards to set up consultations and appointments for me to fit everything in the short amt of time that I had.
Because of Dr. Waisman, I KNOW that I made the right decisions and I sleep good at night.
The phone number to his facility is 310 539-2300. My friend sees Dr. Link and he is excellent also.
You are welcome to tell him that Maryanne in Hilo, HI referred you to him.
Good luck and take care.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Maryanne

Mgarr
11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Thank you thank you

hutchibk
11-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I know there is a fantastic onc at Tower Oncology (connected to Cedar's in LA - if you want to drive a little) named Dr. Wilhemena McAndrew. She's supposed to be a really gifted doc.

harrie
11-10-2007, 03:28 PM
There is another oncologist in Redondo Beach, CA. His name is Dr. David Chan. He wrote the book Real Questions Real Answers which is excellent. I never met him personally, but he was nice enough to help me out considerably in getting a second opinion from Dr. Mark Pegram in regards to chemo and my HER2.
Harrie

swanky
11-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I was referred to Dr. Gregory Sarna out of Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles. Currently he is co investigator in the PARP trial that I am on which is also open to Ovarian cancer patients.

Cheryl E
11-14-2007, 11:18 PM
4 1/2 years ago, I saw Dr. Waisman for a second opinion in his Fountain Valley office, (714) 378-5011. Don't know if Breastlink still has that location. I love my onc in Orange, Tariq Mahmood, 541-6622. He was my first opinion and Waisman's 2nd opinion was the same as Mahmood's.