PDA

View Full Version : Scan Results

Vanessa
11-07-2007, 12:50 AM
I got blown away today when my dr. told me that my scans were clear. I still have to do a brain MRI in about 2 weeks, but she was very encouraged that they did not see any metastasis. She is going to keep me on a lower dose of abraxane for a while, to try to kill any cancer cells that cannot be seen. She is also going to try to schedule me for a petscan, because she likes that test better. I started taking Tykerb last Friday and started out with 2, it made me really sick at my stomach, so I lowered it to 1. When I saw the doctor today, she told me to take a 2 day break. She also got my insurance to approve a shot of aloxi, which is currently only approved for chemo. I felt better, but not the same. I don't know how the people who started on 5 pills did it. Anyway, I am feeling encouraged by my test results. Thanks again for all of your prayers and support. I am continuing to pray for all of my sisters on this site. Blessings.

Chelee
11-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Vanessa, That is wonderful news! It sounds like your oncologist is on top of everything rather well....leaving nothing to chance except positive things to come. :) Wishing you the same great results on your up-coming brain scan. (I'm sure it will be clean.) I'm glad I checked in here...I just love hearing good news. I'm so happy for you. I will *continue* to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there...wishing you nothing but good things to come.

Chelee

Vanessa
11-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Thank you Chelee. I wonder if we are the only 2 awake. I really appreciate your support. How are things going for you? I am forcing myself to go to bed now. 2 hours on the computer feel like 2 minutes.

Chelee
11-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Vanessa, I think we are the only two still awake. LOL But at least now with YOUR good news I can go to bed happy. I like uplifting news...I will certainly sleep better. I can end the evening on a good note thanks to your encouraging post. I really am just thrilled for you. I know exactly what you mean about 2 hrs on the computer seems like 2 minutes. Sometimes I turn around and look at the clock and have a heart attack, because the computer can certainly eat up alot of time if your not careful. Its a good excuse for not getting things done around the house. Ha! If you see this before you sign off...have sweet dreams. :)

Chelee

dhealey
11-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Wonderful news Vanessa. You have a good onc that is on top of things. That plays an important part of treatment. Pray your pet scan comes back clean also!

Sheila
11-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Vanessa
What wonderful news...I pray that the MRI and PET will be clear too....you are so encouraging to the rest of us. Sending prayers and thoughts your way.

tousled1
11-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Vanessa,

Congratulations on a clear scan -- great news!! I'm hoping that your brain MRI comes back clear as well.

Mary Jo
11-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Absolutely awesome news Vanessa. http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Mary Jo

mts
11-07-2007, 06:30 AM
We can tell by the posts who the early risers are...
Congratulations Vanessa... you have been through a lot lately and you deserve this good news. I am very happy for you !

Maria

mslinda
11-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Wonderful news Vanessa. So good to hear that your scans are clear.

Lots of Hugs coming your way!

Linda

kareneg
11-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Vanessa!

What awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the prayers are working and I will continue to pray for you my friend!

Jean
11-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Vanessa,
What great news thanks for the update...will continue to keep you in my prayers...and hang in - treatments are working...Yipee!

Hugs,
Jean

michka
11-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Vanessa, this is terrific news! I am so happy to see that fighting women like you are winning. Please give us more news after your PetScan. I am sure it will be OK.
Michka

Faith in Him
11-07-2007, 02:48 PM
That is FANTASTIC news. I am so happy for you.

chrisy
11-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey Vanessa,
Way to go! Sorry I wasn't there for you and Chelee at 1 am. Yes, I was sleeping. what a slacker.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a good MRI, as well.

caya
11-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow Vanessa - this is fantastic news. I have good vibes that your brain MRI and PETscan are also clear.

all the best
caya

Vanessa
11-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Thank everyone soi much for all of your support, even the slackers that are not up at 1:00 am in the morning. I don't think I will do that again tonight. I am pretty beat. Thank again, I really could not do this without your support.

weezie1053
11-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Congratulations!!!! Miracles do happen....

Chelee
11-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Vanessa, Seems Chrisy wasn't the only slacker...seems to be far to many of them on here. lol I mean...what was so important that they couldn't all be up and online like we were? You would think *sleeping* was important or something. At least we know Chrisy feels bad about it, and I'm sure next time she will be up for us. LOL :) (We accept your apologie Chrisy...no problem this time...you didn't know...just don't let it happen again. ;)

Chelee

sassy
11-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Great news Vanessa!

lexigirl
11-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Such terrific news!! Keep it up!!

Hugs,
Lexi

karen raines hunt
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Oh, Vanessa, what great news!

Karen

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-08-2007, 02:10 PM
GOOD JOB, VANESSA! Well done. Keep up the great work. So proud of you. So very happy for your good news. Will continue praying for more good results to keep coming your way. Will be looking for your posts...

Andi

Believe51
11-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Continued success my Dear Warrior Friend!! You have been close to heart lately and I am just gathering some time to let you know how you inspire me. I love you Sweetheart and will be praying for meeting you at NED. You too will owe us a dance. Keep up the great fight my friend, you are an inspiration for us all!!>>Believe51

Karen W
11-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Vanessa,

Great news!!

Karen

Patb
11-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Vanessa
Good news and congratulations. It was fun to look at the times, the ones
up all night, the early risers, the noonday ladies, and the night owls.
patb