PDA

View Full Version : New hair growth post chemo

harrie
11-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on shampoo, condtioners or other treatment for new hair growth? I heard that Nioxin is a good one to use.
Maryanne

Bev
11-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Hi M,

I used Nioxin during chemo, etc. to counteract the itch and twangs of being bald.

When it became evident that my new hair was going to be wild, I bought anti-frizz shampoo's and conditioners. I bought a straightening iron and employed waxes and glossers, ad nauseum.

1.5 years out of baldness, I'm using regular products, not my previous extra body products. Put leave in conditioner on the wild ends.

So I think it might be worthwhile to see a hairdresser to get some ideas.

I have always had very fine hair, so the chemo curls were an improvement. I just didn't know how to deal with them. I think my hair will be back to normal in a year, judging how straight new growth is coming in.

Have fun, BB

harrie
11-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Hi Bev!
I have a friend who is a hairdresser. After her "new" hair came out, but still relatively short, she decided to chemically straighten it. She use to chemically straightened her "old" hair before chemo. Well, that was a bad idea because her new hair ended up brittle and breaking off.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Maryanne