PDA

View Full Version : update on madubois63

madubois63
11-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Just thought I'd let you all know that I am playing the waiting game right now. I saw the thoracic surgeon on Monday. He said, "If it sounds like hoofs...think horses." So without a biopsy, he's diagnosed me as having metastatic bc again. He said it's not lung cancer because I'm too young(Tell Dana Reeves that), and it's not granulomas even though my immune system is so compromised and this could be a possibility. My onc wants a biopsy to be sure - duh. I have a CAT scan scheduled for tomorrow because the 10 pounds of films I brought to his office weren't enough - ugh. I also have a brain MRI in the morning, but that was already scheduled. The one good thing I did learn at the thoracic's office is that "if" he does a biopsy, it will be the easy one (image guided needle biopsy). No hospital stay - yeah! Now, this is the same guy that told me (while I was still under anesthesia) that the cancer was everywhere. He told my mom it was everywhere. He never wrote any notes in my file and he left the hospital. The nurse and I had no clue as to why my mom was crying...He needed to be hit upside the head with the stupid stick for sure!!! This doc is so gloom and doom, but he really is a good surgeon. So, I see him again on Monday. We should have the CAT scan results by then...Love to you all and thanks for all the prayers.

lilyecuadorian
11-06-2007, 09:34 AM
thanks for the updated .....that doc is bad but in this case maybe it will worth it to used him ...but however I know is going to be OK ...all of us are thinking and prayers for you ..until everything is clear again ..

lexigirl
11-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Maryann,

Thinking nothing but good thoughts. I just can't believe anything else! My prayers are with you for comfort and calmness as you wait on these tests and the results. You are such an amazing young woman who has beaten the odds. I know that you will continue to do so!

HUgs and Prayers,
Lexi

Carolyns
11-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Oh Maryann,

Thank you for the update. I am sorry that you are going through this. It sucks. As far as the surgeon goes...he doesn't know everything, obviously. I can't stand to be around people / doctors like that but understand that you need him for his surgical skill and not his upbeat optimism. I stick with the oncologist and wait and see (easier said that done). I hope that you get the easy biopsy and it turns out to be nothing... I am praying for that unless it is proven otherwise.

Love, Hope and Peace,

Carolyn

Sheila
11-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Maryann
The Surgeon sounds like he is talented, but a jerk...so OK, a talented jerk Dr., but here is hoping that you can prove him wrong....I am so happy for once you will be taking the easy route...not that anything is easy with this disease....you are in my prayers Maryann.....sending a hug to you....

RhondaH
11-06-2007, 10:06 AM
prayers coming your way.

Rhonda

Margerie
11-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Oh Maryann,

Tell Dr. Jerk to do the biopsy and to just keep his mouth shut! I am hoping they are granulomas or something else benign.

PinkGirl
11-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi Madame Dubois

I wish for you nothing but good stuff. I will send you
good vibes for the biopsy and for your continuing strength,
courage and fortitude. Don't forget to bring the "stupid
stick" to the biopsy. You can give him a whack once
he's finished with you. Good luck to you...............

Marlys
11-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Maryanne,
As a retired operating room nurse I am here to tell you that not all surgeons are jerks but a great many are!!! However, most of the worst jerks are frequently the best surgeons. I go with skill not personality although when the two go together it is great. I am praying for you, as I am sure many are, and God will take care of you.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Lani
11-06-2007, 10:51 AM
have you ever been to California?--Valley fever(coccidioidomycosis) can be misinterpreted as lung cancer or lung mets as I understand it. (granulomatous disease doesn't have to be TB). Not that that would be fun, but better than mets, lung CA

Good luck!

Mary Jo
11-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi Maryann,

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking of and praying for you since your first post. I'm really sorry you are going through this. As another person said "it sucks!!!" It does!!! I do like to be positive and normally am but "it sucks" seems appropriate.

I am praying for things to turn out well for you and do believe that with God all things are truly possible.

Love to you dear sister,

Mary Jo

Ceesun
11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi Madubois, Don't worry about the lung biopsy part-- had one about 18 months ago. It is not a painful procedure at all. Hoping for positive results. Ceesun

DonnaD
11-06-2007, 01:33 PM
MaryAnn,
I, like many will be praying for you. I am so sorry you have to wait again. This disease knows no boundries. Just not fair that you have to endure more trials. But your positive atttitude will get you through this. Focus in on your surgeons gifts and not his faults!

Good luck and keep us informed.
Donna

Ruth
11-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Maryann....what can we say? You are such an inspiration and blessing to everyone that reads your life travels. I pray for the best for you. You seem to carry so much more burden than is fair and just and yet you keep that wonderful disposition and hope alive for so many others. You are a true gift to this website as so many people gather strength from you. Good luck with your biopsy...you are in my thoughts.
Peace ~ Ruth

hutchibk
11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the update Maryann... surgeons (as talented as they are) sure can be arses sometimes, huh? I have a cousin who is one of each... LOL. In response to his "the cancer is everywhere" remark - your answer can be "...yeah, well A*holes are apparently everywhere, too..." or you can simply ask "... do you plan to be an A*hole the rest of your life, or is this something special you do just for me?" LOL

I have a "just to be extra sure" brain MRI tomorrow, too. See ya there!

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh, Maryann, Since I read your post I have thought everything every one has post. Just wanted you to know you are in my prayers and that includes peace and calm during the waiting and the best results possible from the biopsy...

Ct guided liver biopsy was easy, but could have been trauma I was told. They try 2 times, then you have to go for hosp procedure. He was in in one. That's what I wish for you. Whatever it is, ca can't mess w/YOU, not our Maryann. No way! Stay strong, sweet Sister! Just another bumpy plane ride, which you've *weathered* and survived!!! With love,
Andi

Faith in Him
11-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Were pulling for you. I just know that you'll come out on top of this one too. Your a miracle.

Hugs.

jones7676
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the update! I had a lung biopsy and it was not painful, just feel some pressure. I'm hoping for the best for you, and a clear MRI. Enough is enough. I will be thinking of you tomorrow - positive thinking.

Vanessa
11-07-2007, 12:20 AM
I did not read your post until today. I hope everything went well and I am keeping you in my prayers. You are such a champ!

IRENE FROM TAMPA
11-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Oh MaryAnne - what can I add but that I am also praying for you my friend.... even if Doc McJerky has to be so insensitive, try to stay positive. I have run across a few of those myself.

With all that you have been through already, I am just so sorry that you have to go through this worrying again.

Stay strong as you are and let us know how your results turn out.

Good luck dear

tousled1
11-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Mary Anne,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having problems. As for the doctor -- yes he sounds like a complete jerk - but as long as he's a great surgeon I'm sure you can deal with his insensitivty. I'm praying that the biopsy shows nothing.

mts
11-07-2007, 06:19 AM
My surgeon sounds like your surgeon's twin. If yours is as "bad" as mine, then you are in wonderful hands ! (or sall I say clutches).

When you are done with your procedures, we will all be here waiting for you.

Hugs,

maria

sarah
11-07-2007, 07:11 AM
Hello Maryann,
So you're surgeon's a talented jerk! The important thing is that he's a good surgeon - you're a trouper and knowledgeable and probably know more about your disease than he does. Think Picasso - wonderful artist, horrible human being!
Hope the biopsy shows no cancer. This is probably one of the simpler things that you've been through. You're a wonderful, courageous, inspiring person and you have a great book inside of you.
all the best,
love and hugs
sarah

nitewind
11-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Maryann, thanks for the update, you've been on my mind constantly. I'm praying for the very best results for you. With everyone here storming heaven with prayers for you, you will do fine. Love you
Hugs

sherri
11-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Dear Maryann,

How did it go? You are a true survivor and I'm sure whatever it is, you will deal with it in no time. You are always in my thoughts.

Big hug.

dhealey
11-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Maryann, Sending many prayers your way. Surgeons are the worst docs. I know, I am a nurse and have never met one that wasn't. Hang in there, you have come so far.

Lani
11-11-2007, 09:58 AM
was thinking of you when I read this one -just to show you progress is being made even in this, an area where there is truly little understanding:

Orphan Drug ATIR for Graft-Versus-Host Disease

On October 23, the FDA granted orphan drug designation to ATIR (Kiadis Pharma BV) for the treatment of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), a common complication of allogeneic bone marrow or cord blood transplantation.

Bone marrow transplantation is a treatment option for patients with life-threatening diseases such as blood-related cancers, plasma cell disorders, and certain inherited immune system disorders. In allogeneic transplantation, the blood-forming cells received by the patient are donated by a family member, unrelated donor, or cord blood unit. GvHD occurs when the immune cells from the donated blood-forming cells (graft) attack the body of the patient (host).

GvHD may be mild or life threatening, depending on the severity of reaction and the part of the body affected. Patients are usually treated for 6 months posttransplant to prevent GVHD from occurring.

ATIR works by selectively eliminating the immune cells that otherwise attack the patient's body, while sparing the immune cells that can fight infections. According to the manufacturer, the drug could potentially make the safe use of mismatched bone marrow donors possible as well as improve the outcome of matched bone marrow transplants.

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Madam Dubois. Just to let you know I am thinking of you and praying for good news from you. I support you with loving, healing energy at all times... Know you'll post when you have news to tell us. Keep checking the board for word. Stay strong!

anne2
11-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I am praying for good results. You need to catch a break Maryann after this year.
Best of luck,
Anne

Vanessa
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Still praying for good results for you.

AlaskaAngel
11-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Maryann,

Being so much of a pioneer over and over where there are no hard and fast rules to go by has to be very stressful. You write so clearly. I'm thankful you are putting some guide posts here for anyone else who might have to walk in your shoes as time goes by. I hope you post again soon.

AlaskaAngel

micheleu
11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Maryann,
I love the new picture of you!!! YOu look so awesome.

Jean
11-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Maryann,
Will keep you in my prayers...You are one strong SISTER!

Hugs,
jean

Believe51
11-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Sounds like someone already hit him with the stupid stick!! LOL. I am sorry to hear this part of your journey but offer my continued prayers for you, 'Great Warrior Madam Dubois'!!! I shall keep you in heart, of course you have always been there just going to keep you closer. Wishing you luck for the biopsy, please post as soon as you get the results. We will be here routing you on!!>>Believe51