PDA

View Full Version : Arimidex/high blood pressure/headaches

Barbara2
11-06-2007, 05:24 AM
My blood preassure has been high for about 2 1/2 months, maybe longer. Last week we bumped up the amount of blood pressure meds (Toprol XL) I was taking, but it hasn't helped at all, although I've read that 2 weeks should be given to allow the meds to take effect, but I'm getting impatient and worried.

Last week I had a brain MRI for the headaches and it was negative. High blood pressure is not listed as a side effect from Arimidex, but just recently I read on this board, a list of side effects from Arimidex that this person had found; side effects that aren't listed with the medication; but some other "reported" side effects which included high blood pressure.

I'm off to see the doc this morning. I don't have an appt, but I'm getting worried that one of the meds I'm taking (Arimidex, Lipitor, Actonel, Toporol XL) could be bringing up the blood pressure.

Has anyone had blood pressure/headache issues from Arimidex, or another AI?

Sheila
11-06-2007, 06:54 AM
Barbara
I have not gotten it from an AI, but from Avastin...mine is creeping up again so I will probably need to up my dose...I am on Lisinopril....Topral can give you headaches as it is a Beta Blocker, especially if the dose has been raised. Hope you get some relief.

Patb
11-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Barbara
My blood pressure has gone up on Arimidex or herseptin. We don't know.
I will be off herceptin soon and maybe my Dr. can figure it out. I want
to take arimidex but I may try aromosin if the high blood pressure persists.
I do not have headaches but my neck and back of head was hurting and I had an MRI and they found arthritis. Keep checking your blood pressure.
Patb

Barbara2
11-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your replies. I want to stay on Arimidex, too, so hopefully the blood pressure can be brought down enough for that to happen.

My head also hurt in the back, but usually on just one side. My neck is quite stiff and sore, and the muscles across the top of the back get really sore. For a while I wondered if my fibromyalgia, which after the arrival of cancer was put on the back burner, was wanting more attention. The sticky pads that can be applied to muscles usually help quite a bit.

Last night my blood pressure was 160/100 which made me a bit nervous, expecially knowing that it has been going on for a maybe quite awhile without me realizing. I'm seeing a PA cardiologist tomorrow, so we'll see what she says.

dinadilo1
11-12-2007, 03:21 PM
friends, I am only 18 years old and have an average blood pressure of 140/90. It is odd because I consider myself pretty healthy and am involved in sports at school. I started eat healthier meals and exercising more often. I would like to know what are some causes raising the blood pressure and what the best way is to lowering it. Also, recently my chest area has been hurting when I breathe. Is there any help?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

suzan w
11-13-2007, 12:00 PM
my blood pressure is OK but within the past 6 months I have been diagnosed with vertigo...had a CAT scan of head and it was normal. The vertigo is very unpleasant however...wonder if it is related to the trouble you are having with your blood pressure??