PDA

View Full Version : COX-2 is the functional intermediate linking HER-2/neu and aromatase

R.B.
11-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Please excuse me posting this in three places but it is highly significant.

PGE2 is made from omega six, and production is moderated by omega three intake.

So this is part of the explanation as to why women with higher levels on long chain omega threes in their breast fat had a 70% less chance of excised lumps being invasive.

Please see the Greek diet thread for more background.

RB

HER-2/neu status is a determinant of mammary aromatase activity in vivo: evidence for a cyclooxygenase-2-dependent mechanism.
Subbaramaiah K, Howe LR, Port ER, Brogi E, Fishman J, Liu CH, Hla T, Hudis C, Dannenberg AJ.

Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...ubmed_RVDocSum

"Previously, we found that overexpression of HER-2/neu was associated with increased levels of COX-2 in human breast cancers. Here, we show that overexpression of HER-2/neu is also associated with increased aromatase activity. These results suggested the possibility that COX-2 was the functional intermediate linking HER-2/neu and aromatase......Collectively, our data indicate that COX-2 is the functional intermediate linking HER-2/neu and aromatase and suggest that inhibitors of PGE(2) synthesis will suppress estrogen biosynthesis in breast tissue."

RobinP
11-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Let's remember too that Tumeric is a cox2 inhibitor that can block cox2.

mimiflower07
11-06-2007, 06:20 AM
ruth how much tumeric is recommended...i started at 500mg but would increase.
thanks , Suzanne

RhondaH
11-06-2007, 10:18 AM
I just sprinkle some on my salad every day.

Rhonda