PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Slamon

eric
11-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Anyone know his new email address in Miami?

Eric

Jean
11-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Eric,
Dr. Slamon did not to Miami...as far as I know. It was Dr. Pegram..see link.

http://cancernetwork.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=202403549&cid=CN-ONI-TOC-102207

Kind Regards,
Jean

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-03-2007, 01:53 PM
DR. DENNIS SLAMON, M.D. PhD., Chief of the Division of Hematology/Oncology, regarded as a leading expert in the field of bc. His work in this disease over the past two decades led to the identification of HER-3 position bc as a distinct subtype of aggressive disease and ultimately to the development of the new drug Herceptin. An internet link to access a profile on Dr. Slamon -- at UCLA HEALTHCARE/HEMATOLOY-ONCOLOGY:

htt://www.healthcare.ucla.edu/insitution/physician?personnel id =8232

PATIENT SERVICES AT UCLA -- 1 - 888 - 662 - 8252.

DR. MARK PEGRAM, M.D. can be contacted at the University of Miami, Sylvester Compreshensive Cancer Center -- 305) 243 - 4909.

In a letter I received this past June from Dr. Pegram (as a previous patient) -- he also recommends colleagues remaining at UCLA: Dr. Sara Hurvitz (a leader in the UCLA BC Program), Dr. Saeed Sadeghi (actively involved in clinical trials in bc), Dr. John Glaspy (internationally recognized expert in bc).

vickie h
11-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Dr. Slamon is located on Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, Ca. He is about 2 blocks from my Onc, Linnea Chap (who works closely with him). He is a great Onc! He should have a website, but I know he is in Santa Monica because I made an appt to go see him 6 months ago but canceled it when I realized that he and my Onc practice the same, are friends and collegues. Good Luck, Love, /Vickie

eric
11-06-2007, 06:23 AM
Thank you each.

harrie
11-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Yes, I received a letter from Dr. Pegram's office that he was leaving. This was several months ago.
maryanne

Esther
11-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Is There still a way to get an appt with Dr. Slamon as a new patient? Does he have a location we can contact? The main UCLA office in Santa Monica is saying he is not accepting new patients.