PDA

View Full Version : KarenG

Vanessa
11-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi Karen,

I see that you post a lot of responses, but i am curious about how your treatment is going?

kareneg
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for asking, my last Cat scan showed a signifigant improvement in the liver and the tumor on my Pancreas is stable so that was good news. I did have a severe reaction to the Carboplatin so I am only having Taxotere and Herceptin right now. I will see my onc on Nov 21st to discuss this. He may put me in the hospital to get the Carbo. To heavily pre medicate me because the treatment was working so well. Although I know I will never be NED I plan on fighting this with all I have. It will be three years in January that I have been on constint Chemo but I will never give up. How are you doing? I pray all is well and look forward to hearing from you. Thanks so much for your concern I love you!

Vanessa
11-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the update. I kept looking at the bottom of your signature line and was wondering how your tx was going. I am glad to know you are having a good response. You may have already read this, but I also had a serve reaction to carboplatin, so my onc won't use it for my anymore. So I am glad that your doctor is willing to use it in a more controlled environemnt. Did your throat start closing up when had your reaction? Otherwise, I just want to wish you well and send your blessings. Also, keeping you in my prayers.

tousled1
11-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Karen,

I'm on Taxol and Carboplatin and experiencing problems with the Carbo. My oncologist reduced my Carbo dosage to 150mg and it really seems to be making a difference. You may want to explore that option with your oncologist.

kareneg
11-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks Kate I will bring this up on my next visit I hope I can stay on this some how.

And Vanessa my throat didn't close up but I was wheezing very bad and turned beet red and had hives all over the place not pretty lol.h