PDA

View Full Version : If You Receive Social Security Disability & Work Part-time

LOPSIDED
10-31-2007, 04:38 PM
from What I Understand, If You Receive Social Security Disability---you Can Still Work A Part-time Job And Receive Full Benefits As Long As It Is Under 900.00. My Question Is, Do You Have To Contact Social Security Disability Each Month With Your Hours You Have Worked Or Can They Track It With Your Social Security Number? Do You Have To Inform Your Employer That You Are On Disability? I Have Went On A Few Interviews And Once I Mention That I Have Went Thru Breast Cancer & That I Am On Disability------my Interviews Are Going No Where, I Never Hear From Anyone. I Have 10 Years Of Banking Experience But I Am Being Treated Like I Am Damaged Goods. I Have Been Rejected So Much This Past Month, I Feel I Should Wear A Crown-----yes, Just Call Me Queen Of Rejection.

CLTann
10-31-2007, 05:13 PM
You are not obligated to disclose your personal health history. It is quite understandable that an employer does not want to go through the hassle of dealing with a sick person. They want to get clean help to get their work done. However, you have the civil right of expecting the potential employer does not discriminate a prospective employee for reason of breast cancer. In your next interview, say nothing about your illness.

ann

hutchibk
10-31-2007, 06:15 PM
They will track your earnings, so don't make more than $900 a month. You do not have to tell about your health history, just apply for part-time jobs.