PDA

View Full Version : It's Been A Wild Ride!

kacey
10-30-2007, 02:36 PM
After I got the all clear on the cancer I thought had returned....I died! Because of a medication I was taking (rare side effect) my heart stopped. I fell out the back screen door and down the steps, hitting whatever on the way. I broke my neck, back, collar bone( after separating it from my shoulder) and my ribs from CPR. My grandaughters were going to eat dinner with their family ( all decided not to go). So they raced each other home on their bikes and found me. They started screaming and my neigbor across the street who was just about to start his lawn mower came running. He was able to get my legs over my head and lay me out (he's 6ft 4 and I'm not a small woman) He gave me two rescue breaths as my daughter and son-in-law arrived and they started CPR. By God's miracles and grace I'm here- moving all my limbs- and my brain (with a few memories knocked out) is working. Thank goodness I remember nothing from a few hours before to the next day. After wearing a neck brace for 4 months all has healed and I may get this soft collar off next week. I pray that all of you have had success in your journey and are feeling better. I see I have a lot to read to get caught up. God Bless

Kacey

dhealey
10-30-2007, 03:00 PM
I am glad you are recovering nicely. Sound like you have angels watching over you. You can send some my way.

lilyecuadorian
10-30-2007, 03:13 PM
I sending right now 2 of my angels to watching you close for healing purpose only

JEANB
10-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Jheez..that IS a wild ride..I'm so glad you are better...it's just amazing.

tousled1
10-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Kacey,

You are one lucky woman! God is watching over you. I'm glad to hear you are recovering so well.

Mary Jo
10-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow Kacey.....what a post. I had to read it 3 times to take it all in. I am very thankful you are doing well. Obviously, God isn't finished with you yet.http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

May God's loving arms continue to hold you close.

Mary Jo

sassy
10-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Glad you are recovering! Just sorry you had to go through so much.
My best to you.

Jean
10-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Kacey,
Welcome back - Wow, what an event! You are so lucky on so many levels. Great grand daughters, who responded fast, a wonderful neighbor,
who knew what to do, and your children. Angels sure are watching over you. Glad you are recovering and back on the site.

Kind Regards,
Jean

hutchibk
10-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Wow, that is a wild ride... OMGosh. Congrats on getting through it all! What medicine caused this to happen?

chrisy
10-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Kacey,
What the HECK!!! You must be one tough lady - and very protected. Not an accident, I think, that your granddaughters raced back...to find you

Take care
Chris

kacey
10-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Brenda
It was a heart med called betapace. Ironic isn't it?

kacey

nitewind
10-31-2007, 10:38 AM
OMG Kasey, you don't do things in a small way, do you? That fall would have probably killed most people! You have a great will to live, I'm thanking God that you are still here with us.
Big Gentle Hugs

mts
10-31-2007, 11:07 AM
This part really had me intrigued:

"... He was able to get my legs over my head and lay me out (he's 6 ft4..."

Although your fall was no fun experience, you seem to be handling the "event" quite well. I am glad you are doing and feeling better. In the meantime, I hope you give that neighbor of yours a big thank you on behalf of all of us.

maria

kacey
10-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Maria
I was laying on my stomach with my head stuck under me on the ground and my legs up the stairs. He's my hero. On the side--when I came to (don't remember it) I told them I was glad I didn't break my hip! What was I thinking?

mts
10-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Kacey..

I really can't imagine what it was like. But yes, you were very lucky he was around.
What meds were you taking that made your heart stop ?
maria

Kimberly Lewis
10-31-2007, 02:05 PM
wow - I vote this the most amazing story I have read recently! So glad you are still with us and recovering nicely~ man, what we can survive huh?