PDA

View Full Version : InScanity over for now - headache just a headache

Carolyns
10-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Hi Ladies,

Update...Okay, this round of scans is over, big sigh! Pet CT (a month ago) called for further investigation and then the headaches started. So, wait for scans to be approved and then scheduled gets me to 1 full month of InScanity. So, CT chest, abdomen, and pelvis with bone scan confirms, tiny - possible increase in the activity of bone mets. Liver continues to be much better than when I started this journey - thank God. Brain MRI with contrast is fine and the headaches went away right after I got the scan. I swear I was not faking them.

So, I want to go outside and howl at the moon. Instead, if I have the energy I am going to a fundraiser for the cancer center tonight.

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyn

tousled1
10-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Carolyn,

Glad all the tests came back good except for the possibility of activity in the bone mets.

chrisy
10-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Carolyn, what a month - I know you're glad to be through all that scanxiety. Amazing how those headaches work - I've had the same thing happen to me!

Enjoy your howling

Vanessa
11-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Glad most of your scans went well. Sorry about the the tiny possible increase in bone mets. I am praying they are nothing.

Carolyns
11-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Hi Kate, Chrisy and Vanessa,

Thanks for your responses. I feel very blessed to have gotten results in from so many tests with almost all good news...or stable news anyway.

It takes me some time to get over the anxiety of InScanity...so one week later I am kind of crashing. In the next few weeks I hope to regain my stamina and catch my stride again. This is such a rocky road, sometimes I still can't believe that this is my life...then immediately I remember that I am very fortunate to be at this place at this time.

I pray and pray that they will find a cure soon.

Thanks for your support. It makes this journey less lonely.

Love, Hope, and Peace, Carolyns