PDA

View Full Version : Tiptoe Headed To Becky's...!

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-27-2007, 01:42 PM
TIPTOE HAS LEFT WEST WARWICK! Marie's computer is out. I spoke w/her. She and Ed have brushed their knees off and are forging ahead w/their new plan -- and all the advice our Sisters have given them.

They reluctantly let TT go, shipping her on Friday, w/a tracking # and a GUARDIAN ANGEL, Marie has sent along w/her. (Wish I had thought of that one!) BECKY -- LET US KNOW WHEN SHE ARRIVES. Get your camera ready! Tipsy is a delightful guest and we are all anxiously waiting for Marie to post pictures and for Becky to update us.

Marie's Mom's little blanket is in the package too! The woman has had several biopsies this past week but has made it a priority to finish Tip's bc blanket. Now that's a Warrior Woman for you! Prayers for her and for Ed are streaming from Boca to R.I. as I type!

WITH LOVE AND WISHES FOR TIPTOE'S SAFE JOURNEY,
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

hutchibk
10-28-2007, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the update ABB! Where you been? You sure have been quite for a week or so!

Becky
10-28-2007, 08:40 AM
I'll let you know when Tip arrives. She should probably be here tomorrow.

PinkGirl
10-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Hi Becky
I'm so excited for you...........I forgot to mention to anyone that Tip likes
to watch Survivor on Thursday evening - it is in China this season and Tip
likes to see the scenery from home.

Also, could you tell her that her Spiritual Leader is in Ottawa, Canada today, tomorrow and the next day. Maybe you could find some Canadian news on TV for her to catch a glimpse of him. Thanks.

Have fun with her......

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi y'all. Yes, I've been quiet. Thanks for noticing. Computer down all day yesterday. Used Paul's to post re TIPTOE as that was an urgent matter :)!

I am weaning off Effexor 75 mg as it was totally clouding my thinking. I finally discovered that it was not my low red bld cell count but the Effexor that was making me unable to concentrate. Could not focus. Meanwhile onc ordered brain MRI and you may be surprised to learn -- I AM NOMAL. News to me too...

Am down to 37.5 mg E and find that at half strength it IS helping hot flashes, cause after a wk when I switched to ev other day -- WOW! That's *with* Black Cohosh 80 mg twice a day! Guess I am a major flasher. Need all the help I can get. Will settle for 1/2 a foggy brain if I can have virtually no hot flashes and stop the suffering. 23 yrs of it and I AM DONE! Am looking in to plan B -- progresterone cream. Posted somewhere re that, for those interested. Use SEARCH or go to my posts... Like I say, I am very confused.

Am trying to help my (real/blood) Sister through a terrible ordeal w/her 30 something daughter. Wrenching situation. Also, at the same time, a good friend is having a true paranoid meltdown so I am trying to be there for her, which involves at least 4 long calls a day, sobbing and worse. Every one is in therapy and on meds, being watched, but needs back up support. So I have been very preoccupied TO DISTRACTION. Can a person be too compassionate????? I had one night of nightmares all night. But I talked it out w/Paul and feel some relief there so I can go on.

I miss Tipsy but I know she will brighten your day Becky. She is quite the charmer. I did mention the Dalai Lama received a gold medal at the White House last wk somewhere on this board. Forgot to mention about Survivor China. Good you remembered Pinkie! We watched and giggled over it when she was here. I know Marie got some great shots she described and is sending a little photo journal to Becky next wk, not wanting to overload her package/luggage. I KNOW teeny TT left lots of healing energy for Marie and Ed (and her Mom) to soak in! She is a blessing!

Becky
10-29-2007, 04:49 PM
has arrived at my home. I just opened her up and she has a nice bed and new blankey.

I will take pictures soon. I am getting my act together so that Tip has a nice Halloween costume. I just wanted everyone to know that she is safe and sound!

Becky
11-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I took Tip trick or treating last night. She was dressed as Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dam. She was alittle scared but she made it through. I am going to send Pink some pix. I just can't resize the darn things. I took her to some houses that were really decorated. We are going to take her on the Delaware this weekend. I will send her off with her costume for posterity sake. I will get in touch with Faux because she gets her next.

Mary Anne in TX
11-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I was just thinking how very empowered Tip is becoming while hanging out with all these super warriors!

PinkGirl
11-01-2007, 06:25 PM

hutchibk
11-01-2007, 09:59 PM
wow - she is a brave girl! BOO TipToe!

Sheila
11-02-2007, 05:30 AM
She needs to be brave to hang out with all of us in San Antonio Brenda!

Becky
11-02-2007, 06:54 PM
I sent more pix to Pink. I think her personal email carrier must compress big files and she is able to post the pix whereas I am not. I sent them compressed but they were still too big to post here.

The pictures, when you see them, will be obvious. Pink overlooking the Verrazzano Bridge (connects Long Island to Staten Island). Pink looking at lower Manhattan from Jersey City, NJ. Pink staring in awe at the Statue of Liberty. Pink at Round Valley Reservior in Clinton NJ (to show that NJ is really a nice State). There are a couple done here including our sledding hill (so you will know what I mean when winter comes and I tell you I've gone sledding). Hurricane Noel passes by tomorrow. Maybe if I can, I will get one of her and me in the wind. We were going to take her to the Jersey shore tomorrow but the weather is going to be just awful. She can keep me company while I get some things done around the house.

Hope Pink can continue to post these pics so everyone can see. They go in the book but not everyone will necessarily get the book.

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Oh, Becky. You are a sweetheart! Keeping us in touch with Tiptoe. And Pinkie is doing a yeoman's job posting for the COMPRESSED CHALLENGED.

Not to embarrass you Becky, as your mind is a marvel, bending around concepts that most of us cannot begin to fathom and explaining to us in what suddenly seems obvious ways. But Pink is the one who posts. She lives in Canada. And Tip is the little guest you have. Tehehe. Guess the day is long and the night is fogging your usual brilliant train of thought, sweet Becky. Thanks for keeping us in touch with our little Tipsy and her adventures. We all anxiously await...

BTW, nights will be getting longer. TOMORROW STARTS DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME, EVERY ONE. *FALL* BACK... In case you didn't notice the NEW time change. My computer mouse has thought it began about 2 wks ago. I didn't bother to fill it in on the new rules. 1st SUNDAY (2AM) in November. Till 2nd SUNDAY (2AM) in April. I think. I googled. I'm becoming my children. The computer is all wise and knowing.

Andi

PinkGirl
11-03-2007, 05:56 PM
There is a max. of 5 pictures, so I'll post the last one separately.
Tip looking at the Statue of Liberty is a hoot.

The sledding hill

The Verazzano Bridge

The Statue of Liberty
Lower Manhattan
The Round Valley Reservior

PinkGirl
11-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Tip in the wind......

See her Pink hair flying in the wind. Nice view of New Jersey - Lots of memories for Tiptoe from Becky

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-04-2007, 11:49 AM
So funny! In the first pic I looked at, above, I thought I was looking at a RABBIT! The long ears was the stalk of something, growing behind. Tip looks so much bigger than I remember! Great pics. Good camera, Becky! What did you use? Just curious...

Pinkie's personal email carrier is incapable of compressing as well. The Pink One has invented a system of printing, cutting and scanning. Time-consuming, ink-eating but it gets the job done! APPLAUSE!! Thank you, Pinkie!

LOVE TO ALL,

hutchibk
11-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Me too Andi! I saw a rabbit and thought, "OK, so there's a rabbit, but where is the hamster?" hahahaha.

TipToe is living my fantasy of a trip around the world. Lucky girl.