PDA

View Full Version : Strange Question

Karen W
10-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Ok... here's one for you guys. I have (for about two weeks now) had this really strange vibration in my right thigh. Several times when it first started, I thought it was my phone starting to ring, because it vibrates first and then rings. I didn't think too much about it, but now it seems to be vibrating quite a bit ( I am so weird).

Anyway, I mentioned it to my onc at my 3 month visit and he doesn't think it's cancer related but wants me to see a neurologist if it continues. Of course, it has, so I have an appointment next week. I am feeling a bit worried but more curious as to what this could be.

If any of you have experienced this or heard of someone who has had this "crazy" vibration feeling, please let me know.

Thanks,

Karen

sassy
10-23-2007, 08:09 PM
It sounds like it may be muscle or nerve related. Could it be a side effect of one of your meds?

Hope you get an answer soon.

Debra
10-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Karen -

OMG! I have for almost a year now, have had these strange vibrations in both thighs as well as the groin area. It does not remain constant however. I just felt it was related to meds I have been on (arimidex, aromasin etc) so actually have ignored it. In fact it hasn't been as frequent since I switched meds but still do on occasion get them. They have been more infrequent then frequent lately and I too thought I was going crazy when it was happening quite often. I am anxious to hear what you find out!

Karen W
10-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Debra,

I will let you know what I find out after my appointment next Wednesday. I am also on Aromasin. Maybe that's the culprit

Karen

dchips1
10-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Feels like phone is vibrating and is not. Only on herceptin, no pain just feel vibrating.

Karen W
10-24-2007, 05:59 AM
dchips1

So you are still taking Herceptin and you get that feeling?

Karen

dchips1
10-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Have you lost weight? I have lost about 20 since the Spring, with some muscle wasting. Just winder if related? It is almost loke a tinnitis of the ear, something that happens for a couple of seconds then goes away.

mke
10-24-2007, 07:48 AM
There was an article in the paper recently about phantom phone vibrations. Google it and see if it is like what you are experiencing.

fauxgypsy
10-25-2007, 11:44 AM
I, too have had this sensation. It as in my groin area near my hip. I haven't even mentioned it to the doctor, they look at me strangely enough as it is sometimes. More than once I have reached for my phone only to find out that it is just me. It feels as if a nerve is vibrating. I started noticing it after I started TCH. Now that I am on herceptin and tamoxifin, it does not happen as often. I do have a lot of pain in my hips now. I am looking forward to hearing what the neurologist says.

Leslie

Leslie