PDA

View Full Version : Brain Mri Resulsts Ok

dhealey
10-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know I got my brain MRI results today. No mets!!!!! Area in question is a 2 cm benign cyst. What a relief. Now if they can just figure out why I have a lump in my neck. I have differences of opinion on it. Onc says it is nothing. Doctor I work for thinks it should be excised and sent for pathology. Anyway I am taking an antibiotic for ten days if it doesn't go away I will see a surgeon.

I want to thank all of you who responded to my first post about the brain MRI. You all made me feel so much better. Bless you all!!!!!

Patb
10-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Great news. I know you are relieved. Its always a good day to get
good results.
patb

Barbara H.
10-22-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm happy for you. I thought you might receive good news when you didn't hear yesterday.
Barbara H.

Jean
10-22-2007, 05:54 PM
So thrilled - please keep us posted....hope the meds do the trick

Blessings,
Jean

Becky
10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
I am so glad. It just didn't seem logical.

Hugs, Becky

Sheila
10-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Great news...many prayers for you were answered. You must be smiling from ear to ear!

tousled1
10-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Debbie, Glad to hear the good news!

Believe51
10-23-2007, 05:16 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted, you have been in my thoughts so much lately. That may sound like a line but I carry everyone's journey around in my heart each day. It enlightens me, it fills my soul, it empowers me to live life the best way I can. So thanks Pal (LOL) for loving us and sharing your journey. I could never make it without friends like you. And no matter what happens in life I shall be here forever for you.

You Go Girl!! This is spectacular news and that makes me smile from the inside out. I am so delighted for you.>>Believe51

StephN
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi Debbie -
So glad that it turned out to be a cyst. Although I would be curious to know more about how I got such a large cyst, as 2 cm is equivalent to 3/4".

Now you have done your homework and if you ever do come up with a brain met, you are educated and prepared to take action. This was how I felt when my brain mets showed up and I had so many examples of women here who had various treatments for that and good outcomes. Still scared, but the "knowledge is power" kicked in and took the edge off so I could function.

dhealey
10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Steph,
I am curious also as to how I have such a large cyst. Will ask onc at my appt. in Nov. Still have lump in neck and am on second round of antibiotics. If it doesn't go away will have to take action to find out what it is. Had a her2 serum level drawn today. My family doc ordered this. Don't know if onc has ever ordered one. Anyway thank you all for your support and prayers. Even though I don't know any of you personally I feel like we are all sisters.

sassy
10-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Great news Deb!