PDA

View Full Version : Cat Scan results

kareneg
10-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I got the results on my Cat Scan today. The 2 large tumors in my liver have shrunk a goohd deal. One was 5x7 x 4x2 it now is 3x2 x 2x7cm. And the other one was 3x2 x 4x3 and now is 1x7 x 2x2cm. And the tumor that is on the tail of my pancreas is stable at 3x9 x 2x8cm. I was a bit upset that the pancreatic tumor stayed the same but I guess it's a good thing that is didn't grow. I am extremly happy about the liver though. So next Monday I will be having Taxotere and Herceptin and they are going to so a skin test on me for the Carboplatin where the inject the Carbo underneath my skin to see iff I have an allergic reaction to it again. My doctor is having me take more decadron before treatment so hopefully that will help. Thank you all so much for the prayers they are working! I love you all!

Sheila
10-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Karen
Such a drastic reduction in the liver mets and stable on the pancreas one is exciting news....now lets hope the carbo will be kind to your body so you can take it.
Celebrate the good news as we all celebrate with you. More prayers for you are on their way!

lilyecuadorian
10-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh Dear KAren this is fantastico ..the news that I was waiting ...good good good ..we just need to wait to reduce the one on the tail of pancreas ....I think you will have a better sleep these nights ...sooo happy ...keep it up...until is clear ..w/love

Mary Jo
10-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Yahoo for you Karen. I'm happy things are getting smaller and that the pancreas tumor has remained stable.

I pray things will continue to move in that direction for you.

Love & hugs to you,

Mary Jo

madubois63
10-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Great news!!!! Maybe it'll just take a little longer for the pancreas tumor to shrink, but stable is good too!!!!

caya
10-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Karen -

Great news - shrinking and stable... that's what we like.

all the best
caya

Jean
10-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Karen,
Love you back....so happy for your good news.

Hugs,
Jean
Will keep praying.

chrisy
10-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Karen, I have been holding my breath (as I know you have) and am SO excited to hear you good news. Regression on the liver lesions is fantastic - and as my onc reminds me, stable is a response as well, so the stable pancreas one is also good news, even though I know you'd rather see regression of this one too. Maybe next time.
Take care
Chris

tousled1
10-23-2007, 04:44 AM
Karen,

That's great news that the liver mets are shrinking. Give it a little more time and I'm sure the pancreas will catch up. I'm on Carboplatin and just got my dosage reduced due to some problems I was having with it.

Believe51
10-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Tried to be patient as you too waited for results. So thrilled for this news but the waiting was particularly brutal. Thanks for sharing that wonderful news. I am going to eat a caramel apple to celebrate!! I love you so, Karen. Great fight!!>>Believe51