PDA

View Full Version : Wish Me Luck Please

Stephanie B.
10-22-2007, 09:55 AM
I am going in today to get the results of my PET Scan and Echo. Hopefully the PET shows the mets on the liver that have been shrinking are gone and I can finally get a break from taxol and herceptin. I have been on weekly Herceptin since November and bi-weekly Taxol since February and it is taking a toll on my body. Any way wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

Stephanie B.

DonnaD
10-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Stephanie,
Prayers are coming your way. Eager to hear your results.

Donna

Julie2
10-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Prayers and good wishes for the fantastic results.

Julie

lexigirl
10-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Prayers for you Stephanie.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

chrisy
10-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Stephanie,
Definitely sending prayers - 8+ months of Taxol should definitely have done it's job. Hope the scans bear this out and you get to enjoy a long chemo holiday.
much love
Chris

Jean
10-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Stephanie,
What beautiful Children! You are blessed....of course I will pray for
all good results.

Keep the Faith!
Kind Regards,
Jean

lilyecuadorian
10-22-2007, 11:31 AM
all my better and strong good vibra and prayers is are on your way ...I got some good felling for you ..keep us post it

John21
10-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Good Luck and many prayers. My wife is waiting for results also.

tousled1
10-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Stephanie,

Praying you get good results on your scan.

Mary Anne in TX
10-22-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm praying that the results are so spectacular that even your Onc leaps for joy! ma

KRISS
10-22-2007, 12:21 PM
WE will keep you in our prayers. I too feel good results coming your way.

Mary Jo
10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Not much of a believer in luck BUT will surely pray that all is well.

Can't wait to hear.

Mary Jo

Sheila
10-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Stephanie
Sending prayers and positive thoughts that you will get good news and a chemo break...I know how you feel about Taxol, and I have only been on it since June!

Becky
10-22-2007, 04:13 PM
All my fingers and toes are crossed!!!!

Believe51
10-23-2007, 05:32 AM
I send my deepest positive thoughts to you Sweetie. Tomorrow Ed will get the results from his Petscan and X-rays and the waiting is torture. Thankfully Tiptoe is helping that wait. Please keep us posted with those results. In the mean time I will have you close to heart. Prayers and Love>>Believe51

MichelleH
10-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Steph, My thoughts and prayers are coming your way! Tumors be gone!!!

P.S. Adorable kids!

Stephanie B.
10-23-2007, 11:19 AM
I got my results and they were not what I was hoping for. I had new lesions in the liver and something also lit up in the back area. My onc thinks the area in the back could be my bulging discs, but is ordering a bone scan just to be safe. He is taking me off of Herceptin/Taxol and will be starting me on Tykerb/Xeloda. I guess on the bright side I don't have to be a human pin cushion every week any more!

Does anyone on this combo have any advice on what to "look forward" to? My onc said my hair should come back now because these drugs don't affect the hair. He said the constipation should go away and if any thing I may get the opposite affect. I just hope the hip and sciatic pain go away.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support.

Stephanie B.

StephN
10-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Was in there with the others here wishing all best results for you, so feel your disappointment. At least you have another plan and this combo has shown good results in several women who post here.

Just go to the "Tykerb/Xeloda" forum in this site under HER2 Support Group Forums. You will find all the answers to your questions from those trailblazing before you with this combo. If you don't find a specific answer, post your question there and those ladies will get back to you on that board.

Take care and let the love of those two darling children keep your spirits up.

chrisy
10-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Well phooey. I know you are disappointed. But when you read around on the Tykerb/Xeloda threads you will see that many people are having amazing results with this combination.

Hopefully you won't miss the needles too much and that the T/X will slap those liver mets back down quickly.

Mary Anne in TX
10-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi Stephanie!
It's the pits that you have more lesions, but based upon what I have read from the "warrior encyclopedias" here, you will likely get great results and they know how to tell you to manage those side effects. I know you will miss that Taxol and those weekly sticks, but you will be rewarded with great results from the new regime. Best wishes, Mary Anne

dhealey
10-23-2007, 03:12 PM
It is sad that you have new tumors, but it sound like your onc is on top of things and you get your hair back! You have beautiful children by the way. Good luck with zapping those bad cells with your new treatment. Will keep you in my prayers.

tousled1
10-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Stephanie,

Sorry to hear you have new mets. I have no experience with the T/X but from what I've read from the women on this board who are on it it seems to be doing great things for them. I will keep you in my prayers.