PDA

View Full Version : Pray for my husband, Please

Adriana Mangus
10-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Dear Friends:

My husband - Kent, suffered a massive stroke October 11th @ 8 o'clock in the morning. Thank God I was home and able to call 911 for help.

All these years my husband wondered why I like to read health magazines so much, well, he now needs to thanks the publishing company for putting these helpful articles out there for us to read. I remember one of the first things you need to ask a possible stroke victim is whether they know what day it is, if they do not answer or look confused, next you can ask them to smile, and if the face looks funny, crooked, then you know for sure that that person is having a stroke.

When I asked my husband to read the date off the newspaper he responded October 2nd.. Perhaps his brain was registering 11 as 1+1=2, or possibly it looked to him like a roman numeral II.

In any event, he's recuperating at a Rehabilitation Facility near the house in Poway. The center is wonderful and has excellent nurses and Physical Therapists. I'm praying for my husband's speedy recovery. I would like for him to come home before Christmas. Well see.. He's being fed through a tube and has not regain his physiological? functions. The doctors mentioned to me that's is a normal process of anyone who's suffered a massive stroke such as the one my husand had. He's also unable to communicate, however he does recognize me, my daugher and his brother who came to visit him from the Bay Area (Tiburon).

Thank you for your prayers, I know I can count on you my sisters. God Bless you All.

Joanne S
10-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Adriana, I am so sorry to hear this news. I know this is very difficult for you. I have added you and your husband to my prayers. May God give you strength and hold both of you in his loving arms.

God Bless you,
Joanne

BonnieR
10-20-2007, 10:55 PM
I was just talking with a friend about what a "partnership" a marriage is. I was feeling badly that my husband is carrying so much of the weight right now. She reminded me that in marriage we take turns doing that.
What a blessing that you were there for your husband.
You are both in my prayers.

G. Ann
10-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Your husband and you will be in my prayers and the medical staff who are taking care of him. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. Please take good care of yourself during this stressful time.

sarah
10-21-2007, 05:01 AM
Dear Adriana,
I know we are all hoping for the speedy recovery of your husband.
hugs and love
sarah

Sheila
10-21-2007, 05:24 AM
Adriana
I am so sorry to hear about your husband's stroke. You are both in my prayers. He is lucky you are so knowledgeable. Sending a big hug

lilyecuadorian
10-21-2007, 07:18 AM
my prayers are on your way for both of you ,I know for sure that he is going to be OK (is just about time his recovery) ......

Barbara H.
10-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Adriana,
I am sending you heartfelt thoughts and wishes for his recovery. I couldn't believe it when I read your post. This is a huge unfair bump in the road for you and your family, especially considering all that you have been through. I hope that your ability to recognize so quickly what was going on with your husband will help his recovery.
Thinking of you and your family!
Barbara H.

DonnaD
10-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Adriana,
I am so sorry to hear about your husband Kent. My prayers are with you both. Please keep us informed of his progress.

Donna

Patb
10-21-2007, 09:15 AM
My prayers are with you and your husband. Sending positive thoughts
your way.
patb

Julie2
10-21-2007, 11:04 AM
I wish and pray for a speedy recovery for your husband. Please be strong.

Julie

dhealey
10-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Both you and your husband are in my prayers for a speedy recovery! Please take time to take of yourself also. Keep faith and stay strong

tousled1
10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Praying for a speedy and full recovery for your husband Kent.

mslinda
10-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Adriana:
I will be praying for you and your husband. I am so sorry this has happened to him and to you.

Linda
S. Mississippi

kareneg
10-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Dear Adriana,

My prayers are with your husband and you in this diffucult time, I will pray for a speedy recovery.

nitewind
10-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm keeping you and your husband in my prayers. So sorry you're going through this.
Hugs

StillHere
10-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Adriana, I hope your daughter is close by, or at least in daily contact with you, so you can support each other during this trying time. Do remember to take of yourself as well as Kent. Sending you positive vibes for a speedy recovery. Peace Karen

Bev
10-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I hope the quick treatment he received will help speed Kent's recovery. Being awake is a good sign. Keep us updated.

Best wishes, Bev.

Vi Schorpp
10-22-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm grateful you were there when he had his stroke. My husband had also had a stroke, and it wasn't apparent at first. When I told him I was going to shower, he made no sense and I realized what had happened. Luckily we got him to the hospital in time for the clot-busting drug (which is a big decision in itself). Once he was home from the hospital and doing outpatient rehab, I did a quick doctor visit for myself (in the same hospital) and came to pick him up from his appointment. At first he seemed "normal," but then he began trying to stack all the papers on the nurse's station to bring home and just acting strange somehow. Something just wasn't right. We brought him back to the ER, and he had suffered another stroke. I was surprised that no one in rehab had picked up on his behavior, but they didn't know him like I did.

Jean
10-22-2007, 12:07 PM
How lucky for your husband that you were so wise and knew what to do.
Sending you many many prayers for a speedy recovery!

Jean

KRISS
10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Will keep both of you in my prayers!

chrisy
10-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Adriana,
Of course you and Kent are in my prayers. You are lucky to have been there to recognize the symptoms and respond appropriately.

A co-worker of mine had a stroke and was NOT taken to the hospital until days later. She was given a 50% chance of surviving. Supported by all our prayers, she not only survived but FULLY recovered. This can be true for Kent also.

Much love
Chris

lexigirl
10-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Thinking of you and praying for complete healing to your husband Kent's body.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Believe51
10-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Although I read the post yesterday I did not get a chance to post back. He is in my prayers Sweetness, please keep us posted with his recovery. I shall send some extra ones for you too, looks like you need them. Along with all of the prayers I send lots of love & hugs.>>Believe51

MichelleH
10-23-2007, 06:01 AM
My prayers and thoughts are headed your way for you and Kent. May he have a speedy recovery and return home soon.
Love & hugs
Michelle

Mary Anne in TX
10-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Because you did your homework, your husband got immediate help. You are terrific and very brave. May God bless your efforts and strengthen your husband for the work ahead. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Lolly
10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Adriana, I'm keeping you both in my prayers. It sounds as if he is getting the best of care, and that can make such a huge difference in recovery. Just as there is life after breast cancer, there is life after stroke. Take one day at a time, and know that we're here for you.

<3 Lolly

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Oh Adriana,

I was shocked by your post. And saddened to hear of your plight.

I recently was reminded how difficult it is when our spouse is struck down. My heart goes out to you with genuine compassion. But I know you are strong and brave and wise. You knew just what to do. I too knew what to do. I moved like lightening. This is key.

And I kept reminding myself to not let it all crash down on me and my wellness. I prayed for Paul as I prayed for my continued good health, as I sat my his side in the hospital. You must do the same, sweet Sister. We will all pray for Kent and for you!! Please keep us posted on his progress. Know you and all of us are calling healing to him! You and Kent are in my thoughts and prayers... WITH LOVE,
Andi

Vanessa
10-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Praying for you and your husband, Kent. Just wondering how he is doing now. I hope he is recovering well.

vickie h
10-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Prayers from California for your husband and for you. each other close and move through the storm slowly and safely, never forgeting the memories of one another. Bless you both. Love, Vickie

Joanne S
10-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Adriana, How are you and your husband doing?
Wishing and praying for continued improvement every day.

John21
11-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Prayers coming your way!

Verna
11-01-2007, 09:10 AM
May God keep you and your husband in His hands.

Andrea Barnett Budin
11-01-2007, 10:57 AM
ADRIANA, I'm still thinking about you and your husband. How is he coming along? How are you holding up? Hoping for an update when you get a chance. I understand you must be w/him all day and drained by night. Please don't forget to take good care of yourself, sweet Sister!Saying prayers for you and husband!

WITH LOVE,
Andi