PDA

View Full Version : Brain MRI: all clear!

Ceesun
10-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi Friends, First I just want to thank all of you for all of the good info on DCIS over the past few weeks and encouragement on my up coming mastectomy in November....boy, a little speck of dcis can sure cause trouble!! I requested an MRI of the brain about 2 weeks ago, and my onc. ordered it...happy to report I learned a couple of days ago all is well. I guess I will ask for one once a year thanks to this board. Just trying to be a little bit funny here, but boy, that MRI is sure NOISY AND DISCONCERTING...felt like if you don't have a problem going in, you might have one coming out!! Kind of like mammograms, all that squishing. Well, best wishes to all of us. Love, Cathy aka Ceesun

caya
10-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Great news Cathy!!
Good luck on your mastectomy, you'll do fine. I was eating dinner out in a restaurant 5 days after mine last December.

all the best
caya

Sheila
10-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Cathy
So glad your MRI was fine...it is important to get one once a year, even if you have to fake something to get it! You will do fine with your mastectomy, you havce alot of love and support behind you from all of us here.....you are in my prayers.

kareneg
10-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Dear Cathy,

I am also so very happy that your MRI came back good. And you are in my prayers for a speedy recovery from your masectomy.

Becky
10-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah. I am so happy for you. The brain MRI is a noisy and weird test but well worth it.

tousled1
10-22-2007, 03:02 AM
Cathy,

So happy to hear that the MRI was clear - now that's one less thing to worry about. I'm sure the mastectomy in November will go fine. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Mary Jo
10-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Praise God!

Mary Jo

chrisy
10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Cathy, congratulations on being a bubble head! (nothing there that is).

I like to think of the MRI as a symphony of jackhammers and I visualize myself conducting it. Doesn't make it any less noisy, but it helps the time pass!