PDA

View Full Version : Bone Scan, Brain MRI

Patb
10-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi all
I had a bone scan last Tuesday and it showed a small amount of
arthritis where I was complaining about bone pain. There was one
small spot at the top of C spine, base of scull they weren't sure about
because it wasn't clear. I immediately asked for MRI of brain and spine.
My oncologist said she wasn't concerned and I could wait but I pushed
and my MRI will be Monday night, open MRI. Any advise. I just go
crazy waiting for any test, there is no way I could just wait and see.
Thanks for your input.
patb

Lolly
10-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Pat, you're doing the right thing by insisting on the MRI. It's so much better to know what's what. If you're very nervous about the procedure (in my experience, a piece of cake. The worst part is the contrast injection, and that's only because I have lymphedema and it always "flares" after the injection) call your onc or primary care and ask for a script for a low dose tranquilizer to be called in...they each seem to have their favorites but my onc prescribes Temazepam for me. Take the meds before you go for the scan, and have someone else drive!
I hope you get the all-clear.

<3 Lolly

tousled1
10-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Pat, Good thing you insisted on the MRI - better safe than sorry. I agree with Lolly. Ask your doctor for a mild sedative - I take Ativan and find that it's just enough to make me relax. I'll keep you in my prayers.

dhealey
10-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Pat, I had my brain MRI this morning. The procedure was a piece of cake. Had to keep my head very still so I just closed my eyes and pretended to somewhere else. Very noisy inside the scanner, but they give you ear plugs. I will pray you have good results. Still waiting on mine, probably won't hear anything until Monday. The waiting is the worst.