PDA

View Full Version : Pray for my brother please

Sherryg683
10-17-2007, 11:49 PM
I've posted before about my brother being diagnosed with malignant melanoma. After fighting it for a year, it is now been found that half of his liver has cancer in it and it's all in his bones and spine. He's at MD Andersens in Houston. Fixing to start treatment this weekend. H is chances are very slim. He's a wonderful honest guy who worked all his life and did very little but that, so that he could save his money for when he retired. A month after he retired his cancer was discovered. He has been praying to God to please at least give him a few good years to where he could enjoy the fruits of his many years of labor. Please remember him in your prayers..He's a good brother and a good person....sherryg

dhealey
10-18-2007, 02:19 AM
I will keep your brother in my prayers for successfull treatment. I have a son-inlaw having surgery Friday for malignat melanoma. They are also doing a sentinal node biopsy to see if it has metastized. Scary stuff. I wish your brother all the best.

Mary Jo
10-18-2007, 03:56 AM
Dear Sherry,

I am so sorry that your brother is having to go through this and also that you, his wonderful sister, have to watch him go through all this. So hard!

My prayers for him and you also. May our Lord hold you all close to Himself and give you His peace.

Mary Jo

Mary Anne in TX
10-18-2007, 04:50 AM
Well, slim chances are not, I'm praying that he gets to sit in the sun on the beach, look far and wide from the mountain tops, and praise God for more years to enjoy his retirement. God bless you and your brother! Lots of love and God's peace to you today! ma

Believe51
10-18-2007, 05:27 AM
Your brother has been in those prayers and I shall keep him sheltered there for good. I will pay a special tribute to his recovery this evening when it is my quiet time. And Sherry, when I do pray for you, his prayers have always been right on the side of yours!!!! Prayers and love.>>Believe51

Vi Schorpp
10-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Sherry, I'm praying for your brother. It is so painful to experience a sibling's pain. I pray for your brother to keep his courage and faith intact and know that all of us are praying for him, and for you too!

KRISS
10-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Oh Sherry what sad news. I will say a prayer for him and you and keep him in the white healing light. I hope his treatment is quick and will allow him to enjoy this world and all he wants to see and do.

Marlys
10-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Sherry,
He is on my prayer list and I am truly sorry that he is having to go thru this.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Jean
10-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Oh Sherry,
I was so sad to read your post. Of couse you and your brother will be
in my prayers. He is at a great cancer center - lets pray that the dr.
find a treatment for him.

Hugs,
Jean

Leslie's sister
10-18-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm sorry to read your sad news regarding your dear brother. I am prayiing that he gets to experience those years that he worked so hard for. You are a wonderful sister for him.

MagnoliaforJenny
10-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm so sorry you have to go through this with your brother. I'll be keeping you both in my prayers!!

lexigirl
10-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Dear Sherry,

Please let your brother know that there are many people that care and are holding him up in prayer. Stay strong and keep the faith that there will be a tx to help him.

HUgs and Prayers,
Lexi

Gerri
10-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Sherry,

I'm so sorry that you have to watch your brother go through this. I also had malignant melanoma about 12 years ago. Fortunatly mine was caught JUST IN TIME and I only needed surgery. This is scary stuff. I haven't kept up with the research on this so I don't what his options are at this point. Hopefully MD Anderson has a plan that will give him many more years of quality life.

My best wishes to you and your brother.

Esther
10-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Sherrie:

A slim chance, is still a chance! The liver can recover if a treatment works. When diagnosed stage 4 in Jan 04, my entire liver was covered in tumors, I was jaundiced, my skin was yellow, even the whites of my eyes were yellow.

Herceptin and chemo did it's work and I'm still here bugging the heck out of everybody, ha!

Here's hoping that his treatment works for him!!!

chrisy
10-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Dear sweet Sherry

You and your brother are both in my prayers.

BonnieR
10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
God bless you both.....

Vanessa
10-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Prayers are coming for both you and your brother. I hope his treatment is successful!!!!!

rinaina
10-18-2007, 02:41 PM
I am praying for your brother and hope that the treatment can give him those years he deserves and then some. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

kareneg
10-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Oh Sherry,
I am so sorry that your brother as to go through this. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Faith in Him
10-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Sherri:

Praying for you and your brother as you both walk through this difficult time. Praying for his complete healing and many years of retirement.

Patb
10-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Your brother will be added to my prayer list.
Take care and let him we care.
patb

Ceesun
10-18-2007, 06:54 PM
My heart goes out to you both, Sherry. Cathy aka Ceesun

anne2
10-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Many prayers that your brother's condition will improve. The good and honest people need to catch a break sometimes. It does'nt always seem fair. I am praying that he will stabalize.
Hugs,
Anne

cafe1084
10-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Sherry,

Seding your brother all my prayers tonight. My dad was in the very same situation as your brother, so I hope that all of our prayers reach him and he can truly enjoy the life he's worked so very hard to have.

Steph C

Joanne S
10-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Wishing a rainbow of hope at this time. May it be of comfort to you to know that we are praying for you and your brother. I know this has been very difficult and overwhelming for you.

In the challenging days ahead, God bless you and your family with faith, strength and improved health. And may each tomorrow hold a vision of hope.

Becky
10-18-2007, 08:14 PM
There's no place like hope. And where there is hope there is the chance that all will go well. I will say a special prayer for your brother tonight.

sassy
10-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Sherry,

Keeping both you and your brother in my thoughts and prayers.

Sherryg683
10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
You are all such a great group of gals, thank you so much for the prayers..sherry

tousled1
10-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Sherry,

I'm sorry your brother is going through this. But remember never give up hope. I will keep him in my prayers.

Sheila
10-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Sherry
Both you and your brother are in my prayers....brothers a truly a gift to us...I have 2! May God strengthen him and bring him peace on this healing journey.

Karen W
10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Sherry,

I am so sorry to hear about your brother... I will add him to my prayer list.

Karen

Brenda_D
10-19-2007, 08:10 AM
You and your brother are in my prayers.

lkc Gumby
10-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Sherry, I
I will kep your brother in my prayers.
My BIL was dxed with metastatic Melanoma 6 mos before I was dxed with BC in 2005.
He was also given a poor prognosis.
He went to University of Miami, and got worked up there, and came home on immunotherapy.

( They have recently release great new effectrive txs for melanoma mets.
He lost about 60-70 pounds and was trribly ill. He did the treatment s for 10 mos, and then D/ced because he simply coulnot tolerate anymore.
Today he is NED gained back ALL the weight and is living life to the fullest.
Please pass this on to your brother.
God Bless, Prayers work.

Ceesun
10-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi Sherry, Thinking of you and your brother-hope things improve for him and you are well. Cathy aka Ceesun

Soccermom
10-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Sherry,
Sincere thoughts and prayers for you ,your brother and family,

Warmly,Marcia

StillHere
10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Sherry, Please know that you and your brother are in my thoughts. Everyone should be able to spend some of their hard earned money on wild and crazy dreams. I know for a fact I will never regret going to the Galapagos Islands instead of remodeling our kitchen. Peace Karen

Joanne S
10-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Sherry, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please give us an update.