PDA

View Full Version : All finished..........

Mary Jo
10-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Well colonoscopy is finished. The "end" (haha) result was that 4 polyps were removed. One of them was attached tightly to colon wall so when it was pulled and snipped some moderate bleeding occured. Clips were put their to control the bleeding HOWEVER I will now have to have another follow up colonoscopy in 3 - 6 months so she can make sure "no residual tissue" from the polyp is still their. With the bleeding she didn't want to snip anymore for fear of causing a hole. So, will have another one in 3 months.

I questioned her over and over and over again on if she thought any of these polyps could be cancer and she continued to reassure me that she didn't fear that all. So.........................she told me not worry (which I will) and said it went well.

So, good thing I went through with this.

Mary Jo

Oh ya, the moderate sedation (demerol and versed(not sure if that's how that one is spelled) caused me to vomit a few times when it was over.

Becky
10-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Dear Mary Jo

Thankfully all is well - usually they do so many of these they can tell just by looking at the polyp that it is ok. God is looking out for you in that you really were into getting all the systems a get up and go certificate. I am so glad you got this done and hopefully any of our sisters out there will take heed and get theirs done too now.

Sorry you didn't feel well. It may have had more to do with the fact that you did get more done than just the scope. You never tend to feel well when one has their digestive system messed with (even though it is the end of the line).

I will still pray but I know those polyops are A-ok!

Sheila
10-17-2007, 06:19 PM
MareJo
Glad today is behind you, no pun intended...you are in my prayers that those polyps are just that....good thing you had it done...I would bet the nausea is from the Demerol, and lack of food! Rest good tonight...sweet dreams!

StillHere
10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Marejo, Glad they snipped those raskles off before they could develop into something nasty. My mother and her mother both died from colon CA. I have had 2 scopes and both were negative. Just so you don't scare anyone away from having the colonoscopy - If you are prone to getting nauseated, ask your GI doc to give you a preprocedure antiemetic. I never had any problem w/ the demerol & versed combo and I tell them to "snow me" just keep me breathing. I don't care to remember anything about the procedure. Take Care. Karen

Yorkiegirl
10-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Glad that every thing went well, except for the hard snip.

I had 6 polyps removed last year. It took two day's after they were sent off to pathlogy to get result's, All were negative.

Sorry your tummy doesn't feel well. I always ask for anti nausea med's before anything since I have such a sensitive tummy.

Gerri
10-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Mary Jo,

I've been checking in all day to see if you posted. I was hoping you would say your day had been uneventful. Sorry to hear that you had a few surprises along the way. However, I'm sure that you are so glad that you had this done. It sounds like everything was caught early and snipped away. The biggest bummer is that you have to do this again in a few months - what fun!

I'm in the 'cleansing' stages right now. I'm surprised that I am really not that hungry. How could I be after drinking that HUGE jug of delightfully flavored concoction! Hopefully I will be 'done' soon and will get a good nights rest. Thankfully my appointment is early in the morning.

Okay ladies, those of you who have been putting this off need to make that appointment. This is very important!

Wish me luck!

P.S. Sure hope we hear from Brenda. She's probably out eating that enchilada.

Vanessa
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
So glad to hear your procedure went well, sorry about the extra nip, tuck and the vomiting. What a relief to know everything went well. I am sorry that you have to repeat in couple of months. Good luck.

Gerri, here is hoping that your procedure goes well, also. I hope you both get to eat something you enjoy afterward!!!!!!!

sassy
10-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Glad this is behind you, and I'm sure all your tests will be clear. Best of luck!

KRISS
10-18-2007, 07:41 AM
I am so glad you are so pro active. I'm sure the surgeon knows what she is talking about. There is nothing to worry about ( not that you won't) But let us know as soon as you hear. Will be thinking about you until then.

Leslie's sister
10-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Whew! I bet that you are gllad to have that "behind" you. Great news that all is good. That is a scan I keep putting off. I guess I shouldn't as I am 48. Thanks for the update.

Jean
10-18-2007, 10:29 AM
MaryJo
I hope this will help you to relax - I had 4 polyps removed also
They were benign. Often times just looking at them the dr. 's have
a good idea of what they are dealing with, it is a great sign that your
dr. thought it was nothing. But to be sure they must be tested.
You will hear good news I am sure....

I am glad that you had the test...especially since you did have polyps,
which are nothing when removed early. For any other sisters out there
who are due to go for this check up...please do not wait...the prep
is really the most challenging part of the test. Colon polyps are a concern
because they can transform in time to colon cancer.

Like Nikie says, "JUST DO IT"
remember early detection is the key.

Jean

Debra
10-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Mary Jo -

I am glad that is over for you! Certainly not a fun thing to have done although very necessary! Only good thoughts for a good report!

Mary Jo
10-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Thank you Jean for sharing your "4 polyp story" with me. Yes, that does put my mind at ease a bit. Can I share something funny with you - a little naughty :-) but funny, funny, funny.

My husband and I have a joke around here about me being perfect. You see one time (actually twice) my oncologist told me after examining me "you're perfect!" I said, "well thank you - and I'm happy my husband was here to hear you say that. I've been trying to tell the man that for years." Well yesterday, after the exam was all done, my husband says..........................well, I guess you aren't the "perfect" asshole after all." Hahahahahahahahahahahah! Chaulk one up for Mark.

:-) :-)

Mary Jo

tousled1
10-18-2007, 11:39 PM
MareJo,

Love the humor!! Glad to hear the test is over and the polyps are removed. I'm sure pathology report will come back great!