PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about Staging

nitewind
10-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Maybe someone here can help me because I'm a little confused (nothing unusual for me). I was reading about staging in cancer and the article said that if your tumor is 2cm or under and you have no nodes involved that you are considered a stage 1. My tumor was 2cm, clear margins, no nodes involved and yet on my chart at the oncs office it says that I am stage 2. Like I said, I'm a little confused. I'm almost afraid to ask my onc when I see him on Friday because he says I always have something new going on and want answers. Maybe someone can shed some light on this, please?
Thanks and hugs

Becky
10-17-2007, 08:35 AM
If your tumor is under 2 cm with no nodes - that is stage 1. At 2cm and no nodes, you are Stage 2A (just).

Vi Schorpp
10-17-2007, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure if you saw this message further down the thread, but hope it helps.

New Staging info (http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30520)
Brenda_D

nitewind
10-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks ladies, I appreciate it!

BonnieR
10-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Nitewind, you should not have to be afraid to ask questions of your onc. But I know what you mean!

KellyA
10-17-2007, 08:49 AM
Ok, I am going to "piggy-back" off of this question. I has a question also regarding nodes at the time of staging. When I had my axillary nodes removed, there were 3+ out of five. The entire clump of nodes was removed, yet there were only five present. I asked my onc if it was worse to have three out of five, say, then 3 out of 15 (based on percentage. He said no- that 3 was 3. I don't understand this, because it seems only logical that if I had had more nodes in the clump that more would have been positive. Does that make sense? Not that I am trying to up my stage or anything, I just wonder if I was more progressed?

Love, Kelly