PDA

View Full Version : Not the news I wanted

KRISS
10-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Today I had the first set of mammograms since DX. I was really hoping for the best . And I guess it is not as bad as it could be so I should count my blessings. My left , the bc boob, was beautiful. The scar, which is now where my nipple used to be did not even show up. Yeah! Unfortunatly my right breast showed a dozen or so teeny tiny spots. They were not there last year. Most likey they are just calcifications but the center called my surgeon and we are back to surgery next week. Remove the cluster and then off to path. He says there is only a 10percent chance that it is the very begining of bc but with my history why chance it. Get it out and find out what it is. So here we go again. I am really starting to feel some major battle fatigue here. So I went out and bought a new puppy. Gwendolyn is a three month old miniture long haired Dachsund and is as cute as can be. We lost our 15 yr old last month and my mastiff has been so lonley since. So I cheered both of us up today. Please keep me in your thoughts next tuesday, I need all the help I can get.

PinkGirl
10-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi Kriss
Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. There is a good chance these tiny spots are nothing, but you are very wise to get them checked out.
I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. Another wise move -- new puppy!!! I'm jealous....

Mary Anne in TX
10-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Oh, Kriss, rats, rats, rats! Didn't those pictures know to be clear. But you have a "better safe than sorry" kinda guy taking care of you and you have a squillion warriors who will be praying for you. Wish you didn't have to do it, but so glad it is soon and will be over and you will know the game plan. And the puppy. What a lucky duck that little pup is! You did soooooo good! Lots of love and belief for clear pictures coming up! ma

KellyA
10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Kriss,

I am sorry that you got your news. I will be praying for you that it is just pesky benign stuff (and I really do think that it is) and that you are through all of the surgery and testing asap. I am very happy that you have a doc that is on top of things and checking everything out.

As far as the puppy goes.... I'm jealous!!!!! I want one!! Snuggle lots and keep your chin up!

Love, Kelly

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Your doc is doing what my b surg does. Never wait and see. Always take out any thing and every thing. Just have to. It's the wisest course. And I too think this is *pesky benign stuff*. Will say a prayer for you anyway. And reaching for LOVE in Gwendolyn form so healing and nurturing. Give her lots of cuddles. She is a lucky pup. Be well. Stay well. Do what you have to. Sorry, but you'll be so glad to learn it is definitely nothing to worry about... With love,
Andi

Margerie
10-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Sorry you didn't get both breasts spotless. I will be thinking of you next Tuesday. I hope it is a benign bump in the road and you are not too weary- but this does get old!

I also want to see a pic of your Mastiff and a little mini puppy! I bet that is too cute.

Vanessa
10-16-2007, 02:47 PM
I am also sorry that you did not get the results you wanted, but I am hoping and praying that the small spots are benign. Best wishes to you and enjoy your new puppy. Keep up posted!

Jeanette
10-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Sorry about the results, but I am sure it is benign. Hang in there. It's good that your doc. is on top of things. will keep you in my prayers, Hugs, Jeanette

kareneg
10-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Dear Kriss,

I am so sorry too. You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend I am praying that these tiny spots are nothing.

tousled1
10-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Kriss,

I know you didn't get the news you were hoping for but at least your doctor is doing something quickly. I'm sure that it'll turn out to be benign. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Mary Jo
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Hi Kriss,

I know exactly how you feel. Exactly!!! The same thing happened to me. Six months after my mastectomy of my right breast cancer breast, I had a mammogram of my "good" breast - the left one. When we got home from the mammogram appointment there was a message on my machine from my surgeon saying "call me!" Oh my gosh, I about died. I called and was told "don't worry BUT.......................(ya right?) we found calcification near your chest wall that we would like to biopsy." I couldn't believe it. Just couldn't believe it. Even my oncologist called and left a message saying "I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I'm sure it's nothing. I will not be concerned until I know what it is."

So, I did the stereotactic biopsy and THANKFULLY it was benign. I did go ahead and have that breast removed also BUT that's another story.

I'm sure it is nothing Kriss. I'm just sure. My prayers are with you. I'm really sorry you had to experience this today. I really am. Snuggle that puppy and TRY to let it go (ya I know - wayyyyyyyy easier said than done)

Love you,

Mary Jo

hutchibk
10-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Best wishes Kriss - I know that is a bit of ambiguous news... but there is always the chance that it is not the bad stuff! But no matter what it is, you are seeing it early which will give you so many more options...

Becky
10-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Oh fiddle

A cluster of calcifications is something they have to be sure of. I will not tell you not to worry because I know you will because we all do. Just know that we are all worrying with you.

One more thing you didn't need while you were recovering from your hysterectomy.

I am thinking of you.

Jean
10-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Kriss,
I am sorry that you had that report. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing. What a full swing for you, that news and then the other
extreme of pure happiness with your new baby puppy. I am a major
dog lover - and when I was going through radiation my son purchased
a baby American Bull that I named Bernie. He was my constant shadow
along with my other dog Merlin, during the entire time.

Enjoy your new sweetheart - and try to remain positive, my prayers
are with you.

Hugs,
Jean

Gerri
10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Kriss,

A week can seem like an eternity, that new puppy should keep you busy though. Heres hoping that the teeny tiny spots are a great big nothing!

All my best,

caya
10-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Kriss,

I went throught this angst myself at the end of August, it all turned out fine. I'm sure it will all be okay. Keep us posted, we are all thinking of you.

all the best
caya

KRISS
10-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Thank you Ladies for all your sweet words. It is just the road we travel but I want a new scenic drive. I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is beautiful in Indy today. So myself, Gwendolyn (the Doxie puppy) and Beatrice (the Mastiff) will be enjoying the lovely fall weather. We are a sight to see. Blessings to all, Kriss

MJo
10-17-2007, 07:51 AM
I have my second mammogram after diagnosis on Nov. 5 and thanks to this board, I am prepared for anything -- cyst, calcifications, etc. I remember my 1994 mammogram showing calcifications and the radiologist telling me not to worry. I tried to give up coffee as a remedy (!) -- lasted about one month. I am glad the surgeon is going to biopsy your calcifications. I hope I don't have any, but I will be as proactive as you are about them if I do.

jones7676
10-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Kriss,
Keep busy, stay positive and we are all praying that the results will be good!

Soccermom
10-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Kriss,
I so hope that you get some good news when you follow up. Snuggle up with your new "baby" every chance you get...there's just something about that puppy smell thats makes one feel better!

Hugs,marcia

Lolly
10-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Kriss, I'm surely keeping you in my thoughts. I hope you get the all clear.

<3 Lolly

sassy
10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Sending up prayers that this is nothing.

chrisy
10-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Kriss,
Of course, not the news you wanted. But, keep in mind that this could turn out to be a whole lot of nothing. I hope so. If not, I am so glad you are ON IT so quickly, and will be able to take care of it. You can do it.

Much love
Chris

Debra
10-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Kriss -

You will be in our thoughts and I know I am speaking for many! As we all know, this is the hard part-----waiting.
Hugs to you.