PDA

View Full Version : How My Neighborhood Spent Their Sunday....

SusieQ
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Yesterday, the neighborhood gathered together to help raise funds for breast cancer research and patient support programs.

The donations will also allow one of my dear friends and team leader of SusieQ's Crew to walk in the San Diego 3-Day this November.

Many families and their young children participated in a car wash at our local neighborhood park. We raised $611.00 in just a couple of hours!!!

I experienced a few incredible things:
The children helped with everything from sign handling on the streetside to selling bears, pink lemonade and other goodies. I spoke with each one of them and shared some information about breast cancer and how much their support impacts all of us. The parents of these children are doing an incredible job at raising these kids!

I also got the opportunity to speak with folks that stopped to get a car wash. Just about all of the individuals knew someone that is battling breast cancer or knew someone that has had it. They all said they were happy to contribute.

Pictures of the fundraiser including my 5-year old son, Lex:

http://picasaweb.google.com/hubbahut/SusieqsOnlinePhotosForHER2SupportGroup

Mary Jo
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
That's wonderful Susie. How proud you must feel of your neighborhood and how happy you must be to be a part of it.

One of life's blessings - for sure.

Mary Jo