PDA

View Full Version : Time off after Ooph?

Erin
10-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Hello Ladies,
I need to again tap into your collective wisdom and experience :-) I am planning on having a laprascopic oophrectomy. My doc has told me he will put me on state disability, and off work for two weeks standard.

How have most of you felt after the surgery? I am considering having it done on the Tuesday befor my DH has a laproscopic repair of his rotator cuff. That way some of the time I use to care for him will be covered by my disability. I have heard many of you say that you were up and about, doing regular life stuff by a few days after. Is that accurate?

Thanks for you help!

Missyw
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi Erin,

I had a laproscopic ooph. in October of 06. Immediately after surgery I felt horrible. My throat was so sore from the tube and I was quite sick to my stomach. By the next morning I felt so much better. I was moving around very well, nagging my kids, eating, etc. The second day I felt almost normal, tight and a bit sore, but quite quite good. I went in to the office a half day on the third day, I even did laundry. (stupid me!) I took care to be careful and I was a bit sore, but all in all it was very comfortable for me. I was very motivated to turn off my hormones at all costs. It turns out it wasn't bad at all. I pray you too will have an easy time of it.

KRISS
10-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Erin
I had an abdominal ooph and hysterectomy on the 24th of Sept. At three weeks out I feel darn good. I have an extremely physical job so am staying out the recomended 6 wks, but even with the abdominal I would have gone back to work last week if I had a desk job. Walking for an extended time, laughing and sneezing are the only discomforts now and even that is not so bad. Good luck to you!

Becky
10-15-2007, 08:03 PM
I thought the ooph was a breeze. I was sorer than most women because I had had a previous Csection and I had a lot of scar tissue that my gyne had to clean up to get to the ovaries/tubes. It felt like I did 1000 sit ups (no pain/no gain) for about 2 days - then I was great. If it wasn't for the old scar tissue, I'd have been fine right away. A friend of mine went out to dinner the night that she got hers done.