PDA

View Full Version : New Staging info

Brenda_D
10-12-2007, 08:19 AM
This may have already been posted. If so, please excuse my re-posting.

A new staging "chart" posted on Self site, introduces Stage IIIc, which used to be included in Stage IV, according to them.

http://www.self.com/livingwell/secrets/2007/02/bch_stages

Jean
10-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Brenda,
Thanks for posting, this particular format is very concise.

Jean

tousled1
10-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Brenda,

When I was first diagnosed in October 2005 I was staged at IIIc. I was told at that time I was Stage IIIc due to the number of lymph nodes involved.

Brenda_D
10-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks Kate. It's interesting to know that IIIc has been around for a couple years (at least).
Some things I've read have made it seem to be a more recent change.

I've been staged at IV, but according to those guidelines, I may be IIIc instead.

Becky
10-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Stage 3C has been around (at least since I was diagnosed) but the criteria for Stage 4 changed. Supraclavicular nodes (neck nodes) are now deemed Stage 3C versus Stage 4. This is rather new and happened since I was diagnosed. Therefore, theoretically, some women on this site who have been battling pesky nodes for many years and were re-staged to Stage 4 (which was correct at the time) could downgrade themselves to Stage 3C. This designation is not readily accepted by all oncs but...

Stage 3C (as Kate said) was originally for any size tumor but at least 10 affected nodes.

Your post is a good one and it seems that the prognosis statistics are upgraded.