PDA

View Full Version : MBCN Conference at MD Anderson

Esther
10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
MANAGING METASTATIC BREAST CANCER: NEW TREATMENT OPTIONS

Second Annual MBCN Conference
November 17th and 18th, 2007
at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas

www.mbcnetwork.org/adv_events.html (http://www.mbcnetwork.org/adv_events.html)

I anybody else planning to attend? I read over the program scheduled and it seems fabulous for us bc metsters. I have already booked my flight and hotel room. If anybody else is planning to attend, I'd love to meet up with you there.

There will be a chance for question and answer periods from the audience at every presentation.

hutchibk
10-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Esther - I just got an email about it today... but haven't looked at the link. I will look at it in a minute, but I think you can count me IN! I am only 2.5 hours from Houston and MDA puts on very good conferences. I went to a Survivor's conference last year and it was excellent. So, I will see you in the middle of Nov in Houston! Let's talk soon and make some plans.

hutchibk
10-10-2007, 08:46 PM
The site is not very informative with some of the details (as in the address at MDA where it is being held, and the cost...) and it won't let me register online, it just keep shooting it back when I hit register telling me over and over to enter the code at the bottom (even though I did and did and did...) It doesn't say how much it costs. Do you know?

Julie2
10-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Esther,

I would love to goto the conference, but I can't becuase of the kids.
Could you please give us the information about any interesting and hopefull treatments after attending it?

Thanks,
Julie

Esther
10-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Brenda the conference is free. The code at the bottom is hard to see, I kept getting it wrong, but eventually guessed at what it wanted and it let me register.

Esther
10-11-2007, 10:10 AM
The conference is being held at the MD Anderson conference center. If you want to stay there overnight, they have negotiated special rates with the hotel that is across the bridge from MD Anderson.

$98 for a king room
$99 for 2 queens

I think the conference is free, because it let me register and never mentioned payment or cost.

Sherryg683
10-14-2007, 09:08 PM
I think I am going to go also. I just registered. I am in Baton Rouge, which is just about 5 hours from MD Anderson. My brother is probably going to be up there getting treatment then and it may also be a chance to see him. What is the name of the hotel across the street? ..sherryg

Esther
10-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Here's the information on the hotel across from MD Anderson:

Jesse H Jones Rotary House International (managed by Marriott)
This hotel is attached by an interior bridge to MD Anderson's Cancer Center.
Address 1600 Holcombe Blvd, Houston Texas 77030

Rooms are available for Nov 16 Friday and Nov 17th Saturday nights.

1-800-847-5783 mention the MBC Network Conference
1 King room $98 per night
2 Queen room $99 per night

The conference itself is free.

It will be great to meet some of you in person!

Sherryg683
10-17-2007, 11:40 PM
I will definately be there and will book my rooms tomorrow. My brother is in the last stages of melanoma and is at MD Andersons at the present. This may give me a chance t visit and be with him some while he is away. He has been staying at the Radclff and says its very nice. They admit him to the hospital this weekend. I really want to go to this and will see you girls there. I feel we owe it to ourself to be as up to date and informend as we can possibly be. ..sherry

hutchibk
10-18-2007, 01:42 AM
WHEW, finally got registered...

dorinda
10-18-2007, 08:17 PM
hey girls, i am thinking of going. i live in pasadena,texas, which is only abouy 20 mins. to md anderson. it just depends if i can get off work. it is my weekend to work and also i have two daughters that are gona have my grand babies and they are due the 1st of dec. but could come early. so will see how things go. i hope i get to go, will love to meet yall and also hear the seimar. take care dorinda