PDA

View Full Version : KellyA - ultrasound results yet?

bashmaz
10-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi Kelly - have you received the results of your abdominal ultrasound? And has the pain subsided?

thinking of you, and sending healing thoughts,
Marianne

Kavy
10-10-2007, 11:17 PM
I am thinking about Kelly too. I wonder what is happening. I pray she is OK, just too busy to post today.
Healing prayers for Kelly.
KarlaV.

KellyA
10-11-2007, 02:55 AM
Hi there,

Sorry I didn't get back yesterday. I still don't have a definitive answer. My doc called me to say he thinks its my gallbladder, but doesn't see anything on the ultrasound that suggests it should be removed. Most bloodwork is in, and all is good, with the exception of my markers, which we should know today. I feel about 75% better- no severe pain anymore, just like I have been kicked in the side and feel very bruised. Back pain is minimal. Here's the trick- I haven't eaten, really. Just tried some toast and some jello. Within 5 minutes I was sorry. If I am on empty, I am MUCH improved. Have lost about 6 lbs since Sat. or Sun. Here's the plan- if I am not markedly improved by tomorrow, or at least able to eat bland foods without much pain, he is going to order a petscan. Mostly for 1 reason- don't know if you remember that they are "watching" a spot on my rib that hads been there since Jan. They think its nothing- its right under my implant on my non-cancerous side and has stayed the same with no change on three separate bonescans in addition to coming up negative on a CT. Both he and myself think it is unrelated (its much higher up and away from the bulk of the pain and I don't think it would affect me this way), but we would rule it out anyways to be safe. Markers have all been good (20, 24, 17- in that order since Jan.) and hopefully the one that should be in today will be too.

So if that all happens, and all comes out ngeative, he's referring me to a Gastro guy to get to the bottom of all of it. I did have some stomach issues about ten years ago, but this seems much much different. So in a nutshell, we still think its gallbladder, but might need to do some more tests. Don't know why, but I do feel so muc better, that I might pass on the petscan for now. ADVICE PEASE. I've been a "so in the know" person until now, that this surprises me. I really don't think its (the spot) related, but I do think that that is opening up a whole new can of worms and not sure I want to.

Thank you all for your support. I couldn't imagine going through this without the support of everyone here. Paul is still away-don't know when he'll be back and the kids are driving me NUTS- MY kids and my "work" kids!!!! :-) I am exhausted. Don't they know when to misbehave and when not to?!?!

Love, Kelly

KellyA
10-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Hi there,

Sorry I didn't get back yesterday. I still don't have a definitive answer. My doc called me to say he thinks its my gallbladder, but doesn't see anything on the ultrasound that suggests it should be removed. Most bloodwork is in, and all is good, with the exception of my markers, which we should know today. I feel about 75% better- no severe pain anymore, just like I have been kicked in the side and feel very bruised. Back pain is minimal. Here's the trick- I haven't eaten, really. Just tried some toast and some jello. Within 5 minutes I was sorry. If I am on empty, I am MUCH improved. Have lost about 6 lbs since Sat. or Sun. Here's the plan- if I am not markedly improved by tomorrow, or at least able to eat bland foods without much pain, he is going to order a petscan. Mostly for 1 reason- don't know if you remember that they are "watching" a spot on my rib that hads been there since Jan. They think its nothing- its right under my implant on my non-cancerous side and has stayed the same with no change on three separate bonescans in addition to coming up negative on a CT. Both he and myself think it is unrelated (its much higher up and away from the bulk of the pain and I don't think it would affect me this way), but we would rule it out anyways to be safe. Markers have all been good (20, 24, 17- in that order since Jan.) and hopefully the one that should be in today will be too.

So if that all happens, and all comes out ngeative, he's referring me to a Gastro guy to get to the bottom of all of it. I did have some stomach issues about ten years ago, but this seems much much different. So in a nutshell, we still think its gallbladder, but might need to do some more tests. Don't know why, but I do feel so muc better, that I might pass on the petscan for now. ADVICE PEASE. I've been a "so in the know" person until now, that this surprises me. I really don't think its (the spot) related, but I do think that that is opening up a whole new can of worms and not sure I want to.

Thank you all for your support. I couldn't imagine going through this without the support of everyone here. Paul is still away-don't know when he'll be back and the kids are driving me NUTS- MY kids and my "work" kids!!!! :-) I am exhausted. Don't they know when to misbehave and when not to?!?!

Love, Kelly

KellyA
10-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Sorry, this posted twice.

Kelly

Mary Jo
10-11-2007, 04:05 AM
Thanks for posting Kelly. I was worried about you. Still am BUT am feeling confident that it is your gall bladder.

Sending hugs and hope you can eat today.

Mary Jo

Grace
10-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Kelly--This is anecdotal, but your problem could be similar. It took six months of visits to ER and private doctors for gallbladder problem to show up on a scan. When I had episodes I was in great pain. The episodes increased over time.

After surgery, they found my gallbaldder was very infected (description is too gross to give) and it had actually pushed up so it was located higher than normal, perhaps the reason earlier scans couldn't find the problem.

So if pain persists and they can't find reason, it could still be gallbladder. In general, though, I didn't have tenderness with gallbladder, just severe pain. I hope whatever it is, it's resolved soon and you get peace of mind.

Kavy
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Kelly,
Thanks for the update. I was worried about you. I am glad you are Ok and feeling much better. I am also glad to know it is probably gallbladder.
I hope you are able to eat better today, and that soon you will find out for sure the source of the pain.
If it were me, I would like to have the PET scan or CT scan, just for peace of mind.
Hugs,
KarlaV.

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks, Kelly. You've been on my mind too (cute haircut and ALL). If it were me, I'd call the gastro guy Mon. I'd call tmrrw, but it's the weekend and you aren't allowed to get sick on Sat/Sun or you have to pass GO and go directly to the emerg rm. Ugh. Very slow process there, surrounded by pp who look way worse no matter what...

There are tests, swallow something gross and watch as you *digest* it. My friend had this. They tracked her digestive sys trying to find her problem. The main reason I'd move as quickly as possible on this is because -- you can't eat w/o severe pain! That's an urgent matter. Keeping it in check by not eating any thing is not an answer, and you need an answer. Probably gall bladder, but whatever -- you need to address it. Don't think ca! Don't even go there. Doesn't sound like it anyway. You need a good gastro guy to move on this. Have friends w/gastro probs whose advice you respect re docs and such? Start collecting names and #s. Be ready for Mon first thing.

Sorry your kids aren't cooperating. It's all about them. And they're so cute! But you need some coddling. Hubby away and all... Sending you BIG HUGS, and hopes for a resolution SOON on your pain and inability to eat...
http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/celebrte/hugAndi

Catherine
10-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Kelly,

I hope you are ready for Monday. It is late Sunday night here in Oregon. But I just want to wish you well for Monday morning in Georgia. ( I lived in Augusta, Georgia in 1969....too hot for me) I agree with Andi, if you can not eat, the doctors need to help you sooner than later. My sister and Mom both had gallbladder pain, I know how horrible it is. I hope this (gallbladder) is your problem and that your doctor has a quick solution. In the meantime, can you take some time off? Time heals all wounds (ha, ha, hee, hee.)

Hugs, Catherine

Soccermom
10-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Kelly,just wanted to wish you well today!

Marcia

KRISS
10-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi Kelly
I had the same thing going on in Dec of 05. Could not eat a thing without puking moments later. Also was very tender and stomach cramps. Test after test really did not show anything. Finally figured out my gallbladder was slow to work. Had it removed in Feb of 06 and have not puked once since. Even on chemo! I hope that is all that is going on with you. It is an easy fix. Keep you in my thoughts.