PDA

View Full Version : To Believe51

IRENE FROM TAMPA
10-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi there

I noticed that you have a recipe for Tumeric Tea?

Can you share. I just bought some tumeric since I read that it was good for inflammation and thought what the heck.

But in a tea

Would love to try.

thanks

hutchibk
10-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi Irene- here's the link to the original Turmeric Tea Recipe post... Marie and I LOVE this stuff!

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29560&highlight=turmeric+tea

IRENE FROM TAMPA
10-11-2007, 04:20 AM
I can't wait to try it which I will do tonite curled up on the sofa watching my recorded soaps from the day.

Will let you know how I like.

Have a great day

Believe51
10-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Hurry up and make that tea, it is one of my pampering treats I give to myself as a great reward!! Each time I drink of it I relish in the fact that Brenda shared this and I have a special tribute to her with every cup!!

Maybe I can drink a tea with my dessert this afternoon!! ROTFL!!! (from Lily's post)>>Believe51

PinkGirl
10-11-2007, 07:42 AM
I can't remember why we're supposed to drink this. Can someone refresh my memory?

hutchibk
10-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Properties in Turmeric/Curcumin are supposed to have strong anti-cancer activity and it is being researched and has been put in to clinical trials... It is supposed to be very anti-inflammatory.

IRENE FROM TAMPA
10-12-2007, 07:07 AM
Hey there ladies

Just wanted to let you know that I tried it last nite just as I said while I was watching my prerecorded soap operas and relaxing in my recliner.

I LIKED it very much. I had to use what I had in my pantry since I need to go to the grocery store. I used organic low fat milk and some vanilla that I brought back from my trip to Mexico and some honey. This alone was very nice. I refrigerated the remainder and will try it cold today.

I have not passed this by my onc. but I assume it is ok to take and this should not have any counter active effects on the Tykerb & Avastin?
You know how those doctors are . Since it is a cooking spice I imagine there can't be any problems with it.

Thank you all again and I will continue to have a nice warm cup of it in the evening time.

hutchibk
10-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Always check with your onc, but my friend who was going to MD Anderson a couple of years ago was actually trying curcumin supplements while she was in an experimental chemo regimine... and MD was either behind it or had no problem with it. And it was a supplement. Like you said, we are using culinary spice, so I assume it is OK. I will look it up in Dr. Labriola's book and see what it says and get back to ya... oops, it's still packed in a box.