PDA

View Full Version : MRI Results

jones7676
10-10-2007, 01:26 PM
I am so disappointed. Results of MRI last Thursday. .55 cm area in white matter of left temporal lobe. Will be discussing the matter with my oncologist next Thursday and then to Chicago the 22nd to discuss with brain surgeon. The last two were at the surface and easy to take care of.....I am so scared....and I will probably have decisions to make.

Jeanette
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
What a bummer. Whatever your decision I'm sure it will be the right one. I will be thinking of you. This disease sucks. Hugs, Jeanette

PinkGirl
10-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi Barb
I'm sorry you got this news today. Waiting for all the test and scan results is so hard and getting bad news is big-time scary. I wish you all the best and the courage to make the necessary decisions. You have the support of everyone on this Board. Good luck.

Mary Anne in TX
10-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Well, rats! You surely didn't need that news! Do you have far to drive to Chicago? Do you have someone to go with you? You have been here before so you know the decisions are hard, but life saving for you. I surely will be thinking really good thoughts for you and saying my prayers for lots of good guidance as you make your choices. God bless you as you take the warrior role once again. Mary Anne

Mary Jo
10-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Hello Barb,

I'm sorry you had to receive the news you have. Praying that decisions will be easy to make for you.

I'm sorry...........I truly am.

Sending hugs and love,

Mary Jo

Sheila
10-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Barb
That is not the news you wanted i'm sure...they are very good in Chicago...lots of top notch Dr.'s and hospitals to choose from. Where are you going? You will be in my prayers that this is resolved quickly and with excellent results.

jones7676
10-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I go to Northwestern (Lynn Sage Breast Center etc) in Chicago. My daughter lives just a few miles north of the hospital, so it is convenient. The local treatment center I go to near home (45 miles away) is in Marquette, MI. However, they do not have the resources and latest equipment that Northwestern has. I never make any "big" moves in my treatment without consulting with the docs in Chicago and I have had several procedures done there. Sometimes I fly, sometimes I get driven half way or all the way. I used to drive myself, but my right leg does not function well enough to drive since my first brain tumor - so I have become dependent on others for transportation. So far it has worked out ok.

Vanessa
10-10-2007, 04:31 PM
I am sorry to hear your news, but I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay stong and best wishes. Thank you for your kind words on my previous post!

Barbara H.
10-10-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm always sorry to hear this kind of news. I hope you will be given an easy treatment plan.
Barbara H.

lilyecuadorian
10-10-2007, 04:45 PM
hope the best for you and you next battle plan .......

SusieQ
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Sending you strength....

tousled1
10-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Barb,

Sorry that you have to go through this. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Believe51
10-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Hello Love, I will have you encased in prayers and positive thoughts. Yes there will be decisions to make, but atleast now you are empowered to know what is going on in that body of yours and you have the ammo now to fight it. Please keep us posted about your progress, I appreciate you sharing with us so far.>>Believe51

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Barb,

I echo everything Marie just said so eloquently. I feel exactly the same. Now you are armed with knowledge and have great courage and wisdom to do what must be done. Plus you are surrounded by so much love, and its cathartic effects. My prayers will be added to the many being sent out in your name. So sorry you have to go through this. Margaret Thatcher's words are obviously close to your heart. They reflect a truth that is inspiring. YOU MAY HAVE TO FIGHT A BATTLE MORE THAN ONCE TO WIN IT. You will be dancing with NED and back to square one in good time. You are a Survivor and a Thriver! Stay strong. Thank you for opening your heart and sharing with us. It's all right to be scared. You'e human.

The brave are those who know what lies before them and go ahead and do what must be done anyway. Experience the fear. Give it ten minutes and then move on, replacing those thoughts and feelings with words and images full of resolve and tenacity. Sending you loving, healing energy...

Andi

Lolly
10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Barb, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers, please keep us posted.

<3 Lolly

DonnaD
10-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi Barb,
Many will be thinking and praying for you on the 22.

NW is a great place. I went there for a second opinion between chemo treatments. I am at Rush. Attended a BC cancer seminar there a few weeks ago. Wow the Dr. are impressive.

It is nice yout daugher is close to NW. I hope you can attend the HerStory on Oct 24. My husband and I will be there as well as Sheila. Should we wear pink so we can recognize each other :) Hope to meet you soon.
Donna