PDA

View Full Version : Wow !!

Joe
10-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Christine and I returned yesterday from our visit to Washington DC and the East Coast and wish to share with you the following emails:

From Dr. D. Rucker, Medical Director of Siemens:

Christine, Joe,
Thank you for the immense effort to travel cross country and help in getting the story on breast cancer diagnosis and treatment out. I think everyone was touched by your reflections on the journey life has brought to you and it was certainly helpful to share this with the DC audiences that often forget that budget decisions have human consequences.
With all best wishes,
Don

and another from Dr. Walter Carney:

Christine and Joe. Thank you very much for your time and effort at the Advamed meeting. From all reports you were very effective in your comments and I think the folks at Siemens saw the importance of what you are both doing. You have certainly been an inspiration for many people with and without breast cancer.
Secondly, I hope you and Joe as well as any of your HER-2/neu Support group will be my guests for dinner at the San Antonio breast cancer meeting if you have time. It is the least we can do for all you folks do for othersAgain, thank you very much

Walt

Last but certainlty not least. Our mail was overwhelmed with memorial contributions on behalf of Ann-Michelle Higgins (Shell) who recently passed away. The organization has received over 80 checks totaling several thousand dollars. Our group will be expanding our outreach program and intend to participate in many more meetings and seminars in 2008. This support will go a long way in helping us.

We will be posting details of Symposiums and intend to pay the entire expenses of members who volunteer to represent the HER2 Support Group at these events.

Hugs and Warmest Regards
Joe and Christine

Marlys
10-10-2007, 06:46 AM
WOW is right!!!!!! Again thanks for all your great work and for this forum.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

DonnaD
10-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Christine and Joe,
Welcome home. Once again I am overwhelmed at what you do for this group. Thank you so much. I hope you had time to enjoy family and friends.

What a tribute to Shell. I did not know her. I am sure she would be pleased with the response and your plans for the use of the generous donations.

God Bless you both!
Donna

Sheila
10-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Christine and Joe
As always, thank you both for all you do for us....you have made a huge impact on many lives!

Carolyns
10-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Joe and Christine -

Happy tears! Thank you so much for making a difference!

Carolyn

caya
10-10-2007, 08:01 AM
I will add my WOW!! Joe to you and Christine.
You are truly an inspiration to us all. When I was dx in October 2006, this website was truly a G-dsend for me.

all the best
caya

mts
10-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Joe and Christine,

You two are an awesome team !!!

Thankyou for all you.

Maria

RhondaH
10-10-2007, 08:47 AM
THE BEST!!!!

Rhonda

Jyber
10-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Thank you SO much for your work, Joe & Christine. You will never know how many you have helped.

Re Shell, it turns out she lived very near me in PA. I only realized this when her name was shared on this forum and then I saw the article about her in our local paper which mentioned her request for donations to this group. What a strong and gracious lady she was!! Although I never knew her, I feel for the loss.

hutchibk
10-10-2007, 09:11 AM
That is wonderful Joe and Christine. I look forward to dinner in San Antonio!

Shell had some amazing friends. She is in our hearts.

Donna
10-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Dear Joe and Christine,

Thank you so very much for all you do on our behalf! You are amazing!

I was wondering if there is a way we can contact Shell's family to let them know how much she meant to us. I was so in awe of her accomplishments when I read the articles about her - this is a side of our family we don't usually get to see - until it's too late. Any ideas?

Thanks again, have a great day!

Donna

Mary Anne in TX
10-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Amazing, truly amazing!
Amazing that Shell's friends not only respected and loved her, but they carried through with her wishes to show their love. I sure hope she's dancing in heaven as she watches!

And once again Christine, you and Joe, are rocking this ol' world of BC with your commitment, kindness and charm! Thank you ever so much for being exactly who you are and for blessing all of us!
Mary Anne

Mary Jo
10-10-2007, 11:22 AM
It can't be said often enough - you two are definitely the best and thanks goes out from the bottom of my heart.

Mary Jo

jones7676
10-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Great news, and thank you for all you do!

Gina
10-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi, Joe, Hi, Christine...

That is FABULOUS..so sorry I missed catching up with you...sure our paths will cross again...

Best of luck for much continued success--no one deserves it more!!!

Gina

rinaina
10-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Let me add my thanks to the many already given. I can't stop talking about both of you to everyone. It takes a special person or people to be this vested in helping others. Both of you truly are amazing. Thank you for all you do and have done for so many and for keeping her2 awareness a priority along with other bc.

With much admiration and respect,
Rina

Brenda_D
10-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I really am glad there's someone out there speaking up for us. Kudos to Joe and Christine for a job well done.

Vanessa
10-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Magnificant news! When is the luncheon in San Antonio?

Barbara H.
10-10-2007, 04:46 PM
This is certainly great news. My daughter is trying to donate to this website through her work and hopes they will accept it. It would be great if we could organize a get together somewhere near Boston in the northeast. Since I teach and have to have weekly treatments it is difficult for me to get away. Nevertheless, I would love to go to one of those meetings.
Barbara H.

sassy
10-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks for all you do Christine and Joe!

SusieQ
10-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Great news!!!! Thank you!!!

Esther
10-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Wow is right! How awesome that your presence made such an impact at those meetings.

Thanks for speaking up on our behalf.

Barbara2
10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks from me, too, for all you do. You have been a blessing to so many.

kathleen.beavis@post.harv
10-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Ann-Michele Higgins (Shell) is my sister. She was a wife and a mom to two daughters in fifth and seventh grade. She practiced maritime law and argued a case in front of the Supreme Court last January. Ann-Michele was very quiet about her illness; she did not want colleagues, friends and neighbors to view and treat her as ill. Many, many thanks to all the members on the website who walked along with her. Kathleen

Catherine
10-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Joe and Christine,

Thank you for all you do to get the Breast Cancer message out. Your dedication to share our information will help all cancer patients and the scientists that are working so hard.

This site means so much to me and I am so grateful to participate on it.

Sincerely, Catherine Davis

Lolly
10-11-2007, 02:21 PM
You two really are an inspiration to the HER2+ world!

<3 Lolly

R.B.
10-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks Joe for all you do and your continuing consistent efforts.

I am sure it does not all go smoothly.

RB

lexigirl
10-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Dear Joe and Christine,

Thanks again for all you do. You have given us her2 bc patients a face and a value. DC definitely needs to see the real families that are dealing with this disease every day.

Lexi

ita
10-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Thank you for keeping all of us in the know. God only knows where we would have been without you and your unyielding efforts.

Forever grateful,
Ita

Patb
10-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Thank you again and over and over for everything you do. The more we
can all support each other and get the word about Her-2 out the better
it will be. Thanks
patb

BonnieR
10-11-2007, 05:52 PM
To Shell's sister Kathleen. I am fairly new here but it is my understanding that Shell was the source of much of support and comfort to many people on this board and will be greatly missed. And her spirit remains with us.

TSund
10-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Dear Joe,

Ruth had her surgery this morning and I sit in her room at Baylor Hospital (Dallas) with so many overwhelming thoughts. I am so grateful to so many. Thank-you. I would be glad to help in any way we can.

Thank-you for all that you do.

Terri

StillHere
10-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Christine and Joe,
I don't know how you both are able to do it, but PLEASE keep doing what you do so well! We all are forever thankful for all the time and energy this must surely take. Big (Hugs) and *Kisses* to you both.

It is time for our planned giving where I work. Is there any format we should follow to donate to our non-profit site? I always thought about the "in leiu of flowers" to HER2 Support Group when the time comes, but I didn't think about how I could contribute through my bi-monthly program at work until I read Barbara H's post.

tousled1
10-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Joe & Christine,

Thank you for going to DC and thank you for everything you do to bring awareness to so many about HER2 breast cancer. I don't know what I'd do without this site and the wonderful women here.

Bev
10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Kathleen, So sorry about your loss. I'm glad your sis found comfort here and was able to help others. Looking forward to the day when they eradicate this disease. Thank you and your friends for your support.

Thank you Joe and Christine as well.

Bev

Soccermom
10-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Joe and Christine,
Another admirer yours for caring enough to do this research/travel etc not for yourselves ,but for all of the Her2 community,
Warmly and in gratitude,Marcia

tammymarie1971
10-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I have to echo what everyone else has said Thank you from me and my family as well!
Tammy

G. Ann
10-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Christine & Joe,
Sending my gratitude for your time, effort, and computer smarts on our behalf. The website and accurate information is a lifeline. It has made a world of difference since I was diagnosed in 2004.
Thanks again for all you do!
G. Ann

fauxgypsy
11-21-2007, 09:25 AM
I am self employed and my schedule is somewhat flexible, with the exception of the Herceptin treatments every three weeks. I would be interested in attending a meeting representing the Her2 Support group at some point. Please let me know when I can be of some help.

Leslie