PDA

View Full Version : Considering supplements? Be careful...

Gerri
10-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Note of caution from the FDA in the current Cure magazine for those undergoing treatment and considering supplements.

http://www.curetoday.com/currentissue/departments/food/index.html

hutchibk
10-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks for posting this Gerri, this is why I always warn those currently in treatment to be very careful and to consult with an expert before jumping into some supplements that can either interfere with chemo or negatively interact with chemo, making side effects worse, which is the exact opposite of why we want to take them. My nutritionist warned me about the intereferences and interactions a couple of years ago.

Gerri
10-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks Brenda for you comments. I think sometimes in our quest to become as healthy as we can we don't stop to think that things that are 'natural' are not necessarily good for us. Herbal supplements are not regulated by the FDA therefore there is no way to determine exactly what is in a product. I think the most important message of all is to consult a professional before incorporating herbs and supplements into our daily regimen. Always keep your onc in the loop!