PDA

View Full Version : I'm practically giddy, brain MRI was clear!

Mary Anne in TX
10-09-2007, 02:28 PM
How fun was that call this afternoon from the clinic to have the nurse tell me that my MRI was clear...normal (we laughed about that). I feel like it's Christmas! I started on blood pressure meds yesterday after treatment with herceptin. It was 170/91 when I arrived at the clinic. He immediately put me on meds for my blood pressure and got me in for an MRI at 5:30.
Then my call this afternoon. My headache is gone and I am so excited to have a "normal" (no, it's never really been normal), clear reading. And an added bonus...my insurance which isn't accepted at this scan, MRI clinic talked them into paying for 1/2. What a treat! What a day! I am soooooooooo grateful! And bestest of all, dinner with my son and his family last night. Hugs from my 4 year old grandson made my day just perfect! I am so blessed. Time to pick up my 8 year old granddaughter and share my good news with her. She didn't like the idea that I might have "brain problems"!!! She'll be glad to know her grandma is still in the race!
Love to all, mary anne

caya
10-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Great news Mary Anne!! What a relief...

all the best
caya

Jean
10-09-2007, 02:34 PM
So happy to read your news.
Hugs,
jean

Jeanette
10-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Great news Mary Anne. Hugs, Jeanette

Faith in Him
10-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Wonderful news, Mary Anne. I'm so happy for you. Time to celebrate.

lexigirl
10-09-2007, 02:44 PM
That's great news!! I am relieved for you, too!

Hugs,
Lexi

dhealey
10-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Wonderful news Mary Anne. It feels good to celebrate something so good.

Debra
10-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Mary Anne -

That is great news!! Your post sounds like you are on cloud 9, as it should!

mslinda
10-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Congratulations Mary Ann. What great news. You have a right to be giddy.

Linda
S. Mississippi

Grace
10-09-2007, 04:30 PM
So happy for you. I had a similar call a few months and cried with happiness, so I know how you're feeling--wish it could be bottled and sold! Great!

Margerie
10-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Congrats Mary Anne!!!!

I get my brain MRI Thursday and I hope mine is "normal" too! I think they told me my last one was "unremarkable" and I have never been so happy to be unremarkable before.

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Mary Anne, Fabulous news! Well done! I can sense your energy, jumping right off the board and bouncing around my house as I type. Thanks for sharing. You go girl...

Andi

tousled1
10-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Mary Anne,

That's wonderful news! Your excitement comes through on your post! Now relax and do something nice for yourself.

Mary Jo
10-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Aww Mary Anne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. I know the feeling and you are right - it is like Christmas.

Continuing running the race - loving with all your might and enjoying every breath you are given.

Love & Peace,

Mary Jo

Chelee
10-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Mary Anne, That's fantastic news! :) Don't you just love that good news. Now you can totally relax and enjoy. I'm really happy for you.
I'm like Margerie....I just LOVE the word "unremarkable". Never thought I would like to be referred to like that...but I tell my onc every time I see her for scan results I better hear my *favorite* word...which she know's is "unremarkable".

Chelee

chrisy
10-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a great day all around. I never though you were normal, you're extraordinary. But I'm glad there is nothing in your head.

Much love
Chris

Mary Anne in TX
10-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I think I need to wrap this day and yesterday up in beautiful paper and ribbon and save for another day! I want to remember this feeling and be able to pull it out on days when things are not so wonderful. I want to remember Blake's precious hugs, Ayden's and my son's relief and joy that I was ok, and most of all your rejoicing with me that the battles and "bad days" are worth the reward of days like these! I'm so grateful for no brain mets in my ol' head and for cyber friends who matter more than I ever thought possible. I wish you all a giddy day as I have had. God bless this site and the awesome victors who frequent it's pages! You are a special breed, one to carry in my heart and mind all the days of the year. Thank you for being there when my pains were almost too much to stand, and today when I was celebrating a wonderful success. Only those who have taken this roller coaster ride could understand the joy of eyelashes growing, pain receeding, and MRIs declared "unremarkable" as the best of the best in life! Thank you, Mary Anne

Becky
10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I am so happy for you. Now you can rest easy (and you probably don't need that bp med anymore either).

Yorkiegirl
10-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah Mary Ann this is wonderful news.

lilyecuadorian
10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
what a good news ...we need this real mental-spiritual therapy everyday ...thanks

Bev
10-09-2007, 08:33 PM
What a nice thought about saving that feeling for another day. If only we could bank it and lend it sometimes. Maybe we are. Enjoy the moment. Congrats, Bev.

fauxgypsy
10-09-2007, 08:42 PM
It is so good to hear good news. You go, girl!

Leslie

jones7676
10-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Wonderful to read about another success - may the trend continue.

madubois63
10-10-2007, 04:37 AM
Isn't it nice to have nothing in your head?? I am so very glad to read your post!!! Time to celebrate...Woohoo!!
With love, Maryann

Mary Anne in TX
10-10-2007, 09:57 AM
MaryAnn it's wonderful having nothing in my head....though my family reminded me that it's been that way forever!!!

And Bev, I totally believe that this "gang of heroes" is exactly like an album of photos that we can take out and relook at any and every time we need to!

We're hard-headed, courageous, shy, bold, well, you know....all those things and everything else too! I love the fights, the love fests, the tears, the joy, the confusion, and the searching to help someone we'll never meet! It's the blessing in BC!
Mary Anne

Believe51
10-10-2007, 10:20 AM
I think that the girls here have released me from my own protection. At one point I was told to stay away from high places (so I would not jump!! Tehehehe!!) and I am on parole now.

So I will stand in a high place and rejoice loudly my pleasure from your update.

Can 'ya hear me now?????>>Believe51

Vic
10-10-2007, 01:57 PM
That's wonderful, Mary Anne. Now, go hug that little grandchild of yours and celebrate this and each and every day.

XO,

Vicki Z