PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin seminar

Brenda_D
10-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I signed up for a Genentech sponsored seminar to be held in St. Louis, MO. at the end of this month.
Now I have to talk hubby into taking me. Lol

DonnaD
10-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Brenda,
I to have signed up for a seminar by Genentech in N. IL. It is Oct 24, in Elk Grove, Village near Chicago.

Eager to see what it is all about and learn.
Donna

Sheila
10-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Donna
I signed up for that too...see, we will get together and not at chemo this time!!!!!

StephN
10-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Someone tell us more.
Is there a web site with a listing of locations?
Or did you find out at your cancer clinic?

I go in tomorrow and will nose around for anything posted about such a seminar.

DonnaD
10-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I think the website was listed here. It is Herceptin.com
From there go to Her Story Program and you can sign up on line. A few days after I signed up I got a bag from them. A nice surprise. I got a postcard in the mail telling of the seminar.

Sheila it will be nice to see you outside the treatment room! Wonder if anyone else will be going from the surrounding area we know.

Brenda_D
10-10-2007, 03:51 AM
http://www.herceptin.com/herceptin/patient/herstory/map.jsp

Just click on the state.

I got a postcard, and it says the seminars are free.

StephN
10-10-2007, 04:44 AM
Thanks ladies -
Looks like they are starting the HerStory program back east and midwest. Nothing in the Rockies or west yet.
Have to check back in a couple of months and see where else is listed.

Gina
10-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi, folks,

Yes, I registered for the one this weekend at the KeyBridge Marriot off of RT 29 in Arlington...looking forward to it...

Gina

AlaskaAngel
10-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Ah yes, there it is, the map of the USA that Alaskans and Hawaiians know oh so well... They even have a side note for those who are not "residents of the USA"....

Could someone who attends the seminars provide Genentech with a map that includes Hawaii and Alaska, just in case they think we are still territories?

From the largest state in the Union,

ALASKA Angel

Sheila
10-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Alaska Angel
That does really bite to be treated like an outsider...I will let them know when I go here in Illinois!!!!

Brenda_D
10-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I kind of know the feeling. I quit looking for events for most BC things in IL, since they seem to think the only city in IL is Chicago. Lol

But at least I'm close to St. Louis,MO.

Really, maybe they just don't have enough participants in those 2 states, and you can speak up and BE the one that shares the story?

When I first found out I had BC, I asked about a local support group. There's no such thing. I would have to go 50 miles away, when I was barely making it the few blocks to chemo every 3 weeks.
Later I asked the local cancer association about a support group and they told me there's no interest in one.
Darned shame, I think.

AlaskaAngel
10-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks, Sheila and Brenda,

With a population of 260,000 in Anchorage alone according to the 2000 census, if Genentech doesn't think there are enough participants in Alaska to put us on the map maybe they need to check their marketing strategies?

There are times these days when perhaps being a citizen of the USA has a tarnished quality to it, but for now we are part of the whole, working toward better days.

AlaskaAngel

jones7676
10-10-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm going to see if I can go to the seminar on the 24th in Chicago. My doc apps are Monday the 22nd - and as long as I don't have a "procedure" going on that day I hope to go and meet some of the people from this site. Thanks for the info