PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very sick to my stomach

Emmasmom2
10-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a long time. I do frequent the site often and gain so much strength from all of you.

I was diagnosed in Nov. 03 with Stage IIIA, Her+++, ER-/PR+. I have been feeling great and all of my scans have been clear. I am scheduled for my 6-month bone/body CT scans this month. About 7 days ago I started feeling very nauseous. It is fairly constant every day. I am a nervous wreck that something could be wrong. My only hope is that I ate something bad in Mexico (I was in Mexico when this all started), however, I have not had any other side effects besides this. I am only 37 years old, could it be hormonal.

I called my onc and we are going to schedule scans immediately. This is the first time in a long time that I have felt incredibly scared and very alone. No one seems to understand my fears.

thank you for listening!

Sheila
10-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Emmasmom
You are right in wanting to find the cause, and any change alarms us, but this sounds very digestive in nature, and is very probably due to something you ingested in Mexico...drinking or eating...it could be parasitic...try to get the scans done, keep yourself hydrated, eat small amounts of soda crackers, tea and dry toast or even the BRAT diet for a couple days...(bananas, rice , applesauce and tea & toast.) Hoping this clears up soon.

hutchibk
10-09-2007, 08:00 AM
I am betting on parasites from being in Mexico. A good friend of mine just came back and ate really healthy while there, but still ended up with nausea and eventually some diahrrea (she was green for 2 weeks) and it was digestive issues due to parasites...

lilyecuadorian
10-09-2007, 08:12 AM
maybe is the water ...in mexico or some places on south america there is a lot of parasites, virus and bacterias ...but is less quemicals than north

sandy truett
10-09-2007, 08:26 AM
hopefully just nerves concerning your upcoming scan

DonnaD
10-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Emmasmom,
You are never alone here. And your feelings of being scared, we have all experienced them and understand completely. You have already gotten some good advice from our "sister" Sheila.

Good luck with the scans and keep us informed. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Donna

Believe51
10-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Remember one thing: You Are Never Alone Here!! I will keep you close to heart & prayer and shall be sending positive thoughts out to you. Hoping that it is a reprecussion of Mexico!!>>Believe51

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi there Emmasmom,

Sounds gastro intestinal from water/food (even ice cubes or fruits washed in water) probably in Mexico. I know every thing scares us to tears, but this sounds unrelated to bc to me. I can't believe we're all rooting for an intestinal virus, but honestly that is what it sounds like. So sorry about the nausea. I hate that. It's the worst!

I find Phenergan helps a lot. Kytril doesn't work for me, or the other more commonly used anti-nausea med. Use whatever med works for you to get some relief. However, I think you need to make an appt w/a gastro doc and see if you need antibiotic. Hope this passes soon. NO MORE CANCER. BE WELL AND HEALTHY! Give that message to your body loud and clear...

Glad you came to us w/your fears, as we all have been there, too many times. It's a natural knee-jerk reaction once you've been where we have. The fear factor is reality we deal with as best we can. But doesn't sound warranted in this case to me. May you soon be feeling good and past this bug thing. Please keep us all posted, as now we are investing our thoughts and prayers with you for a quick resolution.

With loving, healing energy to you,
Andi

Chelee
10-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Emmasmom, I'm betting on this being caused from you recent visit to Mexico too. I've known two people over the years that got ill after their visit there. I would like to say not to panic...but I can so relate to how your feeling. But I really do believe this is related to your trip. I'm glad you came here to share because your right...we do understand your fears. Our families mean well but they just don't totally get it. But *try* to relax a little..easier said then done. It seems we all think its due to your trip and what was digested in Mexico. I hope you never feel alone...we are all here for you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Chelee

lexigirl
10-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Emmasmom,

I hope you are feeling better and your upset tummy has passed. It is always scary when we have something out of the ordinary come up. Back before bc we never would have thought twice about it. You are right to be cautious, although I bet you are a-okay!

Hugs,
Lexi

dhealey
10-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Emmasmom,

Sorry you are feeling so bad and alone. BC is a scary disease and makes us so paranoid when we are not feeling well. Always afraid cancer cells are lurking somewhere. These are all normal feelings. I am also betting it was from your trip to Mexico. Saying some extra prayers for you to find some calm and feel better soon. I too feel alone with this disease sometimes, but when I come on the board and read the posts or post myself that feeling goes away as we are all in the same boat.

Sending you some positive thoughts.

Bev
10-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Mexico kicked my butt. It was more than nauseau. Abdominal cramps, sweating and running to the bathroom.
Hang in there. Nauseau doesn't seem to be a BC met thing so maybe your scans will show you're OK. Keep us posted.

bashmaz
10-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Has your doctor set up any scans yet? How's the nausea? Hope you are feeling better and that it was a Mexican bug - and that it has moved on.

Sending healing thoughts,
Marianne

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Emmasmom -- HOW ARE YOU? You're on my mind. What's happening with you? Feeling any better. I pray!

ANDI

Emmasmom2
10-15-2007, 04:41 AM
Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I had bone and a CT scan on Thursday. Unfortunately, I didn't reach anyone in my Dr.'s office on Friday so I had a very anxious weekend. I have felt better the last two days.

I am hoping to find out the results today. Please cross your fingers!

Thanks for listening

Lisa

Sheila
10-15-2007, 05:11 AM
Lisa
I pray everything will be fine with your bone scan and CT....