PDA

View Full Version : uterine cancer risk???

mom22girlz
10-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I was diagnosed with bc in 2006 when I was 47 years old. I was stage 1, ER and PR + and her2+. I did not have chemotherapy. I started tamoxifen about a year and a half ago and have had about 6 periods during that time. About 2 weeks ago, I had a period and it hasn't stopped yet. In my whole life, I have never had a period last longer than 5 days. Prior to my use of tamoxifen, I still had very regular periods. I called the Dr. and he said that I should monitor the situation and in three weeks, I should come in for a uterine bioposy. Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to overreact, but I feel scared inside. Thanks. susan

Becky
10-05-2007, 08:26 PM
This exactly happened to me. Two periods in a row. Both lasted about 3 weeks and the first week, I bled profusely. I didn't even bother to use a tampon - pointless. I had to use super duper overnight pads and change them every hour (or else). I had a uterine biopsy too and everything was fine even though my uterine lining was 15 mm when the norm is less than 5mm. My gyne and onc were worried sick and I wanted to remove my ovaries for countless reasons (paternal grandmother died of ovarian cancer - that was the biggest reason). So, I removed them. I was also on Tamoxifen at the time of these super periods. Then, I talked to one of my sisters who I am not that close with. She does not have bc. She is 2 years younger than me and she tells me she is having super periods too and her gyne is monitoring as it is the way some women go through menopause. Then my very best friend (and chemosaube) tells me the same. So if you look it up - some women get super bloody and long periods as they are going through menopause. I would check your uterus out via ultrasound at your gyne to be sure, but I suspect you are in the "lucky" group to bleed practically to death before the menopause is completed.