PDA

View Full Version : "Acidophilus & Bifidus"/TYKERB/XELODA

Joanna S
10-02-2007, 07:08 PM
First of all please let me thank my friend StephanyN. for introducing me to this web site. My thanks also to Lolly for helping me with information when I recently was newly diagnosed with cutaneous breast cancer [skin cancer to my right lymphedimic arm].

I am currently on TYKERB/XELODA, since 8/28/07. I too have experienced "horrrrrific" diarrea for a few days initially upon starting the medication. I took immodium, but it only helped for a while. I thought I would have to give up the new medication! Then, my son suggested to me that since the new medication was "eliminating" all of the good bacteria from my intestins, that I should take Acidophilus/Bifidus to reintroduce "good bacteria' into the intestins; It was like magic: within a couple of days I was better, and have been since. I now take one Acidophilus/Bifidus capsule 30 minutes after my lunch each day and I tolerate the new cancer med beautifully. [I take TYKERB at late night, and XELODA 30 minutes after breakfast and 30 minutes after dinner].
I hope this will help some of you that have and/or are experiencing the above "horrrrific" problem from TYKERB/XELODA that I experienced. Please let me if I was of any help to you. Joanna S

fauxgypsy
10-03-2007, 04:34 PM
I drank about 4 bottles of Danactive yogurt each week while I was on chemo and it really helped me. I think that it really did boost my immune system as they advertise, as well. I hate taking pills so I was glad that the yogurt helped.

Leslie