PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC Update

Joe
10-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Christine spoke today at the AdvaMed 2007 conference and received a fantastic ovation. She not only spoke for herself but for all of the patients who are HER2 positive about the need for advanced treatment and tests for accurate diagnosis and monitoring cancer status.

One thing that was bought up by another speaker. The government only spends $4.00 per woman annualy on breast cancer research. The American Cancer Society's latest statistics state that one out of eight women will develop breast cancer so a whopping $32.00 is spent per breast cancer patient.

And now: Christine and I have decided to visit old friends in New Jersey and Christine's 92 year old aunt in Smithtown, New York. We will be returning to California on the 9th. Our email will be sporadic, but we will eventually answer everyone's email and solve every problem. So please be patient. It is our first real vacation since Christine had a recurrence in 1999.

Regards
Joe

lilyecuadorian
10-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Please enjoy your vacation, We will have a good behaiver while yor both are in vacation ... you both well deserve this break

Mary Jo
10-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Once again, thank you both for all you do for each of us. You two truly are God's angels from Heaven and we love and appreciate you both.

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY your vacation together. You deserve it.

Love, hugs and God's continued blessings on your lives together.

Mary Jo

Sheila
10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Joe and Christine
Thank you both for all you do...enjoy, relax, you are so deserving!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Anne in TX
10-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Have a spectacular time!!!!

MCS
10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
yes on all counts.

I'm very scared about future cancer research and government paid insurance. it really scares me but that's politics and I don't want to talk about this here, we have enough problems

I'm so gald that you are taking time to visit family. Aunt that is 92? god bless her!!

the very best of trip for both of you.

mca maria

Ceesun
10-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Christine and Joe, You are real lifesavers and "soul savers" have FUN!!! Hugs, Cathy aka Ceesun

DonnaD
10-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Christine and Joe,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

We will be fine for a little while without you. Have a wonderful time and enjoy friends and family.
Donna

Bev
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for all your hard work. ENJOY your well deserved vacation. Bev

tousled1
10-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Joe and Christine, I hope you enjoy your vacation. You certainly deserve some time off.

Esther
10-01-2007, 11:29 PM
That's awesome Christine! It sounds like it was a great opportunity to spread the word on all of us stage 4 metsters that are still around.

Thanks for focusing the spotlight on us. Enjoy your vacation!

mts
10-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Joe and Christine,

You two are awesome !

Thank you for all you do for us !

Maria