PDA

View Full Version : Send Good Thoughts

Becky
10-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Well, yesterday I did my self exam a day early (getting no period anymore so I do it on the first) and discovered a lump in my left DCIS breast near the edge of the lumpectomy hole. I was just at my onc Sept 7. Luckily, I was able to see him today at 11am and he said that "it" wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. He thinks it might be a cyst but we can take no chances so I am getting a mammo and ultrasound tomorrow.

Think of me because I am scared again. It feels like a nodule and very much like the right side that was invasive. Hopefully not as this 3mm nothing (low grade DCIS, ER+PR+, Her2 neg) would raise its ugly head (had wide (2cm) margin lumpectomy and NO radiation). The "girls" are problematic and it may come time to be "off with their heads" for acting up on me again.

The medical technologist at the Cancer Center also teaches Reiki there. She said, "don't put your energy where you don't want it to be". Good advice but I know you all know that it is much easier said than done. I will let you know tomorrow what happens but please pray for me today.

Julie2
10-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Becky,

Sending good thoughts and wishing it is nothing other than a cyst.

Julie

Mary Anne in TX
10-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Becky!
I'll surely be praying for you and wishing that the "good thoughts" fairy grabs hold of your mind til you have your answers! ma

Sheila
10-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Becky
Sending prayers that this is just a pesky cyst...I know how nerve racking this can be...sending a hug and love

Mary Jo
10-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Dear Becky,

I have already prayed and will continue to. You are right in saying, it is much easier to say "don't worry" than to actually not worry.

Holding you close!

May God's Peace surround you,

Mary Jo

DonnaD
10-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Becky,
Many will be thinking and praying for you today and tomorrow. Yes, positive thoughts, but we all know how hard that is.

Please keep us informed dear sister.
Donna

Brenda_D
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Sending good thoughts to you, Becky.
I hope it's nothing.

tricia keegan
10-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Becky does this ever end??? I'm sorry you're worried again but sending you all my best wishes for benign results.

lilyecuadorian
10-01-2007, 12:52 PM
count on me for the pray side ....we need you very much I'll thinking about you ....

RhondaH
10-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Done!!!! Prayers are with you.

Rhonda

kareneg
10-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Dear Becky,

Sending you my well wishes you are in my thoughts and prayers!

karen raines hunt
10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Becky,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers until we hear that "everything is ok."

Karen

caya
10-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Becky,

I am sending positive thoughts your way that it is nothing more than a cyst. I am very sorry that you have to go through this worry.

Let us know as soon as you can.

all the best
caya

KellyA
10-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Becky,

I am sorry that you are having to go through this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Kelly

Lolly
10-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Awwww, Becky. I am keeping good thoughts for you, and praying it's all going to be ok. Hang in there.

<3 Lolly

Believe51
10-01-2007, 01:30 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers Today, Tomorrow and Always.>>Believe51

Marlys
10-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Becky,
I will pray and hold you close. We love you!
Marlys

BonnieR
10-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Becky, you are always here with a reassuring thought for the rest of us. Time to send it back to you.
I am understanding what the instructor told you about putting your energy out there. I know it is difficult but I TRY to practice not getting upset until I know for SURE it is warrented. There will be plenty of time down the road to worry if you have to. But right now, you are still in an information gathering mode. As you have often told us, there can be many explainations for the what is going on, so let's think of it as a bump in the road for the time being.......

Ruth
10-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Becky ~ Sending you good and positive thoughts!

Ruth

Hopeful
10-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Becky,

You are in my thoughts. Best of luck to you.

Hopeful

Cynthia
10-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Becky,

I join the others in wishing you only good news tomorrow and forever. We are all in this together.

Cynthia

Christine
10-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Becky,
We will all be here supporting you as you see it through and we will all be praying that it turns out to be benign.

Hugs as always,
Christine

Margerie
10-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Awww I hate lumps! Won't even eat cream of wheat anymore. So sorry you have to go thru this. LOL "off with their heads" I hope the girls are behaving and this is a benign bump in the road. Will be thinking of you and kudos for being so proactive!

Grace
10-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Becky,

You're always such a rock for everyone on the board and we all owe you so much. I'm hoping your doctor is right and it's a cyst. But if not, it will turn out fine. I just feel it in my bones. You're so deserving of the best.

Keeping everything I own, crossed.

Carolyns
10-01-2007, 04:27 PM
B 9 ... you are in my prayers! Self exams...we sure know our bodies!

I pray that it is nothing and that it will resolve on it's own. I am putting my energy into that thought but glad that you are getting the tests anyway.

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyn

Barbara H.
10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Becky,
I'm so sorry to hear this news. You are certainly in my thoughts and I hope you hear positive news.
Barbara H.

MCS
10-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh Becky,

Our sister and our support for so many things and times.

We are all with you. Yes please post as soon as you can, because we worry right along with you.

I will say a prayer to Sacred Heart tonight ( i'm catholic) for you

I'm scared for you as well.

XOXO

mcs ( maria)

Jean
10-01-2007, 05:27 PM
My Dear Friend Becky,
Please don't be thinking like the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland!
Let's continue to have positive thoughts. I know it is easier said then
done. You know that you will have all my prayers! Since it sprung up
so fast from now where....it more than likly is a cyst.

Sending you much love, prayers and hugs,
Jean

Linda
10-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi Becky:
Here's hoping for a huge sigh of relief tomorrow. We all know what this is like. Waiting for the good news...
Linda

Becky
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
You are all such wonderful friends. I just have to say thank you, thank you, thank you. I will let you know what happens tomorrow. It is so great to have a place to go where there is always someone who will be there for you no matter what.

Love to you all

MCS
10-01-2007, 06:14 PM
take some ativan, ambien too

mcs maria

Ceesun
10-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Becky-Same here, you are so good to all of us and I appreciate your thoughts and comments when I post. Prayers and good wishes....fighting the DCIS 2mm battle myself..... Cathy aka Ceesun

Leslie's sister
10-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Becky:

As you can see by the number of posts on this board, you are highly thought of and well loved. I am praying now, Becky. May our wonderful Father in heaven continue to bless you, just as you have been a blessing to all of us.

Liz J.
10-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Dear Becky,

I am and will continue to pray for you. You are a strong lady and have always been so helpful and uplifting. I always tell my husband that someday I want to meet you. I am in Brooklyn N.Y. We are not a million miles from eachother. When all this is behind you lets try to "do lunch" as they say. Praying for all good things for you.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Barbara2
10-01-2007, 06:59 PM
You are in my prayers for good health and that what you have found is not cancer. Remember that cysts do come and go. The fact that it was not there a couple of weeks ago could be a good thing... that it is just a cyst that has temporarily appeared.

Before learning that I had breast cancer, the "cyst" that the surgeon and I were keeping an eye on did not change nor did it go away (over a period of about 3 weeks). He said "this concerns me because nothing has changed." A cyst will typically come and go.

I had 2 mastectomies, and can still feel what I hope are "cysts." I have had my worry hat on lately so have been checking the breasts more frequently and have noticed that in places, I can still feel a few of the same things that were in my dense breast tissue.

sassy
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Becky,

We are all right there, holding your hand and walking each step with you. Praying for "nothing".

Vanessa
10-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I am so sorry you are having to worry again. You are in my thoughts and prayers. We will be waiting to hear the results. Best wishes.

Soccermom
10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
((((((((((Becky))))))))))),
Sending the strongest positive vibes for a very benign report tomorrow! This so st*nks and I am sorry you have to spend one day being worried...we all "get it" as you well know!

Marcia

Karen W
10-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Becky,

Sending hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way. I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow... please let us know how things are asap.

Karen

Patricia
10-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Becky,
I am sorry that you have to worry about this, but I understand too. I had a post lumpectomy lump that was determined to be a cyst after biopsy and I understand the fear and games your mind can play. I hope you have the same result as I did - in the meantime stay strong and think in the positive direction. I am sending hugs and prayers your way sister. Let us know when you know more.

Hugs,
Patricia

chrisy
10-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Becky, I hope this is nothing - and will be praying for this to be so. Tell your girls to behave like ladies.

Much love
Chris

tousled1
10-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Becky,

I'm praying that this turns out to be nothing more than a cyst. No matter what anyone says I know you will worry until you find out what's going on and I really hope that it turns out to be nothing. The waiting to find out is always the worst part. You always send such positive energy to everyone and I'm hoping that you can feel the positive energy I'm sending your way. You are in my prayers.

Esther
10-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Becky any news yet on your tests? Hopefully it will just be a cyst that can be easily dealt with.

Of course all our thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

Chelee
10-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Becky, I'm hoping since it popped up that *fast* its nothing serious to be concerned with. It really makes me think it has to be a cyst of some kind to come up out of no where like that? However we all know how stressful these things can be.
I am so glad your doc is going to let you have a mammo and "US" right away verses making you wait. Please update us the minute you hear something. I am sending positive thoughts your way that. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...that's a promise! You hang in there. I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Chelee

sarah
10-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Becky,
Hope it's just a cyst but get it out and take some tissue around it because while the cyst may be benign, the tissue around it may have some sneaky cancer cells - I know of what I speak. Just be very sure. don't be scared, knowledge frees us. you will come through this. Better to find out early.
wishing you all the best
sarah

cafe1084
10-02-2007, 05:03 AM
All of my positive thoughts and prayers are all yours today.

mts
10-02-2007, 06:00 AM
Becky,

When it rains it pours... Huh ?
Amazing how we wish for cysts...
I do hope all turns out OK with you. Looks like both of us are biting our nails a bit today.

Warm hugs-

Maria

Emelie
10-02-2007, 07:13 AM
We are all hoping it is just a cyst and that it is a minor thing to deal with.
Waiting patiently for your positive report.
Sending good thoughts,
Emelie

KRISS
10-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Becky,
thinking and praying for you today. Will hold you in the white healing light until we hear all is well, Kriss

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Becky, From the moment I read your post I have been thinking and praying for good news for you! I agree, DON'T PUT YOUR ENERGY WHERE YOU DON'T WANT IT TO BE. I say -- DON'T GIVE YOUR POWER AWAY TO ANY ONE OR ANY THING. Don't even consider putting your energy into scary scenarios. What you think all day will determine how you feel -- and it will impact outcome.

You must be careful what you dwell on all day. When I have scary thoughts, I allow them, knowing you can't just suppress them. That isn't healthy. You must acknowledge them, experience them emotionally and thus HEAL them. Then, I always move on to replace those negative ponderings with NO! NO MORE CANCER. I WILL BE WELL AND HEALTHY. And, *that's* the message I send out into the Universe! Calling what I want to me, vs what I fear the most.

I AM WAITING FOR YOUR NEXT POST, WANTING TO HEAR YOUR NEWS. You are such a shining Light for all of us all the time. Let us all collect our energy for YOU now and call your desired results to you. We all love you for your wisdom, knowledge, caring and loving Spirit.

Sending happy energy your way,
Andi