PDA

View Full Version : Silly Little Thing, But I'm So Excited!!!!

KellyA
09-29-2007, 03:35 PM
I know that this seems so trivial, but it has been such a good day for me today and I just wanted to share. I got my very first haircut since chemo!! The pic shows my new do and it is with exactly 1 years worth of growth. It was very hard to go this long, and there were some nasty stages, but I think I like it now. Its funny, I look in the mirror and am starting to look "normal" again, but I still feel pretty badly most days- my back hurts alot and I am just exhausted every minute of the day. Hopefully that will get better with time. -But it sure is nice to have a "real" haircut!!

Love, Kelly

BonnieR
09-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Not silly at all!!! You earned that beautiful 'do'! I hope it boosts your spirits and you begin to feel every bit as great as you look!

tricia keegan
09-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Kelly it looks great, and represensts so much but only we who have been there know that!!
Congrats, I hope you keep surviving every day and enjoy these "milestones":)

Mary Anne in TX
09-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Hey Kelly! You are looking mighty fine, girl! I love your new hair cut. Looks so cute on you! And it is a BIG deal!!!!! Great to see your new do!!!!!

Joy
09-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Celebrate, celebrate, celebrate. That is not silly at all. Gettting the hair back is huge, it makes us feel normal again after not knowing what normal is! You look magnificent!

caya
09-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Kelly,

Love the new 'do - You look terrific. Gives hope to us that are still just a few months out from chemo.

all the best
caya

Mary Jo
09-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Kelly your haircut is simply BEAUTIFUL as YOU are! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Mary Jo

lilyecuadorian
09-29-2007, 07:18 PM
mas bonita ......

Bev
09-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Beautiful do. Your hair grows fast. No curls? I still have wild curls but they may be gone after the next cut and I think I'm a year ahead of you. Bev

KellyA
09-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Thanks everyone for the nice feedback- I never thought I'd get to this point! Yes, I did/do have curly hair (not as curly as at first), but my hairdresser straightened it out. Its always been very thick and frizzy, and always been a battle. Now, its still thick, but a lot finer and straightens much easier. A lot lighter too. She said she didn't have to foil it nearly as much. I asked her, "Are you sure that its lighter, and not just alot grayer?!" :-) Good grief, some days I feel like I skipped over forty years and I'm eighty!!!!! HA HA

Love, Kelly

Sheila
09-30-2007, 05:00 AM
Kelly
WOW...love the new hairdo! Gives me somethng to look forward to! The stress and pain of the last year does not show on your face at all....I have to agree with the others...marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tousled1
09-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Kelly,

You look absolutely beautiful!

Leslie's sister
09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Kelly:

You are truly beautiful!

Soccermom
09-30-2007, 05:37 PM
I agree, you are one Beautiful lady! May you enjoy hundreds more haircuts in the years to come !
Marcia

janet11
09-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Gad, love your hair! I've been waiting VERY anxiously to get to the point where I could have my first hair cut and style, but it's still too thin (*sigh*) now... 8 months after chemo. Yours looks so good -- it's giving me hope (*smile*).

Chelee
09-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Kelly, That looks really nice. I absolutely love your haircut. I've been meaning to get mine cut for a while now but haven't decided what to do with it? After looking at yours...I think I am going to get a move on and make an appt.
You said it may seen trival...HA! Having our hair back, and ENOUGH to actually do something with it...is no small thing. That is really a nice style on you...very flattering. You must feel like a million bucks. You go girl. :)

Chelee

Becky
09-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Your do looks wonderful. Its so nice to finally have a real style. The pix of me here is about 3 months after I could get a real style (time to update now I guess) but its so nice Kelly.

Especially when the "baby" hair is finally gone.

Beautiful hair on a beautiful girl.

MCS
09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Kelly,

You look so good!!!! Your do is very new and Victoria Beckman- except it looks better on you. Very pretty, try to keep the stares away

I had curls afterwards. When I got my first real cut after a year, my eyes swelled up with tears, could not hold it back. The lady who cut it, had also been the original that trimmed it short before it all fell off.

Lots of love.

maria

Vanessa
09-30-2007, 07:13 PM
You look great with your new haircut. Congratulations on your new milestone!

vickie h
09-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Kelly, You look FABULOUS! After losing my hair twice, and then thinning to almost nothing after Navelbine (all in almost 4 years) I am looking for a haircut as pretty as yours, and maybe even some color to boot! Love, Vickie

Belinda
09-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Kelly - your new do is gorgeous - and you look beautiful! Bx

harrie
09-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow Kelly, your hair looks absolutely fabulous!!! One yr, huh???? I was wondering when I might be needing my first haircut. Guess I still have about 8 more months to go....
Congratulations on your first haircut post-op!!! You are so pretty....
Maryanne

KellyA
10-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Oh my gosh, I just woke up and saw this. Thank you everyone so much. I am in tears with how wonderful everyone has been. You all have really made me feel very special. What a great way to start the day! AGAIN!! :-) Thank you for being so supportive!

Love, Kelly

DonnaD
10-01-2007, 06:09 AM
Kelly,
You look beautiful. Love the cut and color. I am still waiting for my hair to do something I want it to do. But I am not complaining it is real hair! Inspires all on this site that life can and will get back to normal.
Donna

Patricia
10-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Kelly,
You look beautiful! I love the new cut!

Hugs,
Patricia

Lolly
10-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Kelly, it looks great! I have "hair envy" :)

<3 Lolly

julierene
10-05-2007, 07:05 AM
You are a beautiful young lady!

Just out of curiosity, there are zillions of genetics to get tested, which one did you have done? I didn't fit the profile for many of the tests out there, but then a couple of years ago, we fit the profile for the p53 tumor suppressor gene. We were told we were in the clear 15 years ago under the same p53 testing. Testing is complicated. Just because they say they didn't find anything now, doesn't mean there isn't genetic factors. Being in the 30's and getting breast cancer, there is imho something genetic going on. Not to scare you, but I just hope to pass along some information that I wish I had known a LONG time ago before I started having children.

OK and now an even bigger question. Why does you back hurt? (Don't panic when you read my history!)

Love the new due! Julie