PDA

View Full Version : Tiptoe the Chinese hamster

PinkGirl
09-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi to all the Hamsterians

Tiptoe left my place this morning via Air Mail. She is on her way to Andi's home in Boca Raton, Florida. The next leg of her journey will be to Believe's home in Rhode Island. After that, her schedule is open.

I hope you will all keep me informed as to her whereabouts. I got a little attached to the rodent while she was here.

Hope you enjoy her Andi. The day before she left, we went out and had her ears pierced. So if anyone is wondering about buying her any gifts, she needs earrings. If it is hot there, she will also need sunglasses and a hat. She has her own sunscreen.

StillHere
09-30-2007, 01:07 AM
I would love to host our little foreign exchange rodent, TipToe. I won't dare tell her what my husband has been doing with all the chipmunks that are breeding like rabbits in our yard. I also think it would be great for her to get to Spain, Down Under, Japan, UK, etc. We definitely need to find out how to post pictures of her travels.

Joe can you give us a mini inservice on picture posting?

Mary Anne in TX
09-30-2007, 04:42 AM
Tiptoe will love her tour! We so need a picture of our little friend! Can't wait to see her new earrings. ma

PinkGirl
09-30-2007, 01:29 PM

I am trying to attach some pics of Tiptoe. I hope this works :)
One picture is of her the day she arrived here and I had a wine and
cheese party for her. The other one is of her using my computer.

Catherine
09-30-2007, 02:56 PM
I am sorry that Pinkie had to say goodbye to Tiptoe. But you know how hamsters like to stay on the move. I agree that she should see the world, but please do not send her away from the North American Continent before she has had time to visit me in Oregon. I am in no rush, but I can not have her visit anytime in the month of November, as we will be in Arizona. I am so glad that she has earrings, because she will feel more complete at the fancy restaurants where I hope to take her.

Have a safe journey, Tiptoe.
Catherine

jones7676
10-01-2007, 08:05 AM
I think that TipToe would like to visit Upper Michigan, she could meet my best friend. I would like to have a chance to have her come visit and view Lake Superior.......might have to take her ice fishing if she comes later in the winter! :-) May I have a turn?

PinkGirl
10-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Hamsterians:

Tiptoe will be in Florida and then in Rhode Island. I'm not sure where she'll go after that. I guess it will be up to Believe.

So far, the following people want her for a visit: Harrie in Hilo, MJo in Delaware, Still Here in Wisconsin, Mary Anne in Texas (I think she wants her), Catherine of Oregon (one of Henry Vlll's wives) and jones 7676 of Christmas.

I asked Tip how she wanted to arrange her schedule and she said that she was up for anything. So, Believe will have to choose someone and then we can keep looking back to this thread to see where she goes next. Anyone have a better idea?

Also, along the way, someone might have to get her a new journal. Remember - she's going to Andi and then to Believe...............the journal might be full after that :) :) :) Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Sheila
10-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Pink Girl
I think she might like to go to the Breast Cancer Symposium in Texas in December....I am willing to take her if she wants to meet Joe, Christine, Donna from IL, Becky, Me, Chrisy...wow, she could nail alot in one time...not to mention many famous Oncologists and all the Genentech Herceptin reps....

PinkGirl
10-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Wow.....I can see it now... a group photo with Joe, Christine, and all the sisters from the Board....with Tip wearing her best earrings and her little piece of pink hair that I gave her....might make the cover of Beyond magazine (which Tip likes to read). Good idea Sheila!!!

mts
10-01-2007, 09:33 AM
You guys are too funny...

I will keep a watchful eye on TipToe's travels...

If she ever wants to come back to sunny Florida, she is welcome to snuggle with me. I could take her to visit the largest rodent on earth- Mickey ! or better yet, Minnie...

Maria

hutchibk
10-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Tiptoe needs to come to Austin, TX!! Let me know her schedule, and I have a bedroom waiting. My cats will even play with her...

SusieQ
10-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Tiptoe......you and the spirt you carry is welcome in our home, anytime! The San Diego weather is fabulous and you will meet many wonderful people!

fauxgypsy
10-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Send me TipToe when she has an opening and I will paint her portrait.

Leslie

tricia keegan
10-01-2007, 12:38 PM
I can take Tip and think it may be beneficial for her to visit other country's,she should have an enquiring knowledgable mind for other cultures after all if she's expected to attend all these posh dinner's and hold good conversation with VIP's!! (I'm sure we have a few Irish words she'd soon pick up)...hey she can kiss the blarney stone too, I'm sure that would help.
If march suits her we can arrange for her to arrive on the 17th in time for the ST Patrick Day parade here:)
We have lots of little people in green with beards who'd love to meet her, it's rumoured they're quite wealthy with crocks of gold!!
P.S...for anyone who does'nt know the translation above is ..one hundred thousand welcomes tip!

Becky
10-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Well, if Tip makes it to San Antonio via Sheila, I will visit with her then. Let me know so I can make sure to bring her a present. We will try to get a picture of her with Dr. Slamon who is particularily fond of Chinese Hamsters ya know!

Marlys
10-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Include me in those who want TipToe to visit. Idaho is famous for more than potatoes but we are trying to keep that secret!!
Marlys

hutchibk
10-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Oh -she will be in San Antonio for the BCS? Cool, I can see her then. Maybe I can kidnap her and bring her to Austin to visit our Breast Cancer Resource Center and the LiveStrong/LAF offices here before sending her on to her next destination!

hutchibk
10-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh yeah - a high school mate of mine is a VP at Genetech in San Francisco... I think I should email him and tell him the story of Tiptoe - I think they would be thrilled to hear about our hamster mascot and might even be interested in having her visit! Could turn into a marketing tool for them...

Should I?

Sheila
10-01-2007, 05:15 PM
PinkGirl and Brenda and Becky and Chrisy and DonnaD
TipToe will be indulging in a chocolate martini if she goes to San Antonio with us!!!!

Patb
10-01-2007, 05:16 PM
If Tiptoe can come to Kentucky for the Kentucky Derby in May, that
would be great. She could meet a lot of famous horses, do horses love
hamsters? I could get her a jocky cap for the race.
patb

PinkGirl
10-02-2007, 06:48 AM
396You know, I didn't ask Tiptoe if she was intact. I just assumed that she still has her ovaries. Be careful with the Genentech people. I promised her a nice vacation - I didn't mention any surgery. As for the chocolate martinis, be careful with that too. This rodent cannot hold her booze very well.

PinkGirl
10-02-2007, 06:58 AM
I have been playing around with the attachments
and I don't know if the pictures are being posted.
I can see them, but I don't know if anyone else
can. Is it working? I've posted 3 pics of Tip.

Sheila
10-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Pink Girl
Oh yes they are showing up...it makes my day to see these...i am laughing my butt off! Looks to me that Tip Toe is a lush!

hutchibk
10-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Tiptoe should be fun to hang out with on the Riverwalk in San Antone. We'll need to keep a watchful eye on her, though - 'cause it looks like after a couple of margaritas, she could trip and fall in the river...

I think she may be a distant cousin of mine - I do the same thing after a Coors Light!

PinkGirl
10-02-2007, 11:40 AM

398Here are 2 more pics of Tip. The pictures are all in her journal and they are much larger and a better quality than these.

One is her helping me in the garden (picking carrots) and the other is one of her on the Her2Support site. She wanted to read about the people she's going to be visiting. She really is a nice little rodent

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Pinkie,

Did Tiptoe (the hamster) know how to click *the mouse*?? Tehehe... I will open a big bottle of Cabarnet and slice some of my new fav cheese *p'tit basque* for us to share.

I would just love to work in a visit to the chemo room. The patients and the nurses will be delighted by our mascot's presence, I know. I'm so excited...!

I warned my husband that a pckge would be arriving (and it isn't something from Bloomingdale's, which always freaks him out). He said, You better not open it in the house. (He was thinking REAL hamster.) I laughed, as he is a very sharp attorney. IT'S STUFFED!, I chortled. Then, he laughed too. (He thinks we're all nuts.) I think we're full of fun and spunk, which is the only way to survive and thrive!!

Will keep you posted on Tiptoe's big adventure.

HUGS TO Y'ALL,
Andi

IRENE FROM TAMPA
10-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I must have missed the post' about how Tip Toe started on her journey's but I would love to welcome her in my home. I haven't laughed so much in a while just reading what you ladies have posted.

I live in Tampa and we have our annual GASPARILLA PARADE in Feb. and if she is free to visit us then . maybe we can work on getting her on her own float. And of course take her down to our sunny beaches. I can get her a little bikini to go with some fabulous ear rings for those little pieced ears of hers.

Ladies this is such a fun board to belong to. It's good to see such a good sense of humor from so many of you in spite of everything.

I can't wait to see pictures of Tip Toe's journey's across the nation. What a fun idea Pinky..

Marlys
10-02-2007, 12:55 PM
When TipToe comes to Boise I can take her to an A.A. meeting if she feels she has a problem. However, that must be her decision and not ours. Only she can determine if she drinks too much! The people there will welcome her and will love her until she can love herself.
In the meantime she will probably continue to drink as she pleases, especially with all the encouragement she will be getting.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

PinkGirl
10-02-2007, 01:03 PM
That's a good idea Marlys. Maybe by the time she gets to Boise we will all have a better understanding of her drinking problem. She had spent a long time in transit before getting to my house. Maybe it was a combination of the jet lag and the beer (when beer is made for sale in Canada, the alcohol content goes way up). We'll have to watch her closely - maybe she's just a social drinker.

Jeanette
10-02-2007, 01:06 PM
I am going to Scotland for Christmas, Tip would be made very welcome. Might even get her a kilt so sha can enjoy Hogmany. Scottish New Years. Just keep me informed, Jeanette

DonnaD
10-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Can't wait to be in a photo shoot with TipToe in San Antonio. Chocolate Martinis you bet.

It is so good to laugh with tears!!!!. Thank you Pink gal!

hutchibk
10-02-2007, 07:22 PM
If necessary, I could contact the show Intervention on A&E and see if they would help us stage an hamtervention. We will see how she is in San Antonio, and make our decision after that.

julierene
10-02-2007, 08:13 PM
This is absolutely the funniest thing I have heard on this board yet! I love it! :)

hutchibk
10-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Since she's from China, maybe it's not a drinking problem at all... it might simply be lead or melamine poisoning, ya think?

Catherine
10-02-2007, 09:08 PM
I agree, I am laughing my butt off. As you know it is bigger now that I have been on Herceptin. (I appreciate that I can blame my overeating on Herceptin...oh well, last year was tough...and I am still celebrating that I made it through it).

Even though I want Tippy to visit me, I do not want to stand in the way of a trip to the beach, or queen of her own float, or a lap around the Kentucky Derby. I can see her now, doing that Princess wave. Maybe she will need to keep drinking so she does not get stage fright. AA can wait and so can heaven.

Pinkie, Tiptoe is even cuter than I imagined. I have had no problem seeing all of her pictures. Eventually, we might have to get one of her pictures airbrushed.

Catherine (one of Henry's wives) in Oregon

PinkGirl
10-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I apologize for the poor quality of the pics of Tiptoe. I have no idea how to get a good picture uploaded. It always tells me that the pictures have too many KB's or pixels or MB's. I set my camera on the lowest setting, and they still come out too high. So, I have been printing the pictures small, and then scanning them. That's why they are so fuzzy. I have no idea how I managed to upload my avatar picture. It was taken with the same camera, but for some reason it was okay. I've been scanning the small pictures because I also don't know how to make my photos smaller in "my pictures".
I think I'm doing well to have figured out this much, but I'm sure there's an easier way. In her journal, the pictures are bigger and clearer.

Catherine
10-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Pinkie,
I think the pictures are perfect. The airbrush thing was a joke.....meaning we could make her look like one of those glamour shots. You have nothing to apologize about, YOU HAVE BROUGHT US UDDELS OF FUN AND LAUGHTER.

I can not even upload one picture. I do not know what an avatar is, But I can cook a good meal when Tiptoe gets to my house.

Thanks for the love and fun, Catherine
PS my husband put my picture on the site.

Sheila
10-03-2007, 03:32 AM
TipToe even has her own music....I have laughed so hard I forgot about Cancer at times...and that is good!
P.S. Turn up the volume

www.webhamster.com (http://www.webhamster.com)

Belinda
10-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Hi! I love this thread. TTTH would be very welcome to visit me in Australia - I promise I will keep her safe from marauding Koalas and out of the jaws of crocodiles (haha - none of those where I live!).

She may like to visit South for the weather in the depths of your winter!?!

Belindaxxx

PinkGirl
10-03-2007, 05:12 AM
Just love it Sheila !!! It sounds a bit country. I guess if anyone is wondering where all the crazy people are - look no further!!!!

It sounds like Tip is going to be a busy girl. I don't see why she can't make it to everyone who wants her. All she'll need is more journals. Her journal is made up of more pictures than writing. When I saw how much trouble she had holding a pen, I let her use my keyboard....a picture's worth a thousand words.

I'm surprised I haven't heard anything from Andi or Believe regarding the little "dig" I made at their expense......it was all in fun you know :) :) :)

Believe51
10-03-2007, 05:27 AM
I have only been able to visit the site to peak long enough to find out who needs the prayers. Hubby is doing good, just in need of some extra care at the moment, thus my distant appearance and he is waiting to read the posts about Tiptoe!! Geesh, getting ready for my visit with Tiptoe has really got me tired!! I am printing out this thread today so I can sit and look at all the posts, this thread has filled my days with the laughter I need....and the pictures are the best!!

I have set up a spot for Tiptoe and Chester the Chipmunk is elated. My husband has a Petscan on Saturday so I am sure when we see Chester he is going to be even happier knowing we are working on his visit. We have plenty of food and all I need to do now is pick out a pair of earrings. I have been away like I said so I do not know if she has pieced ears or not, after all I need to go shopping and need to know what I am looking for.

My mother makes fleece blankets or hot/cold packs with pink cancer ribbon material. Mom has offered to make a blanket with pink ribbons on it for our loved Tiptoe. The blanket will be so beautiful and I know when she arrives she will want to be warm. Love you PinkGirl and cannot wait to see Tiptoe.>>Believe51

Believe51
10-03-2007, 05:33 AM
I sat here with no will power, I had to look at the pictures again. I am laughing outloud!!! I mean really laughing. How BIG is Tiptoe, cause it looks like if she keeps chowing down food and drinking, that this blanket needs to be BIGGER than I thought!! Hehehe and laughing outloud. Boy I must say, this is "Today's Joy" for me>>Believe51

PinkGirl
10-03-2007, 07:55 AM
A new fleece blanket would be great. I'm sure Tip would really appreciate that. She doesn't have many possessions. As to her size, all her vital statistics are in her passport. I think she weighs a few ounces and standing up she is about 5 inches tall (not counting her tail) which is another 5 inches.

hutchibk
10-03-2007, 10:13 AM
She will need a yellow t-shirt and a Livestrong bracelet for her visit to Livestrong/Lance Armstrong Foundation HQ here in Austin - I will start shopping now...

MJo
10-03-2007, 01:55 PM
THe kids in the preschool downstairs would love to meet Tip. We will visit the bird feeder in case she's hungry.

chrisy
10-03-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't know about all this. If I start getting too friendly with chinese hamsters, my Barry Manilow cutout might get jealous! He loves to accompany me to my infusions...
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/chris.000/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

caya
10-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey PinkGirl,

Since Tiptoe is Canadian by osmosis, I guess, I really think she should make a stop in Toronto on her way back to you at some point so I can take her to that most Canadian of games - a Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey Game. I will get her a Maple Leafs cap.

all the best
caya

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-03-2007, 05:53 PM
CHRISY, Every time I look at your photo I want to join you in a cabernet... Love your Barry M. cutout. I bring Paul to my infusions, for real, along with 18 bagels and cream cheese. The nurses love us! That's 9 yrs of bagels (w/ 3 yrs EVERY wk). Last tx we also brought a Costco apple pie. Do you have any idea how huge a Costco any thing is????!!!! Paul looked over near the end of that infusion and the cake was nearly gone. Most of the bagels were still there. My sweet nurses have a definite sweet tooth. They'd do anything, admittedly, for dark chocolate. (We save that for Christmas...) http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/thghts/smile

Andi

Becky
10-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I adore this thread. Everybody better take pictures of Tip when she visits them. Tip is a hoot!!

tousled1
10-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Since listening to Tiptoe's music I have decided I want her to come to Georgia for a visit. She'll find plenty of country music here and I know that my grandson Eli will just shower her with love and affection. Add my name to her itinerary.

Lolly
10-03-2007, 08:08 PM
I just finally got caught up on all Tiptoe's doin's! What a card she is, and if she comes to Oregon to visit Catherine, I would love to meet her, and you too Your Highness aka Catherine of Oregon :)

Catherine
10-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Tiptoe can visit me and Lolly at the same time. Fly her into Portland, I will pick her up and drive south to Salem. Lolly can come up from Corvallis and we can meet in Salem, the State Capitol. I am sure we can get an audience with the Governor. Our state song here is Louie,Louie, So Tip will have to be able to do a little rock and roll shuffel along with the country slide. Lolly and I will work out all the details.

On the road again...here's to Tip and all her friends.
Catherine
Lolly....should we start shopping for journals and earrings now?

StephN
10-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Catherine -
Your state song canNOT be "Louie, Louie." It is OUR state song!! Even though the Kingsmen were from Portland WE have a Senate resolution that changed Washington's state song!

So, maybe "Louie, Louie" is the UNofficial state song in Oregon, we can have Tiptoe decide on which side of the Columbia River she wants to dance to it. How about that?? We may have to meet in the middle of the bridge for an official ceremony. I can bring Paul Revere and the Raiders if you can round up The Kingsmen.

Anyone found a really teeny iPod for her yet?

Kathy S in Tokyo
10-04-2007, 05:24 AM
TipToe is invited to visit Tokyo at any time. She could visit the huge fish market which is just across the street from the National Cancer Center where I go every Tuesday for my Herceptin treatments. The sushi chefs at the conveyor belt sushi shop might even let her run a little on the conveyor belt.

Believe51
10-04-2007, 05:26 AM
I just listened to Tiptoes music and I found myself laughing outloud again. I love you girls and we have a bond that I never thought possible, you have given me everything I need on this journey. I gather the knowledge, support, prayers, love....but most importantly, the laughter for which I thrive for. I am looking forward to our visit and passing our friendly visitor around, this is a spendid idea. A bit worried though, ANDI will probally spoil her rotten and that is a big thing to have to live up to!! Tehehe!! Just another common bond we share that makes me feel like I have known you all for a lifetime. I love and admire you all and so glad you are my dearest friends.>>Believe51

Kathy S in Tokyo
10-04-2007, 05:31 AM
My Japanese boss told me years ago that Asians are more likely to lack a certain enzyme that helps most people process alcohol. TipToe could genetically have a low tolerance.

PinkGirl
10-04-2007, 06:40 AM
for the warm response to Tiptoe. If we can keep up with the postage, she has the opportunity to visit Scotland, Ireland, Australia, Japan, go to a Leafs hockey game, Disneyland, the Kentucky Derby, the BCS in Texas and meet the grand pooh-pahs of Genentech, have her portrait painted, meet Chester the chipmunk and go with Ed to a "pet" scan, go ice fishing, drink chocolate martinis and margaritas, go to AA, have a hamstervention on A&E, hang out in a back yard full of chipmunks in Wisconsin and have an audience with the governor of Oregon (does anyone know the pope?)

Now that we know about her predisposition to alcoholism, we'll have to keep a close eye on her. Maybe R.B knows of some fish oil supplement that will help with that missing enzyme. I can't wait till she gets to Andi's so someone else will have actually met her in person. She's quite the rat, I mean rodent.

hutchibk
10-04-2007, 09:32 AM
What are her favorite foods? We will need to know what restaurants to take her to in San Antonio. I hope she likes mexican food, and I am sure she likes margaritas... Should I buy her a sombrero?

PinkGirl
10-04-2007, 09:55 AM
399She had a hangover most of the time she was here. She drank some water
and nippled on cheese and peanuts. You'd probably do best with finger foods or maybe just order appetizers for her (with cheese). She definitely could use a sombrero - it was cool here when she left, but I warned her about wearing something to keep the sun off of her head. She has sunscreen. As for gifts, I forgot to mention that she likes to paint her nails.

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Okay, did I miss something? Y'all are talking about music. I couldn't access Chrisy's link? Is that where I got lost behind?

I have *diamond* studs waiting for Pinkie's pierced ears. (Got them as a free gift from the Shiseido counter in Bloomingdale's.) I have a pink bc bracelet for her and a pink ribbon pin w/a HOPE charm to hang from it. I have sunglasses (w/UV protection) also (another free gift from Shiseido). Guess I buy a lot of moisturizer...

PINKIE, MY SWEET -- A WHOLE PICTURE OF YOU! This is blowing my mind. It is so nice to see all of you! THANK YOU FOR SHARING your dimples, bangs and all... And for starting the TipToe craze on the board. We're all in love and so anxious to physically share our energy, almost like in person, w/ea other. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of our mascot Chinese hamster (w/ or w/o her ovaries in tact). I could so empathize if it is the latter, being one *tata* down, though I have SUPPLEMENTED, OF COURSE w/my tram flam (I mean flap). http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/08 Not complaining. I'm balanced -- and feel ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE, in harmony... In sync.

WITH LOVE TO ALL MY SISTERS AND BROS,
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/celebrte/heart

Sheila
10-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Andi
I posted a link to her music....it was on page2...here it is.
Just wondering
What kind of swim suit will tip be wearing in Florida...I'm thinking she may need a thong with the tail issue she has.
I wish she could have come with me and my nurse friend to Key West last time we went....on second thought, maybe best she didn't....don't want to expose her to the wild side of breast cancer patients.

www.webhamster.com (http://www.webhamster.com)

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh Sheila, That music is too funny. Makes me want to jump in the air and click my heels (even though I can't imagine I am physically capable of doing so). That song is sooo *spirited*! I will have to return to it throughout my day when feeling a lull in my energy center. THANKS for that.

I think TipToe will go topless (w/sunscreen of course). A free Spirit, after all... And I have a private pool, so...

Still can't get over the treat of FULL FRONTAL Pinkie! What a happy face. So glad for the pic, Pink One. And for all the other pics you attached. How clever you are. How'd you do that anyway??

Was in chemo rm today wishing I had Tip w/me. All the staff were wearing PINK! (BC Awareness mnth, ya know...) Guess we're all *aware* every month, I'm just sayin...

BTW, I'm aware in a GOOD way. There just always seems to be a moment where I free associate to the conversation and mention my situation. I am obviously (I'm told) full of joy and serenity, so when I speak of my experience, others feel inspired, and I don't mean just bc others. Met a divorced single mom yesterday, stressed out and overwhelmed. She sat mute getting manicured; couldn't even respond when asked what color polish she wanted. She just smiled. So we chatted over our nail-drying machines. You know, I can't keep my mouth shut. I write long posts... You can imagine what having an actual one on one conversation is like. Oh dear...

Others are immediately drawn in to the bc tale of horror told w/o any sign of the struggle evident. You look fabulous/great, they say. I think -- what, for an almost dead person? They look at me w/admiration and a sudden epiphany that their cares and woes could be so much worse. Their perspective expands and they start to brush the sky (which has seemingly fallen on their shoulders) off. They often part happy and saying things like, God bless you, You're beautiful inside and out, I love you... And my day is made! I bounce off feeling ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE, and *on purpose*! Just thought I'd share. Being aware of having or having had (as I see it) bc isn't always a burden, you know what I mean??

And TipToe will surely brighten my days, till I pass her on with loving energy from me and Pinkie to Marie (our chief BELIEVER). And then she will carry on w/the good vibes of three or four or so and on and on... What an awesome joyful venture we have undertaken. Can't wait to see the journal.

BIG HUGS,
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

PinkGirl
10-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Andi, the music is in Sheila's post

www.webhamster.com

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
See my post above, please...

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/08

PinkGirl
10-04-2007, 05:57 PM
400This is Tip's favourite picture taken at my house

From L to R

Bob, Tiptoe, PinkGirl

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-06-2007, 02:38 PM
OKAY, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES BOB'S FEET, TIPTOE AND PINKIE'S FEET?? Am I doing something wrong...? Andi

chrisy
10-06-2007, 02:48 PM
ABB,
Surely you know that TIPTOE likes to be the center of attention! So there are only toes in the picture!

PinkGirl
10-07-2007, 06:28 AM
We lined up in the living room for a picture and that's how it turned out.
She's not very tall!!!

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I SPENT 15 MIN, on 3 separate occasions, trying to figure out how to EDIT the pic. Funny. The world from Tiptoe's standpoint. So cute.

I am often on the floor w/Chase and Scamp, as they too are rather small. We will have fun when she gets here. I'll tell y'all all about it. Promise.

When I read your post Pinkie, wishing every one in Canada a happy thanksgiving, I thought I'd fallen down the rabbit hole at first. Living in Fla and not having kids in school, I forget what season it is. Did we have Halloween yet, I thought??? What a minute, what month is it? I was a bit disoriented, till I focused on the word Canada. HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Turkey, stuffing and all the good stuff! Thank goodness. I don't have to cook yet...

DonnaD
10-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Andi,
Let us know as soon as Tip arrives. The trip could have been a long one for her. Knowing her reputation she may be tipsy. If so, give her plenty of coffee so she can enjoy the pool. Hope you don't have any peeping Tom's when she is sunbathing in the nude!
Donna

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Promise to let y'all know the minute Tipsy (I mean Tiptoe) arrives!

Pinkie -- is she *boxed* or in a padded envelope. Poor dear. I will smother her with kisses and hugs, little weary traveler. Will arrange to have sunshine to greet her (in between major thunder storms lately). Mid 80s and beautiful mostly... Have tinted shades for her to wear (free from Shiseido).

PinkGirl
10-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I didn't mean to confuse you with the world according to Tiptoe photo or the early Thanksgiving. I think it's early here because of the climate. I once lived in a northern town that had it's fall fair in August!

Tiptoe is boxed. I tried a padded envelope but I couldn't fit everything in.
I wanted to make her a little straw nest to burrow into and along with her journal, pen, passport, a few personal items, I put in a little lunch for the trip(really). You might smell the package before you see it. I sent her via Canada Post Air Mail - nothing but the best for our hamster!!!

I have heard of parcels sitting at the border for awhile, so I don't know how long it will take her to get to you. I think it has been a week now. She could get stopped at customs if her lunch starts to rot and the package stinks. I was hoping she would eat it first. Oh well, she can rest up for all the activities everyone has planned. :)

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Here's hoping Tipsy's lunch doesn't rot. I have this image of the custom's guy stiffing the box and pondering...

You do make me laugh, Pink One...Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/08

Lani
10-07-2007, 03:19 PM
of lymphoma treated with essentially the first monoclonal antibody, she made earrings and other jewelry depicting the mice (used at that time, now I think they also use Chinese hamster ovaries) used to make her medication (Rituximab). They are quite lively and attention-diverting and might give someone the idea to immortalize Tiptoe and her merry hamster elves.

Have a great weekend.

StillHere
10-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Lani
Am I missing something? I can't find any link or attachment to your last post about a mouse video.

Catherine
10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Well, I should be in bed since it is almost midnight. But, I had to check in first and get the updated chapter on Tiptoe. Tiptoe does photograph well. Thank you Pinkie for the great photos. And thank you for packing Tiptoe so carefully. I am just hoping that after sunbathing topless she will be even willing to leave Florida. She probably will want to spend the winter there. I am thinking that if Tiptoe could call me collect from Andi's, that I could hop on a plane and join them at the pool. In the meantime, I will keep my unreconstructed chest covered and stay under my rain umbrella. Go Tiptoe!!! Life is an adventure and you are living it. And so are WE!!!!

Catherine

hutchibk
10-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Ahhh, the life of Tipsy the hamster. What a ham! Around the world in 80 days (unless held up at the border...) I wonder if she has her passport with her, or do you think she left it on the bar? Andi - be sure and slather her with sunscreen! You don't need a drunken, sunburned rodent ruining your reputation in the neighborhood! I bet she is a funny, happy, cocktail drinking hamster, though! And I am guessing that she will want to go to the beach, too! Warn her about getting sand in her bikini - especially uncomfortable in a thong...

Lani
10-08-2007, 04:28 AM
that long since I posted the link to the video I recommended, but as it happens we have been a very busy website with lots of new threads posted since I started that thread and it was a page or so back so here it is:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30290

PinkGirl
10-09-2007, 09:03 AM
You guys might have to really work on Tip to get her to come out of her shell. She was very quiet when she was with me. Other than the drinking episode, she pretty much behaved herself. And, she is a very quiet "drunk" as you could see from the picture of her passed out. I couldn't get her into the water here, but it was cold. She walked on the beach and stood on some driftwood once, climbed up a tree once and looked like she was going to take a dive, but she never touched water. Hopefully, a warm, private pool will be more to her liking.

Any sign of her yet Andi? I feel like she's still my responsibility until she gets to you - then I can relax. I know she will be in good hands. Have you decided which supplements you're going to give her? I know you will feed her well - her regular diet is high in the omega 3's so don't bother supplementing that. But I think she could use some work with the mind/body connection. Maybe she'll come back to me as one with the hamster universe!!! :)
I miss her already. I keep looking in my big basket of wool and expect to see her little nose nestled into some angora.

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Still no Tiptoe. I am anxiously awaiting... I feel like you've thrown the ball to me, Pinkie, and I'm waiting to catch it, or her I should say. Always looking for a good drinking partner. Stocked up on wine in anticipation. I won't give her a balloon glass like the one I drink from. She could probably fit right into one of my 24-ouncers. Did you give her a saucer for such occasions? Is she a guzzler?

If she has no ovaries, I'm assuming she won't be hot flashing, so no need for those supplements. Do you think she'll want an immune booster of mushroom blend w/Cat's paw bark?

I didn't know Tipsy was shy. I can relate. I like her personality already. I was shy as a child/young adolescent. Make that into my 20s... Then I decided to work on that characteristic, and have burst forth w/lots of opinions and much to say. And share.
I now approach strangers and start conversations. I chat w/the salespeople taking my phone order. They tell me really neat stuff, revealing their life experience.

Just read an interview w/Elizabeth Edwards. She struck up a conversation w/a young man/recent college grad who had a seat near hers (for the University of South Carolina games). They got to know each other and he has taken her son Jack under his wing. He spent the summer with a friend and Jack making paths in the Edwards' woods, as Elizabeth had wanted to do. She is quoted as saying, "You get these moments of incredible generosity. But the truth is you have to be the person who talks to the guy sitting next to you. You have a part in this. It doesn't just happen to you." She speaks of needing to reach out and then you get this great gift! (I'll have a good talk with Tiptoe when she gets here. Spiritually expand her sphere of awareness...)

I am going to look around the house for a basket for her to nestle in. Hadn't thought that out. Maybe I can use one of Chase and Scamp's sheepskin rugs. They are good about sharing.

PinkGirl
10-09-2007, 11:17 AM

403Yes Andi, she is quiet and shy. I am very happy that she'll be with you and Believe next. It is perfect. You can coach her on believing in her own power, achieving her desired destiny and eliminating her fear-driven thoughts.

When she goes to Rhode Island, Believe can teach her about faith and always believing in miracles. She will be a very well adjusted, stable, grounded hamster who is one with the universe and filled with the peace and calm of her new faith. She's one lucky rodent!!

I'm not sure about her drinking preferences. I gave her wine in a little liqueur glass, but she drank the beer when I wasn't looking. Might have just gulped it down, eh?

I have almost posted all of her pictures from our visit. These are two from our day at the beach. She stood on driftwood but never put her toes in the water. The other one is Tip up a tree looking down at the lake. The third one is her and I on the couch reading Beyond magazine. I think she fell asleep. Hope you enjoy the pics...

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-09-2007, 02:03 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Cashew_sable_syrian_hamster.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Cashew_sable_syrian_hamster.jpg)

ANNOUNCING THE ARRIVAL OF
MS. T. TOE

THE package arrived today! What a relief. Tiptoe climbed out the moment I opened the box. SHE IS PRECIOUS. Much tinier than I'd imagined... She startled me at first. I squealed. Then, so did she!

I have given her some water and the nuts Pinkie sent in the teeniest round plastic container. She had trouble gnawing it open I think.

The Pink One is wise. She sent along sunscreen and dental floss!! You know, hamster incisors grow continually, so the latter will probably come in handy.

All is in tact, including Tippy's whiskers (one was flattened a bit, but I whisked it up). She came complete w/tiny blue stud earrings in her pierced ears. Perfect for her. She flashes her prehensile tail around and she has every right to be proud. I know how rare such a thing is to most hamsters. Her eyes are penetrating and her temperament very demure. The pink hair extensions Pinkie gave her protrude just a bit from behind her right ear. She says Pink Girl and Bob were really nice and asked me to send them hugs. Tiptoe is unique indeed. I find her very chatty.

Much more to follow. I promise.
Andi

hutchibk
10-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Hope you girls are enjoying a nice bottle of merlot tonight. What's on tap for tomorrow?

lilyecuadorian
10-09-2007, 08:34 PM
send it to me too!! please I will take it to Ecuador and show the Galapagos ....

hutchibk
10-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Just be sure that she ends up with me sometime around Dec 5-10 timeframe so that I can take her to the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium and she can party with me and Sheila and Becky and Maryanne and Christine and Joe, etc.... I can then send her home from there with one of those lovely folks for her next adventure!

Believe51
10-10-2007, 05:43 AM
I went to my husband's petscan on Saturday and after he was all situated I went to check up on Chester the Chipmunk. Maybe because I have been 'clicking' like a chipmunk for over one year now, maybe by coincidence....but my furry friend comes out every time we go to the Imaging or Infusion Unit of our hospital. OAK LEAVES and ACORNS(cause ya all know my boy is my MIGHTY OAK!!) were falling all over, some even hitting me in the head. As I laughed about the complete joy I was feeling I looked into the zen garden to see many butterflies and dragonflies all busy gathering food and sun. Chester came out and layed down on his belly just like a cat or dog. My eyes filled up with happy tears and my mind was going a mile a minute.

I thought how great it would be if Tiptoe and Chester could get a beautiful picture together. I have gather some acorns and cleaned up the area a bit in great anticipation for our visit. Mom is preoccupied with her potential breast problems but is eager to make this blanket in time!! I just spoke with Andi and I must have missed Tiptoes arrival. I am so ready for our visit with Tiptoe. Tonight I will be shopping for nuts and cheese. I have two large Yankee Candles (Autumn Leaves) that I thought Tiptoe may enjoy, after all she is going to have to learn about Miracles and we need to show her how WE pray for her mommy's well-being!!>>Believe51

Sheila
10-10-2007, 05:52 AM
I think Tip should go to Arizona in January with Karen or someone going to the Spa....she may need rejuvinated by then...I can see her getting a massage right now...hope they have teeny towels! We definately need to take her to Durty Nellies in San Antonio...she is a little Irish isn't she?

fauxgypsy
10-10-2007, 06:25 AM
When is Tiptoe going to get to come to Mississippi? The weather is finally starting to cool down and she won't be as thirsty for beer. I still have her portrait to paint. She could get her picture taken with Santa, ya'll do know I'm married to him, don't you?

Leslie

PinkGirl
10-10-2007, 06:56 AM
I am so happy that Tiptoe arrived safely in Boca Raton. I was worried she would get stopped at the border (toys from China, or tiny terrorist hamster etc.)

Andi, I'm surprised that you find her "chatty". Maybe it was all the time in the box during her air mail flight. I know she'll have a great time in Florida and you will take very good care of her ... looking forward to some pictures.

Great, great idea for Tip to go on the spa vacation. So many of you would get to meet her and take some group photos.

Not that I am constantly worrying about Tiptoe, but.........Andi, I'm not sure if she can swim. Can you get some kind of tiny flotation device for her, just in case. I would hate for her adventure to end at the beginning. Maybe one of your grandkids has some kind of hollow plastic ring that would fit around her belly...

Have fun with her. Everyday I think of something I could have done with her. Should have taken her out in a boat and got her a little tiny fishing rod. Oh well, next time.

No comments from you yet about Chairman Mao???

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Tiptoe and I were shaking our booties, and giggling, to the Hamster Dance. I played it on the computer from the website Shiela gave us. www.webhamster.com (http://www.webhamster.com/), if you want to give a listen. Let me tell you, Tip has some moves... We watched the Presidential Debate last night and Dancing With The Stars. We read CURE magazine and listened to Paul snore...

Today, Tippy and I frolicked in the garden around my house. She liked the groundcover along the front walkway and burrowed among the dwarf chenille (they look like hot pink fuzzy inchworms with ivy-like leaves). She played in the palm fronds, noting their great variety. The sky is its' usual magnificent blue and it is bright and sunny here, very tropical. (Tipsy said it reminded her of the desert her ancestors came from in northern China.)

In the backyard, she nibbled on the Birds Of Paradise. I've noticed the squirrels chomp on something from them too. So I kept a sharp eye out to make sure no one messed w/Tipsy. She's so very small, I worry. But, she is very brave! A Warrior Woman, just like us...

Then I took her in my bedroom to see my prize bromeliad. It's flaming orange, and I call her Tangy. I love that plant! I get very attached to my plants. Four have traveled from NY to Fla (shhhh... don't tell, against interstate law I think). Tangy greets me every morning. I've taken pictures and am counting on Paul to make them materialize from the camera to the computer.

BTW, Pinkie has set a very high standard for all of us. I think she is a master artsy/craftsy person. She could go in to the scrapbooking business! The details of her passport from The People's Republic of China and the amazing journal the Pink One has amassed is a treat. Wait till it's your turn to view her work! Much love and time has gone in to this grand project we are all going to take part in. I can feel Pinkie's energy throughout my house. Tiptoe came nestled in shredded brown paper and hot pink tissue paper. It was a cozy retreat that she told me she really appreciated. Her whiskers need constant brushing, as they flatten, but she is a great companion and has made me sparkle and shine since I first laid eyes on her.

More to come...
Andi

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Tiptoe is an enlightened being, full of peace and compassion, strength and fortitude. She tells me that the Great Compassion Mantra contains great healing power! It is like a magic spell or password to invocate or communicate with The One.

AUM MANI PADME HOM is cleansing and transforming. It allows the one chanting those syllables to attain the exalted embodiment of Compassion, Love and Wisdom. It puts you in touch with the awareness that your body and mind are empty without your Spirit! All the answers to all your questions lie within you.

In silence and meditation, you become free to connect with your Essence, or Soul. In so doing, you tap in to the powers of the Universe. Hail the jewel in the lotus. Be motivated to seek Compassion, Love and Enlightenment -- and peace and balance will fill you up to overflowing.

(I'm just telling you what Tiptoe explained to me...)

Andi

PinkGirl
10-10-2007, 03:14 PM
404I feel so bad. When Tiptoe was at my place, she told me about her spiritual beliefs -- some stuff about metaphysics, meditation, harmony -- I told her I respect her beliefs but don't know too much about it. Told her to wait and talk to Andi about that stuff.

I had no idea it was that important to her. Now I feel awful, because the day she arrived from China, I helped her unpack and she had this photo with her; she said it's her most treasured possession. I forgot to send it with her
...Could you copy it Andi and put it in her journal for me....thanks

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh, Pinkie! Now I feel bad you feel bad!! Don't feel bad. I have been told by many people that I bring out their Inner Buddha... Tip and I are just so on the same wave length. She is all about Love, Compassion and Inner Peace. She also has healing powers which I am anxious to send on to all our Sisters.

Even if you did not sense this healing energy, Pink, it is with you. Bouncing off your walls. Open your heart, and let it in. You have had a most honored guest in your home. And Tip tells me she is humbled by your inner beauty. Your Spirit is radiant (which we can all see from your posts). Plus, you have cute dimples...

Andi

I have copied the pic and will add it to The Journal...

hutchibk
10-10-2007, 07:56 PM
By the way - I have told Kathy LaTour (Publisher/Managing Editor of CURE Magazine about TipToe and she loves the story... she told me she would be interested in a little website story about her.) Let's not tell Tipsy yet, it might go to her head...

hutchibk
10-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Now knowing more about Tipsy's spiritual center, I bet she knows this one, too...
ARDAS PAYE, AMAR DAS GURU, AMAR DAS GURU,
ARDAS PAYE, RAM DAS GURU, RAM DAS GURU, RAM DAS GURU,
SUCHE SAHE
Guarantees by the grace of Guru Amar Das, who is hope for the hopeless, and Guru Ram Das, who is King of the Yogis and Bestower of Blessings, past, present and future, that the prayer will be answered, and that all one's needs are provided for, signed, sealed and delivered!

PinkGirl
10-10-2007, 08:22 PM
In case Tiptoe ends up in some magazine or maybe doing the Oprah show, or Letterman........... it was Joanne S who started the first post about Chinese Hamster ovaries....not me.....

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks for jogging my memory, Pinkie! You are absolutely correct. It all began with Joanne S.'s post -- HERCEPTIN DID YOU KNOW -- it is derived from Chinese Hamster Ovaries... Then, you leapt right in, followed by many of us, who wanted to join in the fun. We just kept coming up w/funny lines. It became a thread of truth with humor and even some music from Shiela thrown in, to amuse and entertain us all... A break from the tough realities of living w/bc.

We began thinking we would adopt and nurture this tiny creature and make her our mascot, passing her along from Sister to Sister. But, what we give is returned to us tenfold! So now each of us is blessed by taking part in this great venture in so many ways. We are all even more bonded. Pinkie and I have met this precious Wise One who is quick to exchange her powers of healing and granting inner peace for some hospitality and affection. And many more will know this gift, as their turn comes around. It's a win/win situation. Each of plays a role, and in the end joy and peace and extraordinary compassion will fill our Spirits and our homes. Dancing to the Hamster Song and dancing with NED...

With loving energy, Andi

Catherine
10-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Thank goodness that Tippy arrived safely. I think it is wise that you packed her so carefully. Those whiskers can probably be set with hair gel if necessary. Not sure she will have time to go to the salon with all of her beach time, pool time and meditation time. I am going to bed now, with visions of Tip Toe dancing in my head.

Ummmmmmmmm, Catherine

PinkGirl
10-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Andi, I keep thinking about whether or not Tiptoe can swim.... more negative thoughts...... Have you had any luck with the flotation device? I was also thinking of a teeny tiny inflatable raft so she can float in your pool. I don't know if hamsters like to get wet.

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Yes, Chinese hamsters hail from the desert. Not much water there. Tip found a tiny bottle of scotch (from an airline or hotel, I'm guessing) in my liquor stash. I poured some in to a small bowl. She drank it and fell in! (I have a picture for y'all once I can pin Paul down to transposing it...) He's very busy w/his activities. Retirement is a more fully packed schedule than work was.

When Tip tipped into the bowl it was empty, and I was w/her all the time. I take my Mommy role very seriously, but we are pals too. We go to my Boca daughters on Sundays w/Chase and Scamp to visit Alison, husband Harvey, Josie, Brett and Georgia (3 of my fabulous grandkids) and their dogs, Dibs and Dash (another Maltese/same age). Tiptoe has of course also been invited. They have a pool too and since Georgia is age 2 I'm sure we'll find lots of little things for Tip to enjoy. Ali is very creative and I will bring my camera. Rest assured, Tippy is in good and loving hands. She's like family, after all.

Thought we'd go to Mizner Park today. Plaza Real is like a Mediterranean suburban town center, w/Gazebos and tall palms and many flowers. The flora and fauna are a big draw in the hamster world, I know. But there's also swanky shops, restaurants and outdoor cafes and walkways to stroll, all under a heavenly blue sky full of sunshine. (I'll bring a snack for Tip, though the vegetarian section of the menus probably will be to her liking.) There's an Ampitheater and the Boca Raton Museum of Art in the Park too. No shows in the day time, but ample space to roam, burrow and gnaw. (Note: Raton literally means little mouse in Spanish I think. Pronounced to rhyme w/phone...) There's a strong Spanish influence architecturally throughout Boca and we have streets named Camino Real, Verde Trail, Spanish River Boulevard.

I haven't told Tiptoe about the alligators (in the Everglades and the canals) yet...

Karen W
10-11-2007, 08:40 AM
I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet, but I think Tiptoe is kind of like Flat Stanley. Am I right? You send Tiptoe around and (he/she?) lives and travels with you for a while and then Tiptoe is off to visit someone else.

Is that how it works?

Very cute.

Karen

DonnaD
10-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Karen,
Please, please, please go back and read all the post about TipToe the Chinese hampster. You will laugh till you cry. She will soon be a celebrity. Do hope the press gets her name right, lets see its Tip Toe, Tip, Tipsy and Tippy? Wonder what one she likes best. Lets hope she does not take after Brittney. Andi if she wants to be a bartender tell her NO!

Can't wait to meet her in San Antonio.
Donna

PinkGirl
10-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Yes Wendy, Tiptoe is just like Flat Stanley only she's not flat. She will be visiting everyone on this Board who wants her (and her journal.)

Andi.......... GATORS ??? You didn't mention that when you invited Tip to your house. I thought those things were only in the swamps somewhere in the deep south. Oh, I guess Florida is south.... I watched a CSI program one night where a gator ended up in someone's swimming pool.......flotation device or little rubber raft won't help Tip get through that.....

Your city sounds beautiful. There's so much for you to show Tiptoe. Did she tell you about the one grocery store here, and the stop signs? She kept asking me where the traffic lights were. I hope this adventure isn't too much for her.....culture shock.....Her dark eyes got huge when I told her to watch out for the black bears that come into town on "garbage day". Hopefully she can handle all of this.

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Okay, Pinkie... BLACK BEARS?????? On garbage day? Oh, dear.

My friend's mother actually wound up w/a gator in her pool. Cut through her screening and came up from the lake (which is connected to the canals).

Some hang out on the golf courses, minding their own business. They have signs posted -- BEWARE OF ALLIGATORS. Once was Chase was a pup he ran away. My dghtr came w/her kids to help in the search. As darkness fell, and we were frantic, Paul went out in a golf cart w/my then 6 yr old granddghtr, calling for Chase to come. She could read. When she saw the sign, she said, OH MY GOD... And called even louder. CHASE!!! My then 3 yr old grandson stayed w/me at the house, hoping for a call. Mima, what will we do? I said, Have you ever prayed? Yes, he said. LET'S PRAY NOW.

We went out the next morning, Paul and I in 1 car w/Scamper and Ali in her car w/kids and Dibs and Dash. I had a Costco BarBQ chicken cut open in foil hanging out the car window, hoping to entice him w/the scent. Figured, if he survived, he'd be hungry. I PRAYED ALL NIGHT. And we got him! I think he was lost. He was frozen (from the coldest night of the yr, 50's, and/or from fear) in the bushes. Ali saw his big black eyes, pulled off the road (at the entrance to our *village*), put the car in gear and instructed the kids to hold their dogs leashes tight and NOT TO MOVE! She ran across the main road of the community I live in (Broken Sound) and snatched him up. He was shivering. Once in the car Dash (her Maltese cousin) jumped from the back seat and threw his body across Chase, to warm him up. We all cried w/joy!

All night I prayed that no alligator would eat him for dinner...
Andi

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-11-2007, 05:19 PM
TIPTOE AMONG THE FLORA IN BOCA...
aoladp://MA17536173-0012/boysandtiptoe%20041.JPG
Andi

This is miraculous...

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-11-2007, 05:20 PM
A miraculous failure. Sorry. I'm working on it...

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-11-2007, 06:50 PM
file://paul-hp-pc/pictures/2007-10-11%20boysandtiptoe/boysandtiptoe%20041.JPG

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Okay. PINKIE -- HOW'D YOU DO IT???????

StillHere
10-11-2007, 07:40 PM
How is Tip Toe on keeping secrets? Remember I am taking my daughter (caregiver extrodanair) to Miraval with me for her supprise Christmas Present. I do hope Tippy won't spoil the supprise. I have known some hamsters to get quite chattie after a couple of belts. Maybe it would be better if she came just after Christmas, but before Jan 2nd. Andi-Could you test her ability to keep tight lipped somehow? Maybe tell her something you don't want Paul to know and see if she can keep your secret in confidence.
I was already planning on taking part in Miraval's group activities about Mindfulness and Meditation, but I will pick out a few that I think Tip would benefit from. Does she prefer a window seat or the ailse? Hope she can run fast. We only have a 26 min layover in Denver on our way to Tucson. Sherri, Chrisy, StephN and I will take loads of pictures of Tip Toe relaxing at the SPA.
FYI-Miraval still has openings for 1/2 to 1/5-2008 with the $200.00 daily discount if anyone has decided they really need some R & R after the holidays.
Wonder who will have Tip for Halloween? Will she ware a costume, or is she anti-pagen rituals?

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-12-2007, 11:24 AM
JUST COPYING THIS FROM ANOTHER THREAD -- FOR ALL TIPTOE FOLLOWERS TO KEEP UP TO DATE...

Marie and Brenda -- you girls are very efficient! Which is a good thing. We need to be organized. A calendar of itinerary is a super idea.

Wait till you lay eyes on Pinkie's Journal! (BTW, P -- what kind of glue do you suggest??) This book is a work of art!! No kidding. Most impressive. And intimidating to live up to its high standards.

Paul has copied the pic of Tipsy and -- is that the Dalai Lama(?) that Pinkie forgot to include in her package. Forgive my ignorance. I know that face. Just can't remember his name...

Just to let you know... Tiptoe is darling. She likes when you stroke her hunched back with your index finger. She gives you this look, like she's blissed out. Just took a pic (WHICH I HAVE NOT YET FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET FROM THE COMPUTER TO THIS SITE!!! **#!??* -- but The Pink One is helping from Canada -- all for the cause -- sharing). She was on the comfy chair in my bedroom w/Chase and Scamp looking out the double sliding glass doors overlooking the pool and greenery. I actually saw Chase, who was closest, lick her! Several times. He is generally very stingy in that area, whereas the Scamp is a lover, giving kisses to any one. They have both quickly grown quite fond of the tiny one... Chase put a paw on her back, trying to get her to play w/him. She didn't move. Guess she's content just to hang. And I don't mean by her prehensile tail.

Can't wait till my grandkids meet her on Sunday! Did I tell you the pink plastic bc bracelet I had for her is way too big, so I have put it around her neck as a lovely necklace. I have a HOPE charm dangling from it. That, with Pinkie's teeny blue stud earrings that seem to bring out the sparkle in Tippy's eyes make her look especally beautiful. Not to mention the pink hair extensions Pinkie has woven behind Tip's right ear! She enjoys all the pampering. I can tell. She's a real girly girl.

Oh, and I learned that Tip loves all veggies. (Tomato leaves are poisonous though, so be careful...) And as for fruits -- they contain too much sugar and cause hamsters to develop diabetes -- so even though T sniffs them, I take them away. Seeds and grains and nuts are good however (and the insides of Birds Of Paradise are a real treat!).

We are having the best time! Oh, and Karen, I told Tiptoe not to tell Paul about our meditation sessions -- just to test her ability to keep a secret... Turns out, he can't understand her little pipsqeaky voice anyway. Must be a sound only *women* can hear... Sometimes I say to Paul, What's that sound? And he says, What sound. And we're extra quiet. And he says, I don't hear any thing. And I clearly do hear this high-pitched shrillish sound (maybe coming from the radio that has the volume turned wayyy down). Women are especially sensitive, as y'all know, in many ways.

With loving energy and hugs,

Andi

PinkGirl
10-12-2007, 11:42 AM
405are being worked on. Please do not adjust your television set.......

Here goes, straight from Florida to Canada and back to where ever this is... 132

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Does that not look like a happy hamster or what?? By my front door on Day 1 (see above posts w/o pics describing pic)...

I too am sooo happy! I bow to the genius of The Pink One and her computer skills. I'M ELATED WITH YOUR GENEROSITY OF SPIRIT! THANK YOU, THANK YOU...

I'm waiting for Paul to get home tonight to help me get more pics on this site without bothering Canada for help. Lots more pix to come. Maybe. Definitely in the Journal anyway. That's easy. Working w/pixels however is a dead end zone for me. Paul, w/Pink's instructions in his hand (again thanks for the detailed email for the technically challenged) is my only hope right now. Not that I've given up trying myself. But, let's just say my time would be better spent printing out Journal entries...

We ALL thank you, Pinkie, from adopting Tiptoe in the first place -- to caring for her -- to outfitting her and sharing with us all! Your fun energy is glowing from all the way up there, down to southern Florida, w/prospects all over the place... You're spreading sunshine everywhere! Look what you created? With the seed of an idea and a sense of humor that is dearly cherished by us all! Thanks for being you, Pinkie!!

LOVE YOU, AND ALL MY SISTERS AND BROS...

Andi

PinkGirl
10-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I forgot to mention about her whiskers that easily flatten and stick to her cheek. I think a bit of hair gel or maybe hair spray may help. It's an ongoing thing - I wasn't able to fix it for her.

PinkGirl
10-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Andi will have to supply the narration...

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-12-2007, 02:12 PM
How do you spell AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH (scream). So excited...

Okay. Tip favorite activity is foraging. Take her to the Morikami Orchid Gardens for special Tea Ceremony and she's off burrowing happily. She has a bit of a time running in my house, slipping on the marble floors with those tiny feet and nails. But she's a good climber and gets into my house plants, even the ones up on the tea cart.

As you know -- she's a great BELIEVER. So I showed her my BELIEVE rock and my BELIEVE sign (which Paul keeps promising to put above my office door).

Isn't she precious? I feel like a proud grandma. She's very precocious. Good-natured. Curious. Open minded. Amenable. Adaptable. And smart!

I'm 3/4 of the way to posting my own pictures. But will never give up, I promise you. (I'm really counting on Paul's help later tonight.) But Pinkie's been wonderful taking my emails to her and doing her magic thing (which involves a scanner, which we own, but is in its original 2 yr old box). We don't know how to hook it up. And then, we'd have to figure out how to actually use it. So we're a bit hamstrung. I can reduce pix and I can email them but I can't get the reduced pix to go to the web. YET. NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER GIVE IN. That's my motto...

LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL (and kisses for our Pinkie! on both cheeks),
Andi

PinkGirl
10-12-2007, 05:43 PM

These aren't very clear - they are traveling a lot of miles before you get to see them. The sign Tip is reading is about "not feeding the gators". She is wearing her pink "hope" necklace. Very sweet puppies Andi........

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Pinkie has a heart of gold! I am incapable of posting my own pics, but Pink is doing the job -- for all of us to share and enjoy. A round of applause please. I cannot say THANK YOU enough...

PinkGirl
10-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Andi will have to explain these later.............

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Tip loves palm fronds. Leaves of any kind. She went near my little red pepper plant and I told her not to nibble. Hot red peppers can't be good for her. She sweetly just sniffed and admired its fabulous color!

This half moon table represents my MEDITATION SPACE. Pictures of my children and my children's children abound, along w/a healing candle (purple = healing) from a friend that I refuse to burn and need to SAVE -- and Tiptoe, who joins me for my meditations. I soak up the energy of each person I hold closest to my heart. I sit on the little bench (it faces East, where the sun rises each day) and I go deep within and connect w/my Spirit, at my core. I emerge full of bliss and serenity and Empowerment!!! It's just a tiny space in a hallway outside my bedroom, but it's mine. Of course, I shared it with Tiptoe. Can you see her? She's really teeny...

Also, there's the pic of a miniature bottle of scotch that Tip found in my liquor stash. See Pinkie's little round green container with nuts for Tip that were included in her package? I gave Tipsy a small bowl to drink from. She finished the scotch and fell in! Then, we went to sleep...

The Pink One has sacrificed at least one costly ink jet to print out not only her pictures but mine, as I am incapable of scanning. (Our scanner is in its original box on the floor in Paul's office for several yrs now.) We all owe Pinkie eternal gratitude. Her generosity of Spirit is extraordinary. It can only be matched by her tenacity, cutting and scanning and whatever she does to magically make the pics appear on the web! We're both so proud of our TIPTOE. I know Marie and Ed will watch over her next. I have slated Monday as Journal day and will get it all together for mailing...and passing on...
Andi

PinkGirl
10-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Andi told me I didn't have to post these, so I took that to mean that she wanted me to post them.

Here goes...the pictures are of Tiptoe in her Barbie accessories, in a Barbie house, in a race car, with Andi's three beautiful grand babies, and with Andi and one of the grand babies. Hope you enjoy........

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-16-2007, 05:07 PM
God bless you Pinkie! You are a sweetheart beyond description! I emailed these to you for you in order to share with you some of what I *Journalled* as it would be a long time till you ever saw them. AND, I (admittedly) prayed I'd appeal to your generous Spirit. THANK YOU for printing and cutting and scanning and posting and draining your ink supply...!!!!!

You are a true angel. I love you Pink One!

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/peeps-emt/love/clips/clip1-love2

Marlys
10-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Pink Girl & Andi,
Thanks so much for the pictures. I have started a folder of all the pictures of Tip Toe and shared the drinking ones with my A.A. Buddies. They are so looking forward to meeting her. The same goes for my oncology nurses.
This thread has been a real delight for me.
Love & Hugs,
Marlys

StillHere
10-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Andi, your grandchildren are adorable. I am soooo jealous!

You gotta luv the pic of Tip in the red convertible. Too Precious for words.

AbbyDawg
10-17-2007, 05:44 PM
I've been in a bit of a Tykerb Fog for a couple weeks and just tonight got caught up on The Adventures of One Miss TipToe! This is the funniest thing ... and most heartwarming ... that I've seen in months. And above all, now I KNOW there are great benefits of being forced into the Cancer Club. An exclusive guest ... and the chance to be a part of her journey.

I would be so honored to host Ms. Tipster here in Minnesota. I do feel her life could be enriched by a venture into the lifestyle of Lake Wobegon and the Land of Prairie Home Companion. Perhaps a meeting could be arranged with the great Garrison Keillor him-seff! You all DO know about the Norwegian Sense of Humor, right? We are one of the few cultures that still invites jokes about themselves ... the secret being that WE actually laugh the hardest at them.

If perhaps Mizz Tip T. arrives in the winter, she could be invited to a Lutefisk Supper in the Church Basement. Here's a new Norski Mantra we could teach her:

Lutefisk, Lefse -
Copenhagen Snoose -
St. John's Lutheran
Has A Prayer Tip Can Use ! (Use = Yew-ssse ... Prounounced the Norski way to rhyme with 'snoose')

MN Twins baseball is a favorite here. Depending on timing, she could likely meet Harmon Killebrew or a few other baseball friends of mine. I already have a wooden bat her size. And funny enough, it is an advertisement for Bud Lite, I believe. Perhaps that won't affect her the way Coors did.

So, Mizz Pink, the AbbyDawg would be very honored to be added in TipToe's Travels!

AbbyDawg

PS Should I also mention that Minnesota is home to the Mall of America?!?

Sherryg683
11-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Tiptoe needs to come to Baton Rouge and eat some good cajun food and watch LSU win the national championship..lol. She'd get along great with my ferret and guinea pigs...sherryg

Marlys
02-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Bringing this forward just in case some of us may have missed it.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

PinkGirl
02-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Good idea Marlys,
I go back and read this thread sometimes - it
is so funny. Maybe some of the newbies don't
even know how Tippy and Tex came about.

Marlys
11-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Bringing this forward for our newbies who have not had the joy of knowing Tiptoe & Tex.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Jackie07
11-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi,

Tiptoe the 'Chinese' hamster got so stuffed with Chinese food while staying in Central Texas that it began to think in Chinese and was about to master the language before getting the message that it needs to go to San Antonio. So the Golden hamster is now brushing up its Spanish and preparing its stomach for Mexican food... :)

Brenda, PM me your address and I'll send Tiptoe your way.

hutchibk
11-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Jackie - I am not taking Tip Toe to San Antonio, I will be in Europe. But we need to get her and Tex to someone who will be there!

Jackie07
11-21-2009, 02:10 PM
StephN is going to pick it from Austin. I'm waiting for her address.

StephN
11-21-2009, 02:58 PM
We are on it! Our Chinese hamster Tiptoe has an address where I shall meet her and get her on a new round of travels.

Rich66
11-22-2009, 03:34 AM
This whole thing is twisted and wonderful. Alas..not hosting any "rodents" here. Too many bad memories trying to eradicate them from an isolated rural setting. I will be happy to view from virtual distance.

Jackie07
11-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Rich,

Here are two pictures of Tiptoe found in Pinkgirl's posting (#4) The box should arrive in Austin by December 4th.

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=394&d=1206899081http://her2support.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=395&d=1206899089

StephN
12-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Jackie sent me some pics that were not uploading for some reason.

Here are Tiptoe and Tex resting at one of Jackie's shrines. They also found a sustainable pumpkin to nap on.

PinkGirl
05-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Amelia/Schoolteacher was the last to host the kids.
Is anyone else interested in a visit? They are not
much trouble and quite entertaining .... StephN has
been the keeper of the schedule ... any takers????

Laurel
09-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Where are tiptoe and Tex these days? They haven't been traveling much, or am I out of the loop? They may come to Hershey to taste the chocolate.

hutchibk
09-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Actually, they usually attend SABCS in December every year, so perhaps the schedule can again be arranged around that?

Sheila
10-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Look who showed up unexpectedly at my house.....TipToe must want to check out the TDM-1...so she will be going with me to get some in another week!
She is empty handed, didn't bring a suitcase or anything, so we might be going shopping today!

PinkGirl
10-16-2010, 08:31 AM
That little monkey .. she must have mailed herself to you!!!!

Mary Anne in TX
10-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Well, I can totally understand Tip's confusion on what to wear to a TDM1 appt. It's a really special occasion and she's going with a superstar.....soooooooo, exactly what would you wear. But I think she needs something in black and orange to keep the magic going for this month.