PDA

View Full Version : a bad news ..

lilyecuadorian
09-28-2007, 08:40 AM
I just got a call from my onco nurse and they got the results ...I have 4 lesion on my liver again ...2 months agao was only one .....the two months waiting increse 3 more .....my head is ok ..all other organs are ok ...but my liver no ...I hav my appoiment this monday if anybody can give me a hand with any suggestions ...( my felling are like a glass broke pieses everywhere) I'alone now my mother leave to her country ...and I have nobody close to discusse this ,,,thanks

hutchibk
09-28-2007, 08:44 AM
So many women here have beat liver mets... I know that someone will come forward with great options for you! I am so sorry that you are alone right now. Prayers and hugs to you today and as you and your doctor look for the next treatment to knock the new mets back.

Believe51
09-28-2007, 09:13 AM
I am sorry to hear this news from you Lily, I too have been waiting to hear how you were making out with the Herceptin. Please know as always, that my prayers will be with you and I shall keep you close to heart as you go through this. Remember that I will be here for you if you need me. I know I am not the same as your mother being here but you are NOT alone Sweetie, you will rest soley on my mind today and I will light a candle just for you. I know you must be so scared right now, just one day at a time, one step at a time. And try NOT to think about the 'What if's", I know this was the hardest thing for me to do with Ed's sickness but it really has made me stronger!! Call on me if there is anything I can do. I love you Lily.>>Believe51

chrisy
09-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Dear Lily,
You describe the feeling of having your hopes shattered very well. We know that feeling.

Do not lose heart. There are many many options for getting control over these spots in your liver. In September 2004 my liver was filled with extensive mets - with chemo (Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin) by December they were about half the size, and by March I was in remission and back on Herceptin only for the next 2 years.

It is especially hard to face setbacks when you feel alone. Remember, you are NOT alone, we are all here for you, sending love and hugs and prayers your way all the time.

Much love
Chris

BonnieR
09-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Lily, we are all with you in spirit.
Maybe your local American Cancer Society can put you in touch with a support group that meets there. Some cancer centers have programs where they provide a former patient for you to talk to. Also, there are national cancer organizations where you can phone and receive support. Ask your oncologist office or the cancer society for a list of resources.
Keep the faith.

Julie2
09-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Lily,

Please be brave. You have many more options left. One of them will be a magic bullet.

Thinking of you.

Julie

Adriana Mangus
09-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Lily: I'm sorry to hear about the new mets...Just like the rest of our "sisters" have been able to bet it, am sure you will do it too..

You can post anytime, we are here to help you...hang in there..

StephN
09-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Dear Lily -
Such a beautiful name. I was looking at the most amazing array of lilies at the farmers market yeaterday. So many colors and smells!

Your news about the new spots in your liver is not good, but not real bad either as nothing else new. Just the same organ. Very often we need a chemo to act in combination with our Herceptin and hormone suppressor.

Don't lost heart, I know what that kind of news feels like very well. I had MANY more than 4 small spots when we began treating my liver mets. It looked like Swiss cheese with some huge tumors as well.

Navelbine and Taxol were good against my mets. However I am hormone negative, and you may need to switch to Faslodex or something instead of Tamoxifin.

The way Navelbine and Taxol work against the cancer cells are different. They go after the cells at different phases of dividing. Then the Herceptin tries to keep the cells from getting to the stage where they can divide. I know chemo will be hard with such a small boy to look after, but I think you can respond well.

Let us know what other questions you have and how the visit with onc goes.

caya
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Lily,

I am praying for you to find new treatment options for your liver mets. It seems that many are out there, you and your onc. just have to find the right combo out there that will knock'em out cold.

all the best
caya

Lolly
09-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Lilly, I'm sending good thoughts your way, and hoping you come away from your appt. monday with a battle plan. Some of us apparently need chemo cocktails with our Herceptin to keep these mets at bay, and that may be what your onc suggests. Keep us posted, and remember you're never alone as long as we're here!

<3 Lolly

Carolyns
09-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Lilly,

I am sorry to hear your news. I used Gemzar with Herceptin for liver mets and it worked for me so far.

Good luck, you will beat this back again.

Love, Hope, and Peace,
Carolyns

tousled1
09-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Lilly,

So sorry that you have an increase in liver mets. Do not despair. As the others have said sometimes you need to add a chemo to Herceptin for optimum results. Good luck and keep us posted.

kareneg
09-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi Lilly,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. There are so many treatments you have to chose from. And one of them will knock those mets out. If you need anything please email me. All my best.

Becky
09-28-2007, 03:35 PM
I am thinking about you. You have only used one chemo so far and that worked for you. Your doctor may put you right back on that one or try a new one that will kick those mets out.

Hugs to you

IRENE FROM TAMPA
09-28-2007, 04:02 PM
but please do not ever give up the battle...

I had liver mets for several years and they stayed in the liver. We were able to keep stable with different chemo treatments. I finally tried
RADIO FREQUENCY ABALATION which you might want to ask your doctor about to see if you are a candidate for. This is not for everyone but worth discussing.

Keep the faith Lily - you have a beatiful child who will keep your spirit strong. I am sorry you have to go through all of this without your family, but remember "we on this board are your family" too and we will be here for you whenever you need us.

Take care and let us know what your onc. says.

con mucho carino mi amiga y hermana

Jean
09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Lily,
You are not alone - ever - we are all here for you.
Many woman on the site have had great sucess in
getting rid of liver mets and YOU WILL TOO!

Once you have a treatment plan in motion those
met will be stomped on.

Will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,
Jean

Sheila
09-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh Lily
I was sad to see the liver is giving you a problem, but I am confident that a chemo added to the Herceptin will turn things around for you. Please know that we are all here for you day and night..I am sure this is hard going it alone....sending you love and prayers.

lilyecuadorian
09-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Every time I read a post, it makes me cry and, each time, I feel better. Thank you for your time (I know for us, our time is more valuable) so I appreciate all your posts, information, love, care. My husband is mad at me because he read my post and he read "alone" but what I was trying to say was alone on things like treatment, chances, cocktails, knowledge about our disease. Every single detail is in this site. I've never been addicted to anything until I found this site." her2support group" I used to laugh about people getting crazy for other silly stuff but not me. And see, for this group, I've become "a fanatic, lunatic" As soon I come back from my doc I will let you all know.

Thanks for all the responses I've got from the "sisterhood of authority of knowledge".<O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

Kavy
09-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Lilly,
I am so sorry to hear about your liver mets. I was diagnosed with liver (several) and lungs mets in November 2005, after been on treatment since April 2005. I had Taxotere/Herceptin for 6 months, and in May/2006 I started Nalvabine/Herceptin. In October of the same year, after 5 months of treatment, my several liver mets were gone, and it has been gone since then. Nalvabine is very doable, and so is Taxotere.This month I had to change chemo to Gemzar/Herceptin because of lung mets progression. I had my first dose last week, and so far very mild side effects too.
I pray that soon you will find the right combo that will put your liver mets into remission. Hang in there. And PM me if you have any questions.
Hugs,
KarlaV.

Mary Jo
09-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi Lilly,

I'm so sorry you are facing this new challenge.

Mary Jo

Esther
09-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Lily, you have not been through many treatments yet, there are alot of options for you. I'm confident you will beat these liver tumors back into submission quickly.

Soccermom
09-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Lilly,
no advise from me ...only much love and caring! I just know one of the "cocktails" will work for you! Keep hugging that beautiful baby Max and of course your DH.

Big hugs,Marcia

Patricia
09-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Dear Lily,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I am thinking positve thoughts of good health for you Lily. I will be praying that you and your doctor find a combo that will knock those mets back. Please know that all of your sisters are here with you.

Hugs,
Patricia

Joy
09-29-2007, 05:15 PM
part of your family too! Husbands can be wonderful (or so I have ehard:) ), but no one knows the way someone in your exact shoes knows and that is us! And again, there are so many options for you and I noticed that you were on tamoxifen at some point and I'm not sure how current that info is, but for some her+++ gals tamoxifen can cause a problem. I'm not even sure if the medical community knows how or why until we try it, but it can fuel it for a subset of patients (I was one of those).

So have good discussions with your doctor or doctors. Look at RFA, look at drug combos (Taxotere/Xeloda initially knocked back my extensive mets as have other treatments since). Do your research (you don't even need to leave this site for great research info) and advocate for yourself and we will be here with you!

Bev
09-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Lily. Sending best wishes and prayers your way. Tell DH it's nothing personal, I'm sure he's trying, but he can't fully relate to being a cancer patient. Then again, we can't fully relate to being a cancer caregiver. Don't know which one is worse.

It could be you've become tamoxifen resistant but I didn't think that was common in triple positive.

Do let us know the suggested tx. You'll be helping us. I do know what you mean about being a fanatic. It's cheaper than a psychiatrist.

I have a 13 year old son Max. Thinking about our kids makes this all harder.

I hope you have the same success as others have had. Bev

jones7676
10-01-2007, 08:12 AM
I am sorry that you don't have more "immediate" support nearby. But all of us on this website are rallying for you. You have many options out there, I hope they pick just the right one for you and those nasty mets disappear.

DonnaD
10-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Lily,
You are never alone here. Sorry you have to deal with this. Prayers and hugs are coming your way.
Donna

tricia keegan
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Lilly there's not much I can add to all these wonderful replies except to also add my best wishes you'll get through this and be NED again asap!

Emelie
10-02-2007, 07:38 AM
As the other ladies have said, there are many options available today and I am sure one of them will work for you. Please do not feel that you are alone. We are here for you any time you need to talk.
I also think contacting the American Cancer Society in your town is a great idea. There may be someone out there just like you who needs someone to talk to also.
Sending you hugs and prayers,
Emelie

Andrea Barnett Budin
10-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Lily, Sweet Lily, I just wanted you to KNOW you are in my thoughts and prayers. From the moment I read your post, my heart sank and my prayers for you began!

My arms are around you in a big hug! I am so sorry for your news that you must once again be strong and brave and face tx. But there are many weapons out there and you and your doc will find just the right recipe for you to dissolve those nasty upstarts and blast them into oblivion! Taxotere and H worked for me. Others had different cocktails that worked on their liver tumors. This is doable. Wish to God you didn't have to go through this again, but I believe you will emerge victorious and DANCE WITH NED! That is my prayer for you. Please let us all know what you are doing and how you are doing. We all care and are here for you, sweet Sister...

So glad you have your husband and your son and their love to add to ours, to boost you up and help keep you afloat. And surely your Mom's thoughts and prayers are with you at all times, no matter where she is! Much love is surrounding you. Open your heart, and let it fill you up to overflowing...

With loving, healing energy being sent your way, Lily,

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/celebrte/hug