PDA

View Full Version : friend from work

juanita
09-22-2007, 07:47 PM
I got the news today that the co-worker I've posted about who was diagnosed with liver/lung/lymph node/glands a year ago and brain mets about 6 months ago passed away this afternoon. She was a very private person and none of us were able to find out how she was doing since she'd been off work and no one ever returned our phone calls. I have worked with her for 10 years and I just don't feel like I can stop crying. I knew this was going to happen, but it doesn't make it any easier.

tousled1
09-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Juanita,

Please accept my deepest sympathy at the passing of your coworker. It is never easy when we lose someone to this dreadful disease. Just know that she is no longer in pain and is in a better place.

Margerie
09-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Juanita!!

It may seem strange not to communicate with friends when you are dealing with such devastating illness- but she and her family were probably doing the best she/they could. She must have known what a good friend you were!

Vanessa
09-22-2007, 10:00 PM
I am very sorry to hear of you loss.

hutchibk
09-22-2007, 10:05 PM
I am so sorry, my deepest sympathies and prayers to you at this trying time.

Chelee
09-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Juanita, I am so sorry for the lost of your friend. I'm sure in that 10 yrs you formed a wonderful friendship which makes this so much more difficult. Its never easy when we lose someone. You have my deepest sympathies. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

tricia keegan
09-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Juanita I'm so sorry on the loss of your friend and how sad it must make you feel. I also lost my friend very suddenly to this disease last Christmas and know what you're going through. She had'nt told us the disease had progressed to stage iv and it was a terrible shock.
Please know it does get easier and the pain passes until you'll be able to look back and think of your friend with only fond happy memories.
Thankfully she is at peace and out of pain now.

Sheila
09-23-2007, 06:02 AM
Juanita
I am so sorry for your loss...it is hard to lose a friend to this awful disease....you are both in my prayers.

Joy
09-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Cry away, beautiful! This is a sad, sad event for you, for her , for all of us. I'm so very sorry for this loss it is a blow to all of us and we share your sadness. I'm glad you shared, though, because we are all in this together.

PinkGirl
09-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Juanita,
There is no easy way to lose someone you care about. This is so sad.
Sorry for you and for her.

Liz J.
09-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Dear Juanita,

Please accept my sympathy on the loss of your friend. I do recall your posting about her several times in the past. When you work with people for a long time they become what I call "our work family". This is so difficult for you. I will keep you both in my prayers. May she rest in peace.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Believe51
09-24-2007, 07:12 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Juanita. I have just lost two dear friends over the weekend and I too have been in tears. I think that even when you are expecting it you are really never ready. Hope you can find some solice in your day and know that my heart is with you baby!! Keep smiling and try to take a moment to post a 'Today's Joy', because I know there has to be something that you could express. Today I will shroud you with hugs and prayers and positive healing energy to help you get through!!>>Believe51