PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium

Joe
09-20-2007, 05:58 PM
To all interested in attending. We will once again be offering to pay for your registration to attend the conference.

You may wish to register early and most important GET HOUSING. Rooms are starting to get scarce. I suggest that you share rooms to cut down on expenses.

Email me if you are interested.

Regards
Joe

hutchibk
09-20-2007, 07:59 PM
HI Joe - what are the dates? Since I am in Austin (45 min. San Antonio) I would love to go if the dates work. I also have a place to stay, so it's a natural for me...

Joe
09-21-2007, 02:28 PM
I believe the dates are Dec. 13-16 Our group is arriving on the 12th.

Regards
Joe

Sheila
09-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Joe
I have my room through SABCS at the same place as last year....hope thats where you are staying...I just need to rearrange my chemo that week and book the flight.
So looking forward to it!

Joe
09-26-2007, 04:57 AM
Shelia, I faxed in your registration this morning.

Brenda, I need your contact info.

Any others interested?

Regards
Joe

StephN
09-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi everyone -
I just wish to mention that my airfare and most of my room was paid for by a Komen Travel Grant (for 2005 symposium). I just downloaded the form pages from my local Komen web site, filled it in and they cut a check for $1,000 to HER2support.

Sandy H also got a travel grant through the Dallas headquarters of Komen since she did not have a local group with coffers available for such worthy expenses.

Anyone interested in attending should check with their local cancer organizations to see if assistance is available. My local Komen did not think twice when they found out I was a HER2 metster and was invited by HER2support to be part of that group working the booth on the exhibition floor and networking our survivorship. They "got it!"

The dates are too late in December this year for me to be able to attend. Being in retail during the holidays limits my ability to be away after about Dec 11. My bonus money helps pay my medigaps and copays!

P.S. Not to mention the precarious health of my dad, who is still hanging on. And my mom needing a lot of support through these LONG months.

Sheila
09-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Steph
I went on a Komen grant through the headquarters last year...unfortunately, they are not doing it anymore...I tried. Maybe some local ones would help...the one here doesn't do grants either...so grant money will have to come from somewhere else...and you have to start early...the deadline for Alamo Breast Cancer foundation was Sept. 1st.

chrisy
09-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Joe, I'm interested. Can share room with Sheila...

Joe
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Chris,

Same contact info as last year?

Regards
Joe

TriciaK
09-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Joe, I will be there in spirit and will look forward to your reports. thanks so much for keeping us informed about so much! Tricia