PDA

View Full Version : Breast Calicfications

mslinda
09-17-2007, 06:07 PM
I was just reading Ceesun's post and it reminded me of the mamogram that I just had. Trying not to let the results bother me, I am now concerned. I had the bi-latteral mamo this time, and the left side was clear. The right side (non cancer side) showed calcifications and two "nodules". I am not sure what that means. Nothing in the past 4 mamo's has been noted for the right side. I also had a brain MRI that showed a small spot in the white area. Is this something of concern? Onc's nurse called me and said all was o.k. Surgeon's office sent out the mamo results. They are the results the doctor gets. I always request these reports for my records. So, do you think I need to pursue this mamogram further? Thanks for reading this. You can see by my signature as to the treatments I went through. I did not get Herceptin.

Linda
S. Mississippi

Jean
09-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I have attached a link which may offer some addtional information. (I have a mamo every other six months - I alternate with a breast MRI). On my last mamo my doctor and I were viewing the results and I saw a small
white fleck type of dot and I was concerned. She told me it was a benign
breast calcification - and she explained by the shape and pattern she was
certain. I hope this helps you - as the worry over anything in the breast
causes us so much stress. Maybe your doctor will go over the test with
you and he/or/she can explain in detail. When in doubt though check it
out.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/breast-cancer/AN00049

Regards,
Jean