PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a milestone with you

tammymarie1971
09-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi Everyone, I don't post often but I read almost everyday. I just wanted to share with you that we brought our youngest to Kindergarten today!!!!!!!!!!! A bittersweet thing, but when I was diagnosed while pregnant with him I never thought I would live long enough to see this day!!! When liver mets where found when he was 2 we thought for sure I wouldn't be the one taking him!!!! So today is a day of extreme gratitude, and how did I spend my first morning without any children at home................. I did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and washed the floors and I didn't have to tell anyone to stay off the wet floors!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for letting me share this with you!
Tammy

caya
09-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Congratulations Tammy. A big milestone for you and your son. Here's hoping you have many more years of good health and milestones - like high school and university graduations, weddings, granchildren etc.

all the best,
your Canadian sister (Toronto area)
caya

PinkGirl
09-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi,
I am very happy for you. Congratulations on that huge accomplishment. I wish for many more milestones for you and your family.

Believe51
09-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Thank you for sharing. Friday was my husband's one year cancerversary and it was a milestone for his journey. We had a poor prognosis at diagnosis and look at him today!! Oh Honey, I am so very happy for you and I want to thank you for sharing. It is so bittersweet to see them off to school and so refreshing to see them grow!! I get great pleasure hearing the sound of your voice and knowing that you have fought this journey day by day, step by step, and now your baby is in school & you got to see it!!!!! Bless you all!!

And Tammy.......LOOK AT YOU TODAY!!

Sending tons of love, hugs and mega prayers for the journey you are on and the accomplishments you have achieved!!>>Believe51

lexigirl
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Yes!! I am so happy that you have made it to this milestone. Prayers said that you will watch this young one graduate from college!!

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Mary Jo
09-12-2007, 01:57 PM
....................and thank YOU for sharing this wonderful story with us. HOPE is what it's all about and you gave us that today. I'm so happy for you and thank God at this moment that He's given you this moment in your life. A blessing, no doubt!

Mary Jo

Sheila
09-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Tammy
How exciting for you, may you share many more milestones...graduations, proms, sports etc with your little one.....put your feet up and relax, you desrve it!

Julie2
09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I am wishing you with a warm heart that you are going to see your kid graduate from the college!

Julie

Mary Anne in TX
09-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Cleaning floors and doing laundry never sounded so good! Great news for all of you! Thank you for taking time to share it! Here's to tons more years of those lovely chores and taking your little guy to school!

Jean
09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Hey Tammy,
Here's to you wearing out hundreds of mops!
There was an article back a while about how housework is a great
tool for stopping recurrance! (I think this article was written by a man)
ha ha....

Thank you for sharing your wonderfu joy! So very happy to read your post - you put a major big smile on my face.

Hugs,
Jean

Lolly
09-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Isn't it great being able to do the housework and enjoy it?!!! That's one of the gifts of cancer, knowing that the everyday things most people take for granted are actually pretty precious. Congratulations on getting your baby off to kindergaten!

<3 Lolly

Joe
09-12-2007, 05:52 PM
When Christine was first diagnosed in 1990, my oldest daughter Debra was just entering the first grade and my youngest Danielle was in pre-school.

This fall Debra is scheduled to graduate from The University of San Diego with a degree in accounting and Danielle just hosted her first radio show at KUCI in Irvine, California.

My advice, take it one day at a time, but make the most of eaxh day.

Regards
Joe

Faith in Him
09-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Wow!! I'm so happy for you. What a blessing for you and your son. I watched my son graduate from kindergarten last year. Again, I wasn't sure I was going to make it when first dx.

Celebrate :)

dhealey
09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Tammy, Congratulations on both counts! Enjoy each and everyday with your son to the fullest. Wishing you many more years of watching him grow up! I watched my middle child graduate from college in May (bald head and all, but I was gratfull just to be there) and I intend to see my son graduate from college in 2 years! Hope the same for you!

Marlys
09-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Tammy,
How wonderful. I am shedding tears of joy for you and praying that you see him graduate from college in just a few short years.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

sassy
09-12-2007, 07:39 PM
What a wonderful thing to share with us all. Congrats to you and your son for reaching such milestones!
________
Sofi cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Sofi)

sherri
09-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Tammy,

I'm so happy for you and thank you for sharing. When your kids go to UBC, I'll tell you I told you so!

Big hig

Carolyns
09-13-2007, 06:17 AM
Tammy,

That is great news. I have tears of joy in my eyes.

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyns

Karen Weixel
09-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Tammy,

I am very happy for you and your family.

Stay strong!

Karen

Vanessa
09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I love to hear heartwarming news like this. I am hoping and praying that you see many, many more milestones as special as this one.

Jade
09-17-2007, 10:36 PM
We actually met in the chemo clinic and it was you who told me about this wonderful site (Jade is a pseudonym). I was a newly diagnosed basketcase while you were a calm and seasoned warrior. Meeting you was a memorable event for me in this journey. You inspired me and gave me hope because we spoke and I knew you had four young kids to mother besides dealing with Stage IV cancer, yet you seemed to be so brave and you were just getting on with things.

I've thought of you often and have followed your posts. I couldn't resist the chance to say that I am so very very happy for you and my wish for you is that you could feel physically great, every single day. Enjoy the golden days of kindergarten (and ALL that spare time!)

Love,
Jade

hutchibk
09-17-2007, 10:47 PM
As my Kiwi friends expressed to me this weekend... 'good on ya' Tammy! I think that means congrats!

Joe - I loved hearing about your daughter hosting her first college radio show... I went that route too in college. I ended up eventually as the music director. It sure was fun!

Emelie
09-18-2007, 08:50 AM
that we are given the grace to live in. Keep on enjoying all the milestones of life with children.
Best of luck with the journey,
Emelie