PDA

View Full Version : Worried Sick

Ceesun
09-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Had a diagnostic mammogram on Monday and some calcifications showed up--the same breast I had surgery on 4 years ago. Today I had a biopsy, the radiologist said you have been through a lot and we are going to be picky picky after reviewing the films on Monday. I called my oncologist in a bit of a panic yesterday and the nurse called back and said my onc. called medical records and not to worry as there was "nothing bad in the report." I see him tomorrow for chemo....I don't understand this as I am on chemo: herceptin, navelbine and xeloda and in a clinical trial and have been in remission. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Ceesun aka Cathy

Sheila
09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Cathy
I feel your worry, I was diagnosed 5 1/2 years ago via calcifications on a mammo....but since then, I have had them 2x on the other side, and the biopsy was normal.....try not to worry, I know, easier said than done....seems like your current regime should keep mets away. You are in my prayers for good news!

PinkGirl
09-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi Ceesun

I'm sorry you are so worried about this, but everyone knows how that feels.
It sounds to me like they are just being very cautious and "picky" because of your "history". I know the waiting is hard. I think it was Margerie who said to laugh after someone tells you to relax! Good luck tomorrow.

dhealey
09-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Ceesun, I feel for you as we all do when we have tests done or find a lump. It sounds like your doctors are on top of things. Try to be positive. (Hard one for me sometimes) Will keep you in my prayers for good results.

Jean
09-12-2007, 08:06 PM
ugh, sorry that you have to endure more...as if your trt is not enough?
I will keep you in my prayers that all is normal and well.

Not easy....take a deep breath....and try to keep positive thoughts.

Best Wishes
Jean

Bev
09-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Cathy, hope all turns out fine. In the meantime you can't gear up for what might be.That would be too exhausting. You need to take care of yourself until you know if you actually have something to battle. Easier said than done. Let us know if all is status quo. BB

Vi Schorpp
09-13-2007, 07:20 AM
I have a favorite saying, "Don't borrow trouble." We just need to get through one day at a time...Hopefully the support of this group relaxes you in that you are in our prayers and thoughts. Be well.