PDA

View Full Version : Anybody is controlling their mets just with Herceptin?

Julie2
09-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Anybody is controlling their active mets with just being on Herceptin without chemo?

Thanks,
Julie

jhandley
09-12-2007, 02:30 AM
Hi
I had a 15 mm liver spot 2 yr ago..had 6 x taxol/Herceptin. The spot disappeared after 9 weeks and has not returned. Have been on H only for nearly 2 years.
Jackie

kareneg
09-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi,
I had a 2 1/2 year run with just herceptin and had two tumors in my liver during the whole time.

Lee
09-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I had 3 spots on my liver and 1 on my pelvis, which disappeared pretty quickly after starting chemo in 10/05 (Carboplatin, Taxol, Herceptin). I've been in remission ever since chemo ended on 4/06, just on Herceptin every 3 weeks.

Andrea Barnett Budin
09-12-2007, 12:36 PM
HI! I've been on Vitamin *H* since '98. No mets. Sticking w/the program. Don't want to fix what isn't broken. Have multiple oncs and all concur, including Pegram UCLA as of Feb '06. I believe H is keeping me alive and well. Wishing all my sweet Sisters NED... With LOVE ALWAYS...
ANDI :)

mrsd
09-12-2007, 04:57 PM
I have been controlling my mets to lungs, lymph nodes, and sternum with Herceptin alone. Although we had to add Ardenia for the bones and do 5 rad treatments for sternum this summer I have not had to have any of the "heavy stuff" yet and hope to never have them. Since last August all tumors have reduced significantly and my onc is very happy with the results. We do CTscan every three months to see how much more reduction there is. When I was first diagnosed Heceptin for stage I was still in clinical trials so I didn't recieve it then.