PDA

View Full Version : Mercury

CLTann
09-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I have been reading many articles by medical doctors in recent days questioning the safety of mercury in vaccine and dental amalgam. Look under mercury breast cancer in google search, you will find amazing connections. I never understand why FDA will sound alarm of parts per billion of mercury in fish and sea water but ignore the presence of mercury in dental filling, which leaks out daily to harm the person. Autism and alsheimer have been linked to mercury too. Is this another FDA and AMA cover up story of claiming mosquito does not transmit AIDS?

rentrac
09-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Before getting too upset about the mercury, don't forget a chemical's state determines what it can do and can't do. By that I mean, being part of a molecule can make a specific atom or ion quite inert or very active depending on how its charges and bonds are set up, and if it's available to even react to other molecules, ions or atoms. I've found that ANYBODY can put stuff on the internet whether it is true or not. Just a "theory" can suddenly take on enormous importance just because a lot of people read it, email it on, or talk about it, even if there has been little or no actual proof of their statements. That's why I stay with verifiable sources of information that have done the research, including independent verification of the reports. You are right, in that mercury is not benign, but neither is it all evil. Studies have been done about amalgams and release of mercury. You might want to look those up and see what they say. As to the doctors who are reporting the scariest stuff, why don't you look up their credentials. Are they licensed? The state medical boards allow you to check those and there are sources to allow you check for disciplinary actions, etc. You should also be able to find their resources for their statements. As Ronald Reagan said: Trust by verify. Good Luck.
Rentrac

tousled1
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
When I was at my dentist in July we discussed the mercury fillings that I have. She told me that there is no known reason to replace them since the actual amount of mercury in a typical filling is very small. They will/should be replaced only if you are having problems with them.