PDA

View Full Version : 6th Round w/o Taxotere

kcherub
09-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Good evening! Well, I went to the oncologist's today, expecting to just get Herceptin, but ended up doing Herceptin and Carboplatin. No Taxotere--since that seemed to be the culprit for the nasty neuropathy and it was the drug that necessitated the use of steriods. It took about 3 hours or so...

I had an Emend and Ativan via infusion (to go along with the Ativan I had already taken), so I was feeling "loopy" all afternoon. We were able to go to my store for an hour or so for some light work. I think I felt queasy, but it was most likely from the Ativan and not the Herceptin or Carboplatin. I came home, took a little nap, had a light dinner, and am now writing to you lovely ladies! We shall see how the next few days go.

So, I did get a 6th round, albeit only 85% of my protocol, but I am officially DONE with chemo!!!

Thanks so much to all of you who posted to me when I was freaking out after my last round.

Take care,

Jean
09-07-2007, 06:45 PM
The hardest part is now behind you....congratulations on completion of
chemo. The herceptin is much easier. Wishin you the best.

Jean

PinkGirl
09-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Congrats on finishing the "nasty" stuff. The Herceptin (for me) was nothing like chemo. I had some side effects but I actually felt human again. Good luck with the rest of the regime - you will gradually start to feel much better now.

tousled1
09-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Krista,

You finished the hard part. Compared to what you've been through Herceptin alone will be a walk in the park.

Erin
09-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Good for you! It is "doable" but it sucks nonetheless. Congrats on getting through it!

rentrac
09-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Congratultions! A major hurdle achieved, in my book, deserves a special reward for "good behavior", "Surviving the Tough Stuff", and just as a personal pat on the back from yourself. My personal favorite is to treat myself to lunch at my favorite restaurant with a close friend or my husband. Maybe you can celebrate in your own special way... it makes it even better when you have accumulated so many treats that you can't count them all! That's Continued SURVIVAL! Hope your neuropathy starts diminishing right away, though don't be surprised if it doesn't try to move in on you like an unwanted destitute relative.
Warmly,
Rentrac

kcherub
09-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Thank you all so very much! I swear, I felt like a crazy person posting after each round, and I am so glad to not feel that way after this "mini-cycle"...

I feel a little icky, but knowing that I don't have the steriod issues to get through, is FAB!

Take care,

Melinda
09-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Ya did it! I am sure you feel better knowing that you at least got part of #6. You will not believe the difference you will feel in the coming weeks! Keep in touch
Melinda

Peggy
09-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Congratulations! It is so wonderful to feel you can check something off your list! As survivors we seem to really need to celebrate every achievement. So celebrate!

Peggy